Fielding Stats

SMIFFYLFC79

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anybody figured out how to increase fielding stats yet? I fielded for 25 overs of a One Dayer and received nothing, also have a fielding perk which gives a small bonus (apparently)

Any help or advice greatfully received.

bptuner

School Cricketer
I have experienced this as well, have you actually taken any catches or run anyone out and still received no XP? I think the fielding tree is heavily geared towards the "Wicket-keeper" role, so unless you get a random catch or run out, you get nothing regardless of your fielding performance. Seems only wickets count as "good fielding". :(

SMIFFYLFC79

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I have experienced this as well, have you actually taken any catches or run anyone out and still received no XP? I think the fielding tree is heavily geared towards the "Wicket-keeper" role, so unless you get a random catch or run out, you get nothing regardless of your fielding performance. Seems only wickets count as "good fielding". :(

Not whilst fielding NO, I have not taken any catches or run any player out, but I simulated an innings and it said I took a catch on the scorecard, but never received any points for it, I'm currently playing a game, where I have taken wickets and I have also fielded every over so far, its a 4 day game, just at the beginning of day 2, so I will have to let you know the outcome. :)

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

Yeah it must be. I only field a.few balls. I don't have all day to watch every ball which is no where.near me.

bptuner

School Cricketer
Not whilst fielding NO, I have not taken any catches or run any player out, but I simulated an innings and it said I took a catch on the scorecard, but never received any points for it, I'm currently playing a game, where I have taken wickets and I have also fielded every over so far, its a 4 day game, just at the beginning of day 2, so I will have to let you know the outcome. :)
I had a similar experience in where I had only a single wicket for the game, accidentally simulated one ball instead siming to end the session and I apparently I got a wicket on that simulated ball. However, at the post-game experience reward I was only given a wicket bonus for 1 even though I had taken a second simulated one.

It would appear all matches provide a fairly linear rate of experience towards your overall level even if you simulate, however you only receive specific "ability experience" for performing the 3 key actions listed in each area of batting, bowling and fielding yourself. Fielding as anyone besides keeper or maybe slip is a waste of time and deeply frustrating after you try to field all the innings for a test practice only to receive 0 exp towards fielding.

It can be just as frustrating trying to get your batting skill up as a bowler, as doing anything worthwhile with the bat in your hands consumes mass stamina which bleeds over into your bowling (atleast in 50 over format).Edit

Last edited:

SMIFFYLFC79

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
So, I fielded for a Total of 127.2 Overs, Took 0 catches, 0 Run-Outs, and got a grand total of 0 Fielding AP. Guess it really is Wicket Keeper based, shame as on DB17 and Ashes games u could level up your fielding. Going to put myself as WK in my next One Day Match and see what comes of that.

Keep u posted. :)

*Edit* Cannot Set myself as WK, Going to start a new career as WK/Batsman.

Last edited:

SMIFFYLFC79

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
So, out of curiosity I began a Career as a WK, 1st club game was a 3 day game, batted my part, simulated fielding, Catches 7, RunOuts 1. Fielding AP = Catches 0, RunOuts 0, Stumpings 0, Bonus 300.

Game 2 - One Day 50 Over Match, again Batted my Part, Fielded for 5 Overs, Took 1 Catch manually, simulated the other 45 Overs and took 3 catches during simulated overs. Fielding AP = Catches 50, RunOuts 0, Stumpings 0, Bonus 100.

So manually taking a catch earnt me 50 in game 2, with 100 bonus, but 7 catches and a RunOut, (simulated) got me a 300 bonus. Anyhow it seems u need to be lucky enough to take a catch or 2 whilst manually fielding to earn anything what so ever. :)

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
So, I fielded for a Total of 127.2 Overs, Took 0 catches, 0 Run-Outs, and got a grand total of 0 Fielding AP. Guess it really is Wicket Keeper based, shame as on DB17 and Ashes games u could level up your fielding. Going to put myself as WK in my next One Day Match and see what comes of that.

Keep u posted. :)

*Edit* Cannot Set myself as WK, Going to start a new career as WK/Batsman.

Lmao i think you can if you select the whole team.

The the real rules there is not rule against being a wicket keeper and bowling a few overs as long as you have a second wicket keeper.

Shame i can't do this.

Unleas you are a wicket keeper you can spend hours in field doing nothing.

Im pretty sure don bradman 14 has a skip to player in field.

Last edited:

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
So, out of curiosity I began a Career as a WK, 1st club game was a 3 day game, batted my part, simulated fielding, Catches 7, RunOuts 1. Fielding AP = Catches 0, RunOuts 0, Stumpings 0, Bonus 300.

Game 2 - One Day 50 Over Match, again Batted my Part, Fielded for 5 Overs, Took 1 Catch manually, simulated the other 45 Overs and took 3 catches during simulated overs. Fielding AP = Catches 50, RunOuts 0, Stumpings 0, Bonus 100.

So manually taking a catch earnt me 50 in game 2, with 100 bonus, but 7 catches and a RunOut, (simulated) got me a 300 bonus. Anyhow it seems u need to be lucky enough to take a catch or 2 whilst manually fielding to earn anything what so ever. :)
No one is going to manually field to get the points. Looks like our rating will be quite low then haha

bptuner

School Cricketer
I just wanted to add, anyone looking to increase their fielding stats without going insane, set yourself as WK in T20 matches. You get alot of action and it rarely goes to the 20th over. Its too time consuming and fruitless to do it any other way in any other format, and you get lots of reflex catch minigames which are pretty satisfying when caught.

(You need to be captain to set yourself as keeper, also dont forget to appeal because the bowler won't if your keeping)

SMIFFYLFC79

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I just wanted to add, anyone looking to increase their fielding stats without going insane, set yourself as WK in T20 matches. You get alot of action and it rarely goes to the 20th over. Its too time consuming and fruitless to do it any other way in any other format, and you get lots of reflex catch minigames which are pretty satisfying when caught.

(You need to be captain to set yourself as keeper, also dont forget to appeal because the bowler won't if your keeping)

Previously I said I was unable to set myself as a WK but I tried it in a 4 day match, but yesterday I played a Royal London Match (50 Over) and was able to set myself as WK. I was also waiting for a T20 Match to come around to try it, but you confirmed it for me, so thanks. :)

bptuner

School Cricketer
It wont let you swap yourself for keeper if your an opening bowler, plus the screen to do it is really convoluted, its the same way you edit your line up on the "Advance" section (You must be Captain). WK has to be assigned before match begins as well. Its fine for batsmen but it stops you being able to bowl. So that compounded with all fielding being rather dull, T20 provides the most efficient route for levelling fielding up, particularly bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread