Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So I’ve hardly been able to play in months. Probably played <10 minutes of the prior patch. Before it came out I hadn’t played at all in months - just too busy sadly.

but just bowled 30 overs tonight on the latest patch. Impressed. AI running aggression is great - quickly found myself bringing the infield up and considering my field placements. Saw the AI running “drop and run” singles, quick leg byes, even a bye to the keeper!

In the 30 overs I got an AI run out and a 1st slip catch. 2 dismissals I don’t think I’d got before.

Promising stuff, hoping to get a chance to play some more soon.

Guyincognito1

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Kind of ridiculous how after I bowl (in career mode) my bowler is un-responsive for a few seconds (since launch really this has been around, I'm guessing for balance). I've had block shots literally roll by me as they take a single.

Another note, is when selecting, players' ages are not updating, I'm in 2023 and all the player ages are from 2019 still.

My final note, this issue has been around since DB17 so its definitely an engine issue, is that pitch state doesn't save. I had a pitch with heavy cracks on day 4, saved came back and the pitch was pristine until the end of the game.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One thing that has definitely been changed is sweep shots. It's become much easier to play spinners for a sweep shot. I have now become obsessed with having proper stadiums for each major cricketing nation. So, I am in South Africa as India (My Career Player), and was made captain for this tour. Pushed myself to middle order, and made a good 84. However, during the 1st test my confidence got stuck in red, even though I was playing quite well! It got fixed in the 2nd test.

I recommend every player playing career, to do a Google search on famous grounds of cricket playing Nations, and download them for career. In fact, career mode updates the match location if we assign a stadium to a particular team, as long as it is before the match date.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i have also noticed that in T20Is , batting first Team scores are 180/0,191/2,171/0 etc
similarly the chasing team is doing in style , 181/1,192/3,172/0.
The point is No 4 batsman is hardly getting an opportunity to play , this started happening after the new patch. Anybody noticed?

Khamer

School Cricketer
One thing that is not good in fielding still is when bowling , the bowler when trying to attempt a runout does this weird run in one direction and throw behind at the base of stumps, sometimes not even hitting the stumps , rather than just whipping the bails off. Have missed a few potentially high chance of runouts because of this

i face the same issue

Users who are viewing this thread