Cricket 19 General Discussion

Rhone

International Cricketer
I haven't played in a few months due to RL commitments, but it's encouraging they are still patching this game. I might start a new career this weekend and check out what's changed.

Can anyone provide feedback on what this change feels like in-game?

'Tuned shot power and ranges, particularly for defensive shots'

Do defensive shot's have more power to them now, making pinching a single of a defensive prod a viable option?!

D

Dutch

In my experience it has also increased the chance of bat pads and nicks to slips against spinners.
Yeah and with the sense of speed the ball has it really is a challenge getting in![DOUBLEPOST=1575370923][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello mate! Thanks!

How are you finding WK tweaks? Do they pinch 1st slip catches less, especially of spinners?
There are still wk issues but the slips come much more into play; getting catches all across the cordon now[DOUBLEPOST=1575371030][/DOUBLEPOST]In regard to throwing speed: give the patch a chance to settle: hopefully the tweaks and fixes negate much of the throwing issues there might still be.

Sahil70

Club Captain
In my experience it has also increased the chance of bat pads and nicks to slips against spinners.

Quite right about edges to slips. While bowling i did get a few go in slips direction but old habits prevented me from placing any fielders there LOL , as in the past edges hardly if ever went to slips from spinners so i never even bothered to have slips .

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Will have to test the throwing myself, not saying much on it till I see it myself. Only reason I can think of is that too many run outs were taking place.

Although, what's the most significant change after this patch, other than umpire call being fixed.

Sahil70

Club Captain
Throwing at first I felt a bit slower, esp coming from the deep but somehow still managed 3 runouts so still a bit on the fence regarding that.

Sometimes it feels ok, sometimes a little sluggish.

Sahil70

Club Captain
The throwing speed will be less of an issue than it was before. The other tweaks and fixes help to bolster up the game across the board. Give it time peeps. It will be a little jarring because you are used to something else. Different isn't always negative!
For once i agree with you :lol

It hasn't taken runout away so thats a good thing

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It was the lack of wicket diversity as a fast bowler in career mode that was killing it for me! Either bowled of WK caught!

Are the edges to the whole cordon also working for the quicks as well, not just the spinners?

(would love a nip back LBW as well!)

Reactions: DAP
D

Dutch

It was the lack of wicket diversity as a fast bowler in career mode that was killing it for me! Either bowled of WK caught!

Are the edges to the whole cordon also working for the quicks as well, not just the spinners?

(would love a nip back LBW as well!)
Yes! Getting some gems both batting and bowling and edges going through the cordon as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1575374251][/DOUBLEPOST]I will add that I have been playing a lot of tour mode and not career mode but I can't imagine it being any different.

Users who are viewing this thread