Cricket 19 General Discussion

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Best part i noticed while playing and batting in D/N Pink ball Test ( Aus v NZ) is realistic swing early from on from AI with a new ball. It did swing long way for first 15 overs then slowly it stopped swinging ( only mild swing). I played on LEGEND mode, Hardest batting and i tried to avoid 7th stump ball and it zipped around in quickly and took my off stump. That was absolutely realistic.

I also noticed fast and medium pacer's speed is not adjusted.

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
after latest update cricket 19 stuck on loading screen steam version
any solution ?
Verify Integrity of game files on Steam...It should fix any issues that may be there....

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Few observations after the patch:-

1. The AI outfield throws have definitely slowed down and much less flat compared to the previous patch and as a result the quick 2s and 3s are back without much risk..

2. Also the Batting feels a bit harder even with the sliders being same as those before the patch...The timing felt totally different. May have to re tweak the sliders to find the pre patch satisfaction...

3. The field radar flipping in Broadcast Running cam 3 being fixed is hugely welcoming

4. The outfield speed too felt slower as it use to be like a couple of patches back... Don't know if it was due to harder timing as stated in 2 above or an actual change or may be due to the selected custom stadium...May have to play few more matches...Did anyone experience this ??

5. The satisfying thud sound of the ball hitting the adboards has not yet been fixed which mysteriously went off since couple of days after the game was launched....Have reported and mentioned it before in bug report thread and elsewhere too...Hope they add it in the next patch

6. The Ball swing is amazing and much closer to realistic ...Especially the late swing is so satisfying to watch...It makes the slips cordon much more useful...Even while batting (may be due to higher "AI bowl quality slider" value that I tried) got beat several times to those swinging deliveries just outside off stump...and also got out to 3 edges, 1 a faint but visible one to the wk and 2 into the 1st and 3rd slip...It was a treat to watch despite batting...

7. The defensive shots now have much more force to them as the ball just doesn't drop dead near the batsman but travels much more depending on the bowl speed...even in case of spinners, on few occasions, the ball trickled down close to the non striker after defending

8. Glad to see the Straight drives can now be played without the fear of getting c & b "always" which was the case pre patch...It feels so satisfying

8. Have not yet come across the extreme Wk teleporting but need to play more matches to see if any improvement...

Over all a great patch by @BigAntStudios

hope they continue to listen to the feedback on this forum as they do (even though silently) and keep bringing in more patches to further refine the game

Sincerely hope there are few more patches in the pipeline to come...

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Pretty good patch agree with most of the stuff been said. Have noticed some edges have not been carrying anyone noticed that

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This patch is good, but still below things needs to be improved.

Resolved:

1. WK is better.
2. Swings are good , better experience in the gameplay.
3. Realastic edges.
4. Fixing field radar issue.

To be Resolved:

1. Still there are instances where the WK is super human.
2. Throws earlier to this patch was much effective. Now , its easy to get 2 even it goes into hands of deep fielders.
3. AI choose human fields popup always comes out while I bowl, this is bit annoying to show this up while bowling, instead it should have been while batting.
4. There is no change in AI selecting the fields irrespective of what option you choose (with or without AI choose human fields).
5. No choosing proper fields in death over of limited overs cricket. Still MID-ON & MID-OFF are up after 40+ overs in (ODI's) & 15+ overs in (T20's).
@MattW 5. It would be nice if you can allow us to edit the existing fields, even though custom fields are created. When I am batting in career mode ,AI hardly chooses anything from them, or else please implement this way that if the 'AI choose human fields' checkbox is true then dont choose any fields from the defaulted ones, always choose it from custom if they exists.

Overall:

Sorry, 5/10 for this patch, i dint see any major improvements apart from fixing few issues. Still annoying bugs remain,need to definitly have one more patch :(

Please note that I am commenting after playing close to 3-4 hrs yesterday with the new patch.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

This patch is good, but still below things needs to be improved.

Resolved:

1. WK is better.
2. Swings are good , better experience in the gameplay.
3. Realastic edges.
4. Fixing field radar issue.

To be Resolved:

1. Still there are instances where the WK is super human.
2. Throws earlier to this patch was much effective. Now , its easy to get 2 even it goes into hands of deep fielders.
3. AI choose human fields popup always comes out while I bowl, this is bit annoying to show this up while bowling, instead it should have been while batting.
4. There is no change in AI selecting the fields irrespective of what option you choose (with or without AI choose human fields).
5. No choosing proper fields in death over of limited overs cricket. Still MID-ON & MID-OFF are up after 40+ overs in (ODI's) & 15+ overs in (T20's).
@MattW 5. It would be nice if you can allow us to edit the existing fields, even though custom fields are created. When I am batting in career mode ,AI hardly chooses anything from them, or else please implement this way that if the 'AI choose human fields' checkbox is true then dont choose any fields from the defaulted ones, always choose it from custom if they exists.

Overall:

Sorry, 5/10 for this patch, i dint see any major improvements apart from fixing few issues. Still annoying bugs remain,need to definitly have one more patch :(

Please note that I am commenting after playing close to 3-4 hrs yesterday with the new patch.
How after you list the things resolved you come up with 5 out of 10 is an interesting one. It just goes to show that we all have something that is or is not a potential gamebreaker. Not having a go just wondering.

Reactions: DAP

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I just played three innings from 40+ overs and every field had five men out and there was a combination of fields; some with Mid ON & MID OFF up, some with them back, some with one up and one back.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
How after you list the things resolved you come up with 5 out of 10 is an interesting one. It just goes to show that we all have something that is or is not a potential gamebreaker. Not having a go just wondering.

Actually, my rating was about this patch only . Overall for Game I give definatly 8/10. After waiting for almost 2.5 months for new patch, i felt that the imporvments mentioned in patch notes are not actually visible in the game apart from listed above.

Another logic to come up with 5/10 is , if you see my combined (Resovled & To be resolved) points above its 10 points.Out of which 4 are only positive ones.

It just my view, for me I am much concerned on the quality of field placements according to format and the situation(Powerplay,Middle overs,Defensive etc) of gameplay , if this is not set correct then I will believe the fun is lost and thats the game breaker for me.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I just played three innings from 40+ overs and every field had five men out and there was a combination of fields; some with Mid ON & MID OFF up, some with them back, some with one up and one back.

For me yesterday i would have played 5 ODIs , 5+ T20s. During death overs most of the games had Mid on , midoff up and there are 3 deep fielders outside in the leg side. But if you compare to a real scenario, we always expect atleast one fielder will be deep on Mid on or Mid off.
Also i felt same field was put in place almost 80% of times. If that how it works, then there is no point of having 10+ Defensive fields , 10+ balance fields etc.
Please let me know if I am wrong here !

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Maybe need to have phrased the setting better, but as with "AI chooses human bowlers" the point of that setting is so that the AI will choose fields for you while you bowl if you have it turned on.

Allowing the AI to use a field you have created is a per field setting in the field editor, unrelated to what the 'AI chooses human fields' setting is set to. I would expect everyone here would want that setting off, as it's designed to make it easier for new players to just bowl without having to think about fields.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I feel too that the throwing was a lot better in the patch have played a fair whack of the new patch and yeh batsman are running easy 3 and I am getting green timing I loved the pre patch throw was fun to try and get run outs

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
For me yesterday i would have played 5 ODIs , 5+ T20s. During death overs most of the games had Mid on , midoff up and there are 3 deep fielders outside in the leg side. But if you compare to a real scenario, we always expect atleast one fielder will be deep on Mid on or Mid off.
Also i felt same field was put in place almost 80% of times. If that how it works, then there is no point of having 10+ Defensive fields , 10+ balance fields etc.
Please let me know if I am wrong here !
Perhaps the AI is trying to do something you don't expect.

In this game, more so than previous versions, the AI is more likely to bowl to the field that is set. It's far from perfect but there is a lot more going on than just having fields because 'we always expect' it to be a certain way. There's only so much I can say or @MattW will break my legs.

But, one example: I just had two back to back overs from Mark Wood and Jofra Archer where the field was three on the legside, a third man,deep cover point and Deep Mid On and Deep Mid Off. Perfect opportunity to hit over the top to long on and long off. But they were bowling short balls making hitting down the ground impossible or extremely risky. So, I'm left with the option to hit into a gap for a single or risk a big shot to beat a fielder on the legside

As I've said in the past; AI bowling and field setting is one area that has had ongoing improvments or changes since day one. What is put in the patch notes doesn't always reflect that. One example from this patch: AI bowlers are now more likely to use the crease to get different angles, bowling from wider or closer to the stumps instead of always from the same position.

Users who are viewing this thread