1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign up to play PlanetCricket’s July Bingo quiz with lots of prizes on offer. What are you waiting for Sign up here
    Dismiss Notice

Fielding Stats

Discussion in 'Cricket 19' started by SMIFFYLFC79, Jul 13, 2019 at 12:56 PM.

1. SMIFFYLFC79 School Cricketer

SMIFFYLFC79
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Kent CC
    Anybody figured out how to increase fielding stats yet? I fielded for 25 overs of a One Dayer and received nothing, also have a fielding perk which gives a small bonus (apparently)

Any help or advice greatfully received.

2. bptuner School Cricketer

I have experienced this as well, have you actually taken any catches or run anyone out and still received no XP? I think the fielding tree is heavily geared towards the "Wicket-keeper" role, so unless you get a random catch or run out, you get nothing regardless of your fielding performance. Seems only wickets count as "good fielding". :(

3. SMIFFYLFC79 School Cricketer

SMIFFYLFC79
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Kent CC
    Not whilst fielding NO, I have not taken any catches or run any player out, but I simulated an innings and it said I took a catch on the scorecard, but never received any points for it, I'm currently playing a game, where I have taken wickets and I have also fielded every over so far, its a 4 day game, just at the beginning of day 2, so I will have to let you know the outcome. :)

bptuner said thanks for this.
  4. master110 Club Captain

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    None
    Yeah it must be. I only field a.few balls. I don't have all day to watch every ball which is no where.near me.

SMIFFYLFC79 and bptuner thanked this.
  5. bptuner School Cricketer

I had a similar experience in where I had only a single wicket for the game, accidentally simulated one ball instead siming to end the session and I apparently I got a wicket on that simulated ball. However, at the post-game experience reward I was only given a wicket bonus for 1 even though I had taken a second simulated one.

It would appear all matches provide a fairly linear rate of experience towards your overall level even if you simulate, however you only receive specific "ability experience" for performing the 3 key actions listed in each area of batting, bowling and fielding yourself. Fielding as anyone besides keeper or maybe slip is a waste of time and deeply frustrating after you try to field all the innings for a test practice only to receive 0 exp towards fielding.

It can be just as frustrating trying to get your batting skill up as a bowler, as doing anything worthwhile with the bat in your hands consumes mass stamina which bleeds over into your bowling (atleast in 50 over format).Edit

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    SMIFFYLFC79 said thanks for this.
  6. SMIFFYLFC79 School Cricketer

SMIFFYLFC79
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Kent CC
    So, I fielded for a Total of 127.2 Overs, Took 0 catches, 0 Run-Outs, and got a grand total of 0 Fielding AP. Guess it really is Wicket Keeper based, shame as on DB17 and Ashes games u could level up your fielding. Going to put myself as WK in my next One Day Match and see what comes of that.

Keep u posted. :)

*Edit* Cannot Set myself as WK, Going to start a new career as WK/Batsman.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 2:19 PM
    master110 and Dutch thanked this.
  7. SMIFFYLFC79 School Cricketer

SMIFFYLFC79
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Kent CC
    So, out of curiosity I began a Career as a WK, 1st club game was a 3 day game, batted my part, simulated fielding, Catches 7, RunOuts 1. Fielding AP = Catches 0, RunOuts 0, Stumpings 0, Bonus 300.

Game 2 - One Day 50 Over Match, again Batted my Part, Fielded for 5 Overs, Took 1 Catch manually, simulated the other 45 Overs and took 3 catches during simulated overs. Fielding AP = Catches 50, RunOuts 0, Stumpings 0, Bonus 100.

So manually taking a catch earnt me 50 in game 2, with 100 bonus, but 7 catches and a RunOut, (simulated) got me a 300 bonus. Anyhow it seems u need to be lucky enough to take a catch or 2 whilst manually fielding to earn anything what so ever. :)

8. master110 Club Captain

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    None

Lmao i think you can if you select the whole team.

The the real rules there is not rule against being a wicket keeper and bowling a few overs as long as you have a second wicket keeper.

Shame i can't do this.

Unleas you are a wicket keeper you can spend hours in field doing nothing.

Im pretty sure don bradman 14 has a skip to player in field.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 9:00 PM
  9. passwordistaco Associate Captain

passwordistaco
    No one is going to manually field to get the points. Looks like our rating will be quite low then haha

10. master110 Club Captain

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    None
    I have it on semi so that is why nothing counts.