Cricket 19 Nintendo switch.

dukeofbeningham

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
it is not even in coming soon section. i m wondering why there is no or very little information about switch version.

Since I’ve known the release date for UK I was keeping an eye on the ‘Coming Soon’ section and it was never on there. So I wouldn’t worry about that and fingers crossed it’s soon for NA.

Just dropped on the eshop on release date.
I’ve got a Japanese Switch account I use to look at/buy any games only released in Japan, could you do similar for UK store ?

duberryboy1

Club Captain
Since I’ve known the release date for UK I was keeping an eye on the ‘Coming Soon’ section and it was never on there. So I wouldn’t worry about that and fingers crossed it’s soon for NA.

Just dropped on the eshop on release date.
I’ve got a Japanese Switch account I use to look at/buy any games only released in Japan, could you do similar for UK store ?
I couldn't wait any longer and ended up switching to the UK store.

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
I never saw it in the Coming Soon of Australian eShop either. But now I can search or see it under Recently released section

robwishart

Club Cricketer
It’s really difficult to capture it, and it appears they have employed dynamic resolution as close up shots don’t appear as bad (even accounting for the clarity gained from an object being closer). Wide angle shots, including the main bowler run up and initial
stroke, the resolution dips to sub 640*480. On the Batsman link/transitions animations, you have a much higher res in par with what you would expect undocked c. 720p.

I’ve tried to highlight the issue with res in this video, notice the wide shot against the crispness of the score HUD.

Apologies in advance for the quality and awkward camera phone video!

plodder

School Cricketer
It’s really difficult to capture it, and it appears they have employed dynamic resolution as close up shots don’t appear as bad (even accounting for the clarity gained from an object being closer). Wide angle shots, including the main bowler run up and initial
stroke, the resolution dips to sub 640*480. On the Batsman link/transitions animations, you have a much higher res in par with what you would expect undocked c. 720p.

I’ve tried to highlight the issue with res in this video, notice the wide shot against the crispness of the score HUD.

Apologies in advance for the quality and awkward camera phone video!

It actually looks really promising on the Switch and something I'm considering. How are the controls mapped in comparison to the consoles?

I'd be interested to hear from @BigAntStudios @MattW if there are any intentions to push out updates that improve loading times, framerate and resolution etc?

Redfive

School Cricketer
It actually looks really promising on the Switch and something I'm considering. How are the controls mapped in comparison to the consoles?

I'd be interested to hear from @BigAntStudios @MattW if there are any intentions to push out updates that improve loading times, framerate and resolution etc?

Controls pretty much the same (do you use classic?)

I've played for a couple of hours this evening - batting only, and a mix of docked with a pro controller (identical to playing on Xbox really) and handheld.

Wondered how classic controls would fare with the joycon joysticks but pleasantly surprised.

Shoulder buttons maybe a little more awkward to access and I've had to change from my preferred 'A' to leave the ball to L3, as found the face buttons hard to slide to from the right joystick on the joycons.

Poor footwork and misplaced shots no more or less frequent than when playing with the pro controller. Any issues very much with the guy holding the switch rather than the game/controls...

As others have said, laggy cutscenes, jerky fielders and loading times are the main negatives at the moment. Hope and expect them to improve with the imminent patch.

Overall pleased with my gamble to get it on this console so far.

Vampes

School Cricketer
Looks better than I expected,thanks for posting.

I know see what people mean about the fielding bug... its impossible to finish the relay throw tutorial as the field hops / pauses as he heads towards the ball so slowly such that the ball is impossible to catch up with to start a relay throw... this must be a bug in the animation / speed of the fielder as the batter running animation is very smooth at the bottom of the screen.
Controls pretty much the same (do you use classic?)

I've played for a couple of hours this evening - batting only, and a mix of docked with a pro controller (identical to playing on Xbox really) and handheld.

Wondered how classic controls would fare with the joycon joysticks but pleasantly surprised.

Shoulder buttons maybe a little more awkward to access and I've had to change from my preferred 'A' to leave the ball to L3, as found the face buttons hard to slide to from the right joystick on the joycons.

Poor footwork and misplaced shots no more or less frequent than when playing with the pro controller. Any issues very much with the guy holding the switch rather than the game/controls...

As others have said, laggy cutscenes, jerky fielders and loading times are the main negatives at the moment. Hope and expect them to improve with the imminent patch.

Overall pleased with my gamble to get it on this console so far.

I did a quick video showing some of the bugs (as a companion to the game play video I posted earlier). Some look fixable although the loading times / stutter in cutscenes due to loading in the background could be trickier.
Overall, I'm OK with it as is - its very playable but look forward to the patch to fix a few things, particularly the fielder bug

sami007

Club Cricketer
I know see what people mean about the fielding bug... its impossible to finish the relay throw tutorial as the field hops / pauses as he heads towards the ball so slowly such that the ball is impossible to catch up with to start a relay throw... this must be a bug in the animation / speed of the fielder as the batter running animation is very smooth at the bottom of the screen.

I did a quick video showing some of the bugs (as a companion to the game play video I posted earlier). Some look fixable although the loading times / stutter in cutscenes due to loading in the background could be trickier.
Overall, I'm OK with it as is - its very playable but look forward to the patch to fix a few things, particularly the fielder bug

Thanks for this video! I’m really on the fence now about buying it. Maybe once it’s confirmed some of these issues are addressed by patching, I’ll get it.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
from what I can tell gameplay looks like 30fps which is what i was looking for, couldn't really care less about the non gameplay sections, does it run okay in handheld mode?

Also, motion controls?

Redfive

School Cricketer
from what I can tell gameplay looks like 30fps which is what i was looking for, couldn't really care less about the non gameplay sections, does it run okay in handheld mode?

Also, motion controls?

Didn't notice a massive difference in handheld mode - gameplay certainly felt equally smooth and responsive. Tougher to pick up the ball on the smaller screen as you'd imagine!

No motion controls that I could see - certainly none indicated in controls section of settings etc.

pinku

Club Captain
For any people not sure about buying cricket 19 on Switch.

Screenshot_2019-05-29-08-03-41-401_com.twitter.android.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread