1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is any there difference in good rating bowler and bad rating bowler
Also high confidence and low confidence bowler

Last edited:

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Is this in career mode? There seems to be a difference in modes. When I play out of career mode I pick up edges as well. It's demonstrably fewer edges in career mode for some reason.

either way, care to share some strategies?[DOUBLEPOST=1572836970][/DOUBLEPOST]
Again, I reiterate, is this Test cricket in career mode? If so, would love some tips.[DOUBLEPOST=1572837025][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you working on a Pakistani player?.... just a joke world, relax.

No sorry, realised after I posted. I've generally been playing in Custom Championships so can't really vouch for Career. Like I say though I just love getting edges and that moment inbetween taking the catch. Hope this starts to happen in your Career.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
CATCHING - PLEASE HELP!

Hi all

Apologies for the all caps but...

I've played the game for a while, generally playing a Custom Test and ODI championship. Now I've always instinctively pressed X (PS4) to take a catch but after fifteen or more matches I've noticed that it's not always an X that comes up. Is this new or has it always been like that? Sometimes it's circle, square or triangle. Now I'm always in a panic and try to press whatever comes up and X. I'm pretty sure that I've pressed X and caught it even when it showed something else in the catching circle. The thing is that yesterday I dropped a dolly that flashed X and I pressed X and don't understand why I dropped it.

Is there any rhyme or reason why different buttons come up or is it just random to keep you on your toes? Should I press X to catch or whichever button displays in the catching circle?

Many thanks for your help?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi all

I know this is probably for the bug thread but...

I've played a number of rounds of a Custom Test/ODI championship as England and had no problems. I've just started a six-team T20 league as Yorkshire and other counties. On four occasions in my second game when the ball went to the boundary the players just wouldn't move and the game was stuck. I'd say crashed but it didn't go to blue screen it just stays with the players stuck at the boundary. I had to exit then go back in. I'll see if it continues in my next game but I've never had this problem in my other competitions. Is there something about T20 that's causing it? Has anybody else experienced this?

I've raved about how playable the game is, avoided some of the crash traumas etc of previous games but now got this!

Thank you

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hi all

I know this is probably for the bug thread but...

I've played a number of rounds of a Custom Test/ODI championship as England and had no problems. I've just started a six-team T20 league as Yorkshire and other counties. On four occasions in my second game when the ball went to the boundary the players just wouldn't move and the game was stuck. I'd say crashed but it didn't go to blue screen it just stays with the players stuck at the boundary. I had to exit then go back in. I'll see if it continues in my next game but I've never had this problem in my other competitions. Is there something about T20 that's causing it? Has anybody else experienced this?

I've raved about how playable the game is, avoided some of the crash traumas etc of previous games but now got this!

Thank you
I'd put it in the bug report thread.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
CATCHING - PLEASE HELP!

Hi all

I've played the game for a while, generally playing a Custom Test and ODI championship. Now I've always instinctively pressed X (PS4) to take a catch but after fifteen or more matches I've noticed that it's not always an X that comes up. Is this new or has it always been like that? Sometimes it's circle, square or triangle. Now I'm always in a panic and try to press whatever comes up and X. I'm pretty sure that I've pressed X and caught it even when it showed something else in the catching circle. The thing is that yesterday I dropped a dolly that flashed X and I pressed X and don't understand why I dropped it.

Is there any rhyme or reason why different buttons come up or is it just random to keep you on your toes? Should I press X to catch or whichever button displays in the catching circle?

Different buttons come up depending on the difficulty level. I think, the harder the difficulty level the more variety of buttons. You have to press the button when the circle flashes green, I think when the circle turns green again depends on the difficulty of the game (and possibly the difficulty of the catch).

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Different buttons come up depending on the difficulty level. I think, the harder the difficulty level the more variety of buttons. You have to press the button when the circle flashes green, I think when the circle turns green again depends on the difficulty of the game (and possibly the difficulty of the catch).

Right thanks, that makes sense to some extent. I was playing on Medium for half my competitions then switched to Hard so I guess that’s part of it.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can anyone plz mention the user id of new t20 kit for Australia...

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
How do you know all this? Is it part of the manual/tutorials?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
CATCHING - PLEASE HELP!

Hi all

hmm... I think I might have overlooked the changing buttons.

Platform: XBOX
Game Version: Latest
Game Mode: Competition (Local Co-op)
Match Type: T20 & T20I
Teams used: Custom and IPL
Ground: N/A
Issue (one line description): The catching mini-game comes up, the camera goes into first person, I move the left stick to bring the pointer within the circle, the circle glows green, press the button(A on Xbox One) and the catch is still dropped. No idea why.
Bug description (detail):
The catching mini-game comes up, the camera goes into first person, I move the left stick to bring the pointer within the circle, the circle glows green, press the button(A on Xbox One) and the catch is still dropped. No idea why.
This hurts even more when the fielder is on the boundary and he lets it go for a 6.
Sometimes the fielder takes the catch and other times he doesn't. And times he doesn't, its not like a dropped catch where he gets hands to it but can't hold on, instead he can't even get his hands into the position.

Users who are viewing this thread