Cricket 19 General Discussion

D

Deleted member 193590

Seemed ok yesterday but coming back tonight the AI ultra short bouncer wides is becoming unbearable.

Makes me wonder if this is ever going to get patched?
AI bowler choices has been fkd for ages,had to stop playing t20's and ODI's because they kept bowling out the best bowlers way before the end.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Makes me wonder if this is ever going to get patched?
AI bowler choices has been fkd for ages,had to stop playing t20's and ODI's because they kept bowling out the best bowlers way before the end.

Wouldn’t bet on it.

What’s annoying is these are absolutely piss easy things to fix

Staresblank

Club Captain
I've noticed an improvement in the way the AI bats in ODIs - definitely hitting the gaps better than it was.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
150 partnership - batsmen’s score, 49 and 45.[DOUBLEPOST=1565213818][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you given up playing on hard pitches? I did and it seems to have limited it a fair bit

Medium pitch mate. Pitch and Ball bounce both lowered. 10byes and 43 wides so far.

Absolute shambles.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Joke of it is I lost my top order cheap and fell to 46/4 in the first session.

It’s now near the end of the day and I haven’t lost another wicket. Really toughed it out with watchful batting.

Should be feeling positive but instead it’s absolutely butchered by this piece of crap that was in the last game and got patched out, but has been reintroduced and left to fester in this game and now get worse than ever after an “improvement” patch.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm still enjoying the game, however it does seem that all of the possible life has been squeezed out of this current game engine. I'm hoping for a new engine in the next release.

Obviously that could take an extended time, and bring it's own challenges with it. But we might not be suffering the same issues once again.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
“Lads, I think we’ve over-egged the slower outfields and it’s making for very low scores”

“Have we thought about randomly peppering in absurd amounts of wides and byes to push the score up a bit?”

“Great thinking, I’m sure people will find it just as rewarding to be awarded free runs as actually getting full value for timed shots.”

“Boss I’m a bit stuck, what kind of role do you think a ‘bowling all rounder’ should have?”

“Dunno - best cap him at 10 overs a day”.

“But that leaves this team with a 3 man bowling attack...”

“Ok, make stamina irrelevant and patch out injuries.”

“Top stuff guys, who’s for a beer?”

fezza

Club Captain
A friend of mine who is a software engineer is convinced that BA don't really understand the interrelated mechanics of the game. He has seen it before in projects that he has worked on. That's why patches fix one thing then screw up another.

It also raises the question of if anyone actually bothers to play test these patches before release. This is a great game but it still lacks polish five years after the first release.

Users who are viewing this thread