Cricket 19 : Online Suggestions/Improvements

D

Dutch

ICC offers international cricket to international teams and doesn't say that you do whatever you want. They have rules and regulations in place and with changes in game they tweak the rules and regulations.

Similarly BA is the owner of cricket 19, these are not issues we are facing from 28th of May. The things I've posted have been there for ages. Never received a response from BA or the BETA team that it will even be looked at. Pretty disappointed that people playing genuine cricket has to be the victims here are can't even express their frustration without getting slack for it.
So BA has the function of policing online gameplay like the ICC for real life cricket?

You are never a victim When you play against people who adhere to a set of rules agreed with each other.

And If you think being a ‘victim’ means being bowled a slow ball in an online game you have know idea what that word really means in real life.

Nix71289

Club Captain
So BA has the function of policing online gameplay like the ICC for real life cricket?

You are never a victim When you play against people who adhere to a set of rules agreed with each other.

And If you think being a ‘victim’ means being bowled a slow ball in an online game you have know idea what that word really means in real life.
Dude I think you should stop trying to defend BA for every negative comment and understand what we as customers go through!!

Nix71289

Club Captain
I

If you don't get my point of ironing out issues in online gameplay then there is no point discussing further!! BA has to remove game exploits, simple as that !!!

D

Dutch

Dude I think you should stop trying to defend BA for every negative comment and understand what we as customers go through!!
No I am not defending BA I am defending my right to look for clarity within a set of arguments that I think dont hold alltogether true. Your right to post is as valid as mine.[DOUBLEPOST=1559114238][/DOUBLEPOST]
I

If you don't get my point of ironing out issues in online gameplay then there is no point discussing further!! BA has to remove game exploits, simple as that !!!
No, you need to play against people who wont exploit the service offered.

Nix71289

Club Captain
No I am not defending BA I am defending my right to look for clarity within a set of arguments that I think dont hold alltogether true. Your right to post is as valid as mine.[DOUBLEPOST=1559114238][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, you need to play against people who wont exploit the service offered.

No, when I'm paying close to 5K for a product I expect it to be playable at any conditions properly when the issues has already been let known to the developer a year ago!!

If I am getting a product where people are exploiting it and I've to stop myself from playing the game with some people it's as good as calling it as broken!!

D

Dutch

No, when I'm paying close to 5K for a product I expect it to be playable at any conditions properly when the issues has already been let known to the developer a year ago!!

If I am getting a product where people are exploiting it and I've to stop myself from playing the game with some people it's as good as calling it as broken!!
Okay. Good luck!

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
To be fair on the Gentleman, Bigant have been asked/requested/pleaded since DBC14 day one to try and close off some Online Exploits and allow various parameters to be set by League/Match Creators.

This has for 5 years been falling on deaf ears.

Some love towards the Online Frustrations is required.

I got jumped on yesterday by most of the Beta Boys defending the end Product (which looks awesome by the way) , when I dared state that online wasnt suffieciently represented/tested.

Maybe too early to draw conclusions yet, but seems to form a similiar Pattern, 4th time around.

I will reserve my final judgement on this only after able to extensively test the format myself in a week or Two (or whenever South Africa receives the damn game)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Ok let me start off saying, you cannot land in yorkers all balls in this game, you can bowl all in yorker length zone but if you practice you can score off them..

For slow bouncers, you can play shots for all types of deliveries now, you need to increase the shot range , even a chip shot off backfoot to midwicket works..

If you dont like whats happening with the other person's approach change the person , get a guy with good mentality.. I am not a slog person so if I mistime slog I know I am bad at it.. Even in a F5 game I would be thinking of getting good footwork and aiming for the gaps for those boundaries thats my mentality.. But things people do online to get a win is simply cheap..

Increase shot range, you have cuts and fine region shots to score off, be good at your approach.. The first online stream I saw was a guy trying to move 6th stump line and slogging off leg, but unfortunately the game simply doesnt allow to slog everything.. Finding gaps for four is also four runs which I dont see many doing.. Some shots like straight drive and cover drive could get some more travel when timed well which I can agree to but its nothing like impossible or online being ignored..

Theres a difference between game not doing it right or the player inability to play the right shot to the ball..

chaman82

County Cricketer
Ok let me start off saying, you cannot land in yorkers all balls in this game, you can bowl all in yorker length zone but if you practice you can score off them..

For slow bouncers, you can play shots for all types of deliveries now, you need to increase the shot range , even a chip shot off backfoot to midwicket works..

If you dont like whats happening with the other person's approach change the person , get a guy with good mentality.. I am not a slog person so if I mistime slog I know I am bad at it.. Even in a F5 game I would be thinking of getting good footwork and aiming for the gaps for those boundaries thats my mentality.. But things people do online to get a win is simply cheap..

Increase shot range, you have cuts and fine region shots to score off, be good at your approach.. The first online stream I saw was a guy trying to move 6th stump line and slogging off leg, but unfortunately the game simply doesnt allow to slog everything.. Finding gaps for four is also four runs which I dont see many doing.. Some shots like straight drive and cover drive could get some more travel when timed well which I can agree to but its nothing like impossible or online being ignored..

Theres a difference between game not doing it right or the player inability to play the right shot to the ball..
Would u like to join one of the online league and may be test further.. ?

las_faiz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@chaman82 I played 4-5 games online with randoms. I was able to spank those loopy short spins and medium bouncers and even yorkers once I got my eye in and batsman confidence was green (one guy tried all of this and more). They had no choice but to change their tactics. I agree the slow ones are hard to time but that is how it should be to keep the balance

Nix71289

Club Captain

Have the offline game changed from the past 3 iterations?? Yes!!

Asking the same to be done for online too!

We are suggesting things which would make the game better for online gaming and even exploiters can't do much if some of these are implemented!

Don't understand the logic behind people saying play only certain people!!

chaman82

County Cricketer
Pace change is the only strategic option valid in online gameplay.

Mostly players play 10 or t20 , so increased chance of edges on regular seam up good lenght delivery would be nice early in the inngs

The modifiers
They are so deep and one can customise gameplay as required....if somehow it can be done online and kept same.for both the players , big ant as a developer has to do nothing more..
Players can find the exact gameplay they need

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Online experience is so poor
Fielding camera just pointing into the sky
Game pausing for no reason
Wicket keeper diving and missing the ball and then just lying on the floor while the ball is next to him on the ground
Opponents taking 3 runs when the ball just hits the stumps
On top of this the game looks cartoony and when you hit a six you don’t feel as though you have hit it
Many many more issues
But as long as the offline play is good everything is good I suppose
Online buyers neglected again

Users who are viewing this thread