Cricket 19 General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone else finding that aggressive grounded shots are still going in the air? Haven’t played much since patch 1.11 on Ps4 but 3 out of 3 attempts to play that shot ended up being caught. Frustrating because I don’t know what they fixed that was reported since day 1.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Must be my build.. I do in my current Ashes series.
I am playing on ps4. The field settings are not saving when I quit playing and resume after sometime, again old field settings are in place. Then slide/dive not working at all with L2.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Just wondering if anyone has some good custom sliders for long format cricket?

In particular, making the AI edge the ball less and get out with some catches in the infield and outfield. You just literally never see them...

tosser182

Club Captain
Anyone else finding that aggressive grounded shots are still going in the air? Haven’t played much since patch 1.11 on Ps4 but 3 out of 3 attempts to play that shot ended up being caught. Frustrating because I don’t know what they fixed that was reported since day 1.

Yeah. They're a good feature of the game but there's not much point if well timed ones regularly go up in the air and get caught.

Sahil70

Club Captain
I am playing on ps4. The field settings are not saving when I quit playing and resume after sometime, again old field settings are in place. Then slide/dive not working at all with L2.

It is most annoying with the field settings .Even while playing it happens at times when making adjustments and sometimes not even doing any adjustments but just going into the field changing section and then going out of it , it changes it to some odd field setting.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Theres more bollocks in this thread than
a Chippendales Ladies Night.....

Are you on paid BA staff?

Literally, any criticism, even if it's thought out well, and you come down with something sarcastic or clever.

When you're playing, what, fourth iteration, years down the line, and there isn't pitch wear (I think Cricket 97 had pitch wear, certainly BLIC2005 did), it is reasonable to ask if the developers know the game.

We have a decent cricket game, we feel we should have a better cricket game.

Are you Ross in disguise?

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Reading this thread since a few days, and I see only two extremes here. One fully bashes the game, and the other, either is in full praise of the game or appears to be against criticism.

I have seen the same people say they won't buy the game even last time, yet they buy the game and crib. Do yourselves a favour and don't buy the game if it's that bad. However, if you have reasonable criticism, all of you should just email them your concerns or voice out to beta testers, in a polite manner.

Honestly, I have seen some constructive criticism, even I have pointed out flaws and someone has generally addressed that concern here. For those saying old games were better, you can buy those games and start your PC and play those till you get a new game as per your satisfaction!

One thing that annoyed me was bowling speeds, and they did really fix that. Now, my variations as a fast bowler are useful in game.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Well sorry to come over all Geoffrey Boycott but either the developers are ignorant of the importance of pitch and ball wear in four and five day cricket or they know about it but didn't model it properly.

Either way that's pretty rubbish for a game that pretends to model the Ashes where pitch and ball wear are crucial to any team's planning.

I have noticed that some people on here won't hear any criticism of BA, however reasoned and informed that may be. That doesn't make the criticism any less valid as these issues are obvious to any player. I knew spinners struggled on grassy wickets with a new ball when I was about 6 years old. In this game Joe Root is turning it square in the second over...
I started ignoring him, as I couldn't stand his idiotic commentary, neither could I stand his playing style. Same with your posts here, honestly lost patience.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Reading this thread since a few days, and I see only two extremes here. One fully bashes the game, and the other, either is in full praise of the game or appears to be against criticism.

I have seen the same people say they won't buy the game even last time, yet they buy the game and crib. Do yourselves a favour and don't buy the game if it's that bad. However, if you have reasonable criticism, all of you should just email them your concerns or voice out to beta testers, in a polite manner.

Honestly, I have seen some constructive criticism, even I have pointed out flaws and someone has generally addressed that concern here. For those saying old games were better, you can buy those games and start your PC and play those till you get a new game as per your satisfaction!

One thing that annoyed me was bowling speeds, and they did really fix that. Now, my variations as a fast bowler are useful in game.

I'm in the middle. It feels like a faithful representation, some gorgeous bits, and a lot of detail. Then there are some things where you wonder if anyone down there has seen a game of cricket at all, that deteriorate as patches come down the line.

And no, I don't want to play RPIC2005, as the whole package isn't better. But are we not allowed to compare? It was a standup game for its time, a fantastic production.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I'm in the middle. It feels like a faithful representation, some gorgeous bits, and a lot of detail. Then there are some things where you wonder if anyone down there has seen a game of cricket at all, that deteriorate as patches come down the line.

And no, I don't want to play RPIC2005, as the whole package isn't better. But are we not allowed to compare? It was a standup game for its time, a fantastic production.
My message wasn't directed at you, bud. But, I do agree that it has both good and bad features. All I want is others to remain hopeful, I did see @WealeyH say that his version does have some deterioration!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
My message wasn't directed at you, bud. But, I do agree that it has both good and bad features. All I want is others to remain hopeful, I did see @WealeyH say that his version does have some deterioration!

@WealeyH always has some cryptoversion. He truly is living in the year 3019.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
On Hard Legend But score on TEST , Very easy on hard

upload_2019-8-11_12-51-6.png

upload_2019-8-11_12-51-44.png

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread