Cricket 19 General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
All philosophically oriented, abstract observations about a few posts aside, it doesn't make any sense that a game should lose features that were already part of it with a new patch. That is beyond logic and frankly something that just doesn't seem to make any sense. Perhaps it's some technical thing that is too complicated for people outside that field. But if you have something already in the game (i.e. lineup selections in career, flatter, faster thros), why in the world would they then not be part of a subsequent patch.
I would suggest enjoying the game for what it is, flaws and all, and not look for any deep philosophical meaning.

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.

Sahil70

Club Captain
Just wondering , is it not possible to vary throwing strengths different to each player by the skills levels they get assigned, or is that already the case?

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Don't want to be rude, but I don't think you are into coding. Sometimes, one thing or the other can get a problem.
For the throws, everyone throwing flat throws is not something that even real cricket has. I do wish they had a mix of both after this patch.

Also lineups can still be edited just before you start the game. Like in the final menu there's edit lineups. But, yes it has to be changed everyone unlike the one that came up in the career home page.

Also, before you call other posts as 'philosophical observations', maybe you're the one that's only noticing the negative side. I am pretty sure you'll always find the mistakes in any patch they make. It's okay. Maybe that's how you observe things.
Not rude at all. In fact, that is the very point about coding I was making in looking for some justification for regression with new patches. I just think this should be above a professional game developing company. And I know about the lineups change there as well. It's just that you have to do it every time, whereas the original lineup change sticks for a few series. Just a bit of annoyance. You also can't see the individual ratings for bat, bowl and fielding there.

Reactions: DAP

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I would suggest enjoying the game for what it is, flaws and all, and not look for any deep philosophical meaning.

Appreciate the take. But I was actually not the one making the philosophical point if you read carefully. Was merely voicing a critique about losing something that was working with every new patch. Just a bit of frustration venting that's all. Particularly because it didn't bring any major change like new shot animations etc.

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Honestly, it's true. Like I just recently enjoyed playing a test series in career mode touring South Africa as India's Captain. Had a good time batting, and that too because now I have settings set just right.

@DAP would be great if you could share screenshots of your slider settings which give you that pleasing experience...Would try them for some variety/change/challenge
Thanx...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Appreciate the take. But I was actually not the one making the philosophical point if you read carefully. Was merely voicing a critique about losing something that was working with every new patch. Just a bit of frustration venting that's all. Particularly because it didn't bring any major change like new shot animations etc.
Maybe Steve Smith and Glenn Maxwell were too busy to come in and get motion captured.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
@DAP would be great if you could share screenshots of your slider settings which give you that pleasing experience...Would try them for some variety/change/challenge
Thanx...
I leave the sliders as they are. I just play Legend (Hard, Hard, Hard). The default sliders work well for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1575611014][/DOUBLEPOST]
Their recent changes to injury in-game are a reflection of that. Truly!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Not rude at all. In fact, that is the very point about coding I was making in looking for some justification for regression with new patches. I just think this should be above a professional game developing company. And I know about the lineups change there as well. It's just that you have to do it every time, whereas the original lineup change sticks for a few series. Just a bit of annoyance. You also can't see the individual ratings for bat, bowl and fielding there.
First, they make sports games. What's your bar for judging a sports game? If it's EA's FIFA, then neither are BA as old as them (by a huge margin) nor is their audience big enough (yet) to have a huge budget.

Plus, I think the game is at the best it has been, in fact that change in throwing hasn't reduced the number of run outs. It's about the same. The lineup change is unexpected, though very minor. About the ratings, can be annoying but you're taking it a bit too seriously.

Positive changes I have loved from this patch, are way above minor negative changes. Injuries, Batting is better (I can actually play sweep shots) and Bowling is fun as usual.

Honestly, if they weren't a professional game developing company, they would not even have patches to make the game better. Truly.

Don't Overthink. As @wasteyouryouth says, enjoy the game.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
First, they make sports games. What's your bar for judging a sports game? If it's EA's FIFA, then neither are BA as old as them (by a huge margin) nor is their audience big enough (yet) to have a huge budget.
Even with all that, EA still managed to released FIFA this year with some major game ruining issues. I didn't buy it, but from what I understand, the only bits that worked really well were the monetised parts of the game with career mode being trash. WWE is another one, it was released in a hilariously broken state this year.

Games being released to meet a date rather than when it's ready is a problem across gaming in general. It's seems to be more of a problem when licenses are involved and you have to hit a window.

My one hope for the next cricket game, if we get one, is that BA look at what they've got and work to improve before they start adding new content. If improvements can only be done by adding new things then let that inform the decision rather than adding something because some people asked for it.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Even with all that, EA still managed to released FIFA this year with some major game ruining issues. I didn't buy it, but from what I understand, the only bits that worked really well were the monetised parts of the game with career mode being trash. WWE is another one, it was released in a hilariously broken state this year.

Games being released to meet a date rather than when it's ready is a problem across gaming in general. It's seems to be more of a problem when licenses are involved and you have to hit a window.

My one hope for the next cricket game, if we get one, is that BA look at what they've got and work to improve before they start adding new content. If improvements can only be done by adding new things then let that inform the decision rather than adding something because some people asked for it.

Also look at Codemasters and F1. 2019 has added things like drivers transfers and it was very unrealistic with Hamilton moving to Ferrari within 5 races of the season. That game series has been running for 10 years and still the same flaws appear year on year. Again another series blighted by the deadline and unable to get a solid game.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
All philosophically oriented, abstract observations about a few posts aside, it doesn't make any sense that a game should lose features that were already part of it with a new patch. That is beyond logic and frankly something that just doesn't seem to make any sense. Perhaps it's some technical thing that is too complicated for people outside that field. But if you have something already in the game (i.e. lineup selections in career, flatter, faster thros), why in the world would they then not be part of a subsequent patch.
It was done to balance things out.. The fielders were doing things they werent supposed to do.. So in order to make things possible like takes and hitting stumps at a possible speed of return it was a decision taken for that and I respect it.. You dont want the flat throw and the bowler unable to grab it or leave it on return which would make it worse..

I will be honest I wasnt happy when the build we got at that time was with such throws as I really liked the fast throws but the issues surrounding it made it look weird.. So its something I am ok with now as its complete which is far better than being abrupt..

Also, we all wanted AI to run more then why fuss about it now.. In online people are gonna press run and sprint button with all their bodily strength regardless of how the throws are gonna be so, its all good in the end..

D

Dutch

Game companies have the tendency to base new iterations on shiny bits and “new innovations”, whilst just deepening what there is doesn’t always look good on the box.

as has already been said hopefully ba take a rest from cricket, do other stuff and come back and give depth to what there is: if fielding can get a major major overhaul then that would be more than enough for me even if they left everything else exactly as it is.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

I have a bad habit of buying games in the past, due it being from a popular company. Almost gave in and bought FIFA 20, when it was on discount. Controlled myself, unlike the past where I bought 17-19 on different platforms, and didn't even play enough to justify the purchase. If I want to play FIFA, I play 19 on the Switch. Heard about the WWE Bugs from a friend who buys the new edition annually.

I agree, BA has reached a state where improving existing issues, just like the stats got improved from previous iterations, has to be their focus. It'll definitely help their reputation. Also what @Dutch said about fielding, that should be one of their focuses.

My one hope for the future is, if enough people in the Indian Subcontinent start buying the game. I am talking about masses. Maybe we get licensed players from the BCCI. That'll only happen in future though, since BCCI only invests if there's big profit. It's a wish of mine. I love the game. Creations already make up for the lack of licenses!

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
As the dust settles on this patch,Is there likely to be future updates for Cricket 19? Are we seeing the builds on steam still getting an update?

Users who are viewing this thread