Cricket 19 General Discussion

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I would definitely say the patch makes the game really really good.. The edges are more genuine and varied, ball travels much better.. Defensive shots the ball travels like it does when its played with a well seasoned bat.. The amount of positives this patch gives would definitely be higher.. Things like throw issue would most likely be balanced in a way that the game doesnt make it impossible for fielders to pick it up and hit the stumps which is far more important than the fast throw.. So its something that we just need to get used to I guess..

But I can strongly say that this patch for me was the best one from BA.. Especially the wickets I got when bowling to AI was phenomenal, the first time I really enjoyed bowling.. That too with the sliders I play with , the wickets feel really worthy when you get it.. The tweaks are minimal but really effective which is hallmark of good patch IMO.. You cant go too extreme to make things right and with such a game its all about the small tweaks as the bases are covered well..

Also, IMO this game is the best in terms of batting animations which I have always been critical upon.. Though some animations could get better but it was really well responded by BA to make it a good strong bundle of animations, that too when you have different styles and different set of shots for each type it makes it even more complex to get that bundle right.. So , overall this game has come a really long way and its really a good game to play..

Another thing I would want to mention specifically is the pricing they had set at the launch which made people get the game at launch on PC, that decision was commendable and should be really appreciated..

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ha ha! Putting the lamp against your forehead for a few minutes and ask a colleague whether you have a temperature works wonders too!

No need, I simply said I was Jack Leach and they let me go immediately.

Very excited to hear about the patch updates though. To be honest I'm really interested to see the throwing updates. Although I really liked the new flat throwing in terms of game play, as it limited cheap runs, I did feel that there was a middle ground between the old throwing and the new. The new throwing did feel almost too accurate and flat, the regularity of direct hits especially felt off. In a lower level cricket match I reckon you could possible nick a couple to weaker fielders on the boundary.

D

Dutch

No need, I simply said I was Jack Leach and they let me go immediately.

Very excited to hear about the patch updates though. To be honest I'm really interested to see the throwing updates. Although I really liked the new flat throwing in terms of game play, as it limited cheap runs, I did feel that there was a middle ground between the old throwing and the new. The new throwing did feel almost too accurate and flat, the regularity of direct hits especially felt off. In a lower level cricket match I reckon you could possible nick a couple to weaker fielders on the boundary.
Yeah it would be good if fielding got a major overhaul in a next iteration so that you indeed see an increasing fielding ability from club to elite; unless playing for England of course!

cosimas

School Cricketer
Hello.

My 2 penneth worth on the patch:

Throws are slower, far more 2s in OD games.
AI fielding (when I am batting, annoyingly not when I am bowling) is better, more sliding stops.
There are 2 new options, AI selects field for human bowlers, AI selects(skips?) human bowlers. Neither seems to make any difference.
Batting (both me and for the team I am in) seems to be marginally harder.

Not fixed:

Can't stop the game progressing when captain and my team is bowling (i.e. to put myself back on again). This is still the most frustrating thing in the game.
Can't progress from level 50 to 51, meaning I cannot change any of my perks ever again.

Bigby Saint

School Cricketer
Best feature of this patch is dynamic confidence. It's really working in career mode. Previously your batting partner's confidence always remained red if you simulated the game but now its working properly. Hopefully it stays this way in upcoming patches.

Also this thing happened in the career mode after the patch. Hope its not a bug (PC version).
Cricket 19 Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 23.11.00.47.png

Bigby Saint

School Cricketer
I will add that I have been playing a lot of tour mode and not career mode but I can't imagine it being any different.
Career mode is different from any other mode in the game. If you play as your career player and not as a team, everything (bowling mainly) depends on your player stats.
What are the swing changes mentioned in the patch?
Played a career mode match and the way AI swinging the ball you will fall in love with it. Ball movement is top notch even on a flat grass-less,crack-less pitch.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Best feature of this patch is dynamic confidence. It's really working in career mode. Previously your batting partner's confidence always remained red if you simulated the game but now its working properly. Hopefully it stays this way in upcoming patches.

Also this thing happened in the career mode after the patch. Hope its not a bug (PC version).
View attachment 228409
That happens quite regularly before the patch

Reactions: DAP

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looping slow throw of fileders one problem it need to be solve
Also in test AI getting frequently run out in every match while in real it happens far less in longer format

Apart from this patch has many plus
AI bowling looking more challenging now
AI plays various shots

Sahil70

Club Captain

View attachment 228409

That's an almighty collapse

Reactions: DAP

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah it would be good if fielding got a major overhaul in a next iteration so that you indeed see an increasing fielding ability from club to elite; unless playing for England of course!
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't recall having read about a new iteration. Is this confirmed or did you mean, "should there be a new iteration, xxxxx should get a look in...."?

Users who are viewing this thread