Cricket 19 General Discussion

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I'm also having this issue. Not many edges for career mode pacers. It's beginning to feel like these might be falling on deaf ears though, we'll see.

What the hell? The satisfaction of getting edges when bowling is the absolute highlight of this game for me!

I don’t know what the answer is but hope you get it sorted!

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What the hell? The satisfaction of getting edges when bowling is the absolute highlight of this game for me!

I am playing international test matches and getting proper and realistic edges to AI

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am playing international test matches and getting proper and realistic edges to AI
Is this in career mode? There seems to be a difference in modes. When I play out of career mode I pick up edges as well. It's demonstrably fewer edges in career mode for some reason.

either way, care to share some strategies?[DOUBLEPOST=1572836970][/DOUBLEPOST]

Again, I reiterate, is this Test cricket in career mode? If so, would love some tips.[DOUBLEPOST=1572837025][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there any way to make a player 0 or 1 rated? I can only get it to 5. @wasteyouryouth any ideas?
Are you working on a Pakistani player?.... just a joke world, relax.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Is this in career mode? There seems to be a difference in modes. When I play out of career mode I pick up edges as well. It's demonstrably fewer edges in career mode for some reason.

either way, care to share some strategies?[DOUBLEPOST=1572836970][/DOUBLEPOST]
Again, I reiterate, is this Test cricket in career mode? If so, would love some tips.[DOUBLEPOST=1572837025][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are you working on a Pakistani player?.... just a joke world, relax.
Funnily enough, Azam was in there

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Its not reduced rather AI leaves more and does it well now to make them play a rash shot for them to edge it.. But the other day got an AI edging to WK off a drive, was amazing to watch and it was so realistic.. And then got a tailender edging to 3rd slip..

So I feel its more rewarding than before where you kind of know AI is gonna edge here and there.. Now it takes an effort.. Would suggest you aim for other dismissals like bowled and LBW.. I got AI playing down wrong line for two balls continuously but umpire didnt give it out.. Love the Malinga action for my career player.. Just see the release and the angle , just great to see it in a game..

20191030215719_1.jpg
20191030215747_1.jpg
And another wicket opportunity was making AI mistime a pull, another rare thing but the stupid fielder dropped it.. If only BA had implemented adding a choke slam option for bowler to fielder would have done that..

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I still can't get any infield catches in a test match while bowling, after about 400 odd overs. Have they just patched it out of the game? Can someone show me the way to go here or reassure me they are in fact here? I get the feeling the ball is just scripted to avoid fielders or to land at them on the bounce. How else is it that we never ever get outfield catches in a test?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I still can't get any infield catches in a test match while bowling, after about 400 odd overs. Have they just patched it out of the game? Can someone show me the way to go here or reassure me they are in fact here? I get the feeling the ball is just scripted to avoid fielders or to land at them on the bounce. How else is it that we never ever get outfield catches in a test?

Never had one apart from a mistimes pull or a leading edge..

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Never had one apart from a mistimes pull or a leading edge..

It's another massive issue for me. Trying to enjoy it but you sort of wonder what the point in placing your infield is at times.

Sahil70

Club Captain

Infield catches do occur , but a very very low percentage in terms of type of dismissals. Had a couple in my current test .

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hi how can i make bowling swings and spin turns to be realistic , like to get more turns and swings ... ?? mention the accurate slider to be increased .. plz

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Hi, can anyone plz let me know if it is possible to play career mode with the custom team list we have created?

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I usually have catches to short mid-wicket, but only in limited overs cricket, especially T20 for my career.

Still can't seem to find the edge in career mode Test cricket. That was the really fun part of ashes. If someone has any tips that would be really great. My wickets total is pretty low compared to limited overs cricket in my career. It's a shame because Test match cricket is my favourite format. I'm open to any advice. Thank you all.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I usually have catches to short mid-wicket, but only in limited overs cricket, especially T20 for my career.

Still can't seem to find the edge in career mode Test cricket. That was the really fun part of ashes. If someone has any tips that would be really great. My wickets total is pretty low compared to limited overs cricket in my career. It's a shame because Test match cricket is my favourite format. I'm open to any advice. Thank you all.

I would just keep bowling to about 4th stump. Keep consistently there and changing one delivery an over or so. Maybe a slower ball or a swinger. That should help you.

Users who are viewing this thread