Taking new ball?

fezza

Club Captain
Anyone know how to take the new ball? I have had first class innings of over 98 overs and not been offered it!

fezza

Club Captain
That's what it was in Ashes cricket but no option on the D pad appears in my game. 138 overs now and no new ball. The ball itself has visually deteriorated though.

fezza

Club Captain
I have now tried it in a Test Match at MCG Australia versus England. The same problem - no new ball available. No-one else come across this? (Perhaps everyone is playing short format? It is strange as this wasn't a problem in Ashes Cricket.)

If it is a general problem it is a game breaker - an Ashes game where you can't really play the Ashes. My AI opponent went from 147-7 to 358-9 as the old ball (80-138 overs) did nothing on a flat pitch. Now I am a patient player but that is ridiculous!

Sticking to ODIs now for the time being...

ChrisCricket

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I have now tried it in a Test Match at MCG Australia versus England. The same problem - no new ball available. No-one else come across this? (Perhaps everyone is playing short format? It is strange as this wasn't a problem in Ashes Cricket.)

If it is a general problem it is a game breaker - an Ashes game where you can't really play the Ashes. My AI opponent went from 147-7 to 358-9 as the old ball (80-138 overs) did nothing on a flat pitch. Now I am a patient player but that is ridiculous!

Sticking to ODIs now for the time being...

I did also the new ball scene isnt there im im guess this needs patched?

tombomb

School Cricketer
Same issue for me. people keep saying press up on D pad. There is no option to take the new ball, at least as far as I can see.

D

Deleted member 193590

Same issue for me. people keep saying press up on D pad. There is no option to take the new ball, at least as far as I can see.

Yes,same for me no option to take the new ball.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Working fine on my end -
Screenshot_40.png

Do people have 'In Game Notifications' enabled in settings? Though either way you should be able to press up on the D-Pad and press accept new ball even if you don't get the notification.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Working fine on my end -
View attachment 222125

Do people have 'In Game Notifications' enabled in settings? Though either way you should be able to press up on the D-Pad and press accept new ball even if you don't get the notification.
Nah it still not working for me I still didn't receive it the other day when I messaged you about it and you replied it still wasn't there for me and yeh I do have in game notifcations as I get injury update and other stuff partnerships

D

Deleted member 193590

Working fine on my end -
View attachment 222125

Yep I have 'In Game Notifications' enabled in settings,but still not showing new ball.If I get to 80 overs tomorrow in my 2nd ashes test I'll send you a screenshot.

fezza

Club Captain
I wonder if the ball's age resets (or gets confused) when you save - so if you save and reload at 60 overs it resets and you only get offered a new ball on 140 overs.

I have noticed a 70 over ball looks used but not as worn as you would expect (or as worn as it was in Ashes Cricket).

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Are people being confused by the fact the transparency options are new, and therefore the new ball option is lower down than in ashes?

I know it took me a moment to spot it

fezza

Club Captain
Thanks mate - yes that looks basically the same as in Ashes cricket.

Trouble is in my 19 game the ball is not that worn, there is no new ball notification at 80 overs and there is no accept new ball option on D pad. It is really weird!

Users who are viewing this thread