Cricket 19 General Discussion

D

Dutch

on semi-auto fielding, i'd like a toggle fielder option. sometimes the "active" fielder (i.e. the one with the cursor and moving toward the ball) is not the ideal one and I'd like to be able to change that
Yeah fielding has masses of scope to make it immersive and interactive without detracting too much from the game: I would love the option of setting my field real-time! Setting a position and seeing them run over there!

The control system offers masses of scope for fielding interaction: smart pick ups, aiming at the stumps, diving at the right moment etcetra

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah fielding has masses of scope to make it immersive and interactive without detracting too much from the game: I would love the option of setting my field real-time! Setting a position and seeing them run over there!

The control system offers masses of scope for fielding interaction: smart pick ups, aiming at the stumps, diving at the right moment etcetra
I'd like to be in control of everything apart from fielder movement - running to the ball - allow me to select the option for how they attempt to collect the ball (dive, slide, running pick up, long barrier). Then when ball is in hand allow me to choose the throw - direct at the stumps, flat but safe, one bounce to the stumps, underarm, overarm etc..

Even something like on PES/FIFA. You have the ball with one player but you can also prompt a player to move into an advanced position and be available for a pass. Let us do something similar by prompting a second or third fielder to move into position to collect a tap back.

This game more than any other, probably cause I've been on the beta, has made me realise that fielding needs to be elevated to a similar level of depth as batting and bowling.

Last edited:

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
also so saw the other day the god of community will return soon obviously before his up and going and feeling better

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
About Licensing of Indian Players, I think there cannot be a better time than now, with Ganguly as President. If BA can arrange a meeting and pitch properly, I feel Ganguly would be up for it. He's one person who's not about money, he feels for the game and would do anything to further the reach of our beautiful game. Imagine having a Licensed Cricket Game like FIFA. Woo..:)
That's actually not a bad idea. Plus, Ross has visited India, I think he met a PlanetCricket Member too. Also, CA Officials are meeting Sourav 'Dada' Ganguly next month for future tours during the ODI Series in India in Jan 2020. I wish BA could arrange a meeting ideally.

D

Dutch

I'd like to be in control of everything apart from fielder movement - running to the ball - allow me to select the option for how they attempt to collect the ball (dive, slide, running pick up, long barrier). Then when ball is in hand allow me to choose the throw - direct at the stumps, flat but safe, one bounce to the stumps, underarm, overarm etc..

Even something like on PES/FIFA. You have the ball with one player but you can also prompt a player to move into an advanced position and be available for a pass. Let us do something similar by prompting a second or third fielder to move into position to collect a tap back.

This game more than any other, probably cause I've been on the beta, has made me realise that fielding needs to be elevated to a similar level of depth as batting and bowling.
Imagine just spending glorious hours out in the field because its fun, immersive, just as satisfying as bowling or batting!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
On his twitter account. I dont know how to attach the tweet here otherwise I would have
On Twitter, just copy the tweet and past the link here. It'll automatically show the tweet here.

That's great news.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I agree with a lot you say. Unfortunately I think we have to accept the fact that BA are a studio that has to work on multiple projects to survive. This means people are pulled from one project to work on another as that comes up. If they were able to dedicate everything to cricket continuously we would see an across the board evolution.

I am quite positive as to how things may go. I am looking forward to seeing their new tennisgame in action and hopefully some of those developments will flow over into a next cricket title.

I have come to accept that it will probably be a little longer before we see a next title.

Personally there is enough going on with this game to keep me engaged for a while.

I am with you though that when DBC 14 came out I would have hoped for a much steeper evolution curve than we have.

The engine change with DBC 17 will have been a cause of that in some part at least.

Bring fielding up to par with batting and bowling and it has great potential
What I love about the company is to carry over good parts from other titles to the other game, for example playface came improved in Cricket 19 due to the fact that it was first tried in AO Tennis.

AO Tennis 2 will definitely be first game purchase for 2020!

Khamer

School Cricketer
One thing that is not good in fielding still is when bowling , the bowler when trying to attempt a runout does this weird run in one direction and throw behind at the base of stumps, sometimes not even hitting the stumps , rather than just whipping the bails off. Have missed a few potentially high chance of runouts because of this“

can i get a reply for this

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Following my bowling and fielding assessments I’ve just batted (ODI) for the first time post patch. Yes it’s a bit harder but I think it’s the usual apply yourself, avoid silly run outs and don’t try to hit everything to the boundary then posting competitive totals is on the cards. Got beaten a few more times than previously (Good, I don’t want arcade cricket) and AI field settings/adjustments seemed more savvy.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
One thing that is not good in fielding still is when bowling , the bowler when trying to attempt a runout does this weird run in one direction and throw behind at the base of stumps, sometimes not even hitting the stumps , rather than just whipping the bails off. Have missed a few potentially high chance of runouts because of this“

can i get a reply for this
FlawlessOblongHermitcrab-small.gif

Sahil70

Club Captain
Every single test i play goes through this same pattern where an AI batsman at some point will go into a boundary ( at least 1)hitting mode every over. While the batter at the other end will do not much. I tried with various types of bowling , set fielders in the deep , to no avail. It will just find some where else to hit it.

Can someone pls tell me what else to do about this. Am getting really annoyed with it. Ruins the whole test experience when you just know whats coming

Users who are viewing this thread