Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
By way of experiment, for a 4th inns chase I’ve lowered the AI ability and timing, and greatly increased wicket chance.

the AI is 129/2!

conclusions from this: either difficulty changes mid match don’t actually work (and given I’ve been lowering the bounce through out the game to replicate a slow track and full balls are still going over the stumps it may be this), or the AI overpowering on 4th inns is absurd and deliberate. Perhaps both.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Left the al needing 602 to win they finished on 550 for 6 on day 5 in career mode.Could not find a delivery that would trouble them that why I always bowl first if I win the toss.Didnt get my reviews back after new ball was taken either .

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
An unexpected upside to this game.

Now I'm stuck working from home all day everyday and with the complete absence of any real sport I've had a CPU vs CPU "Test Match" on in the background all day.

90s England vs 90s Australia. It's coming to the end now with the Aussies needing another 108 runs to win with 6 wickets remaining. Border was looking well set until he chopped on a straight one from Tuffers. Now it all rests on the Waugh brothers.

There was a great passage of play earlier this morning when Devon Malcolm kept out a rampant McGrath/Warne combination who were bowling jaffa after jaffa at him but somehow he survived. Ended on 3 not out from 74 balls. Work stopped at that point.

I think I'll be doing this regularly.

Edit: England look like they're going to win this. Aus need 50 from the last wicket. Devon bowling like a demon.

Edit 2: And that's it. England win by 25 runs. Reiffel and McGrath looked like they might bring it home at one point until Darren Gough pitched one up and trapped Reiffel in front with one that would have hit the middle of middle stump. Cracking game! Definitely doing this again tomorrow.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
By way of experiment, for a 4th inns chase I’ve lowered the AI ability and timing, and greatly increased wicket chance.

the AI is 129/2!

conclusions from this: either difficulty changes mid match don’t actually work (and given I’ve been lowering the bounce through out the game to replicate a slow track and full balls are still going over the stumps it may be this), or the AI overpowering on 4th inns is absurd and deliberate. Perhaps both.

have set some absurd values, and have established pretty conclusively that mid-match slider or difficulty changes have absolutely no effect whatsoever.

Sahil70

Club Captain
Left the al needing 602 to win they finished on 550 for 6 on day 5 in career mode.Could not find a delivery that would trouble them that why I always bowl first if I win the toss.Didnt get my reviews back after new ball was taken either .

Isn't it 2 reviews for the entire innings?.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think I noticed that some time ago. Possibly change once but then don't change again.

I generally don't change in a match though.

I haven’t before, but I was trying to replicate a lower bounce pitch, and the physics absolutely didn’t change at all.

That prompted me test to see if the others worked, and knowing how overpowered the AI is in 4th inns I tried that... definitely had no effect either.

khan31

International Coach
I haven’t before, but I was trying to replicate a lower bounce pitch, and the physics absolutely didn’t change at all.

That prompted me test to see if the others worked, and knowing how overpowered the AI is in 4th inns I tried that... definitely had no effect either.

I think certain settings do take effect when changed in game - batting difficulty settings for example. Maybe not physics or AI don't?

What gets me is the terrible lack of awareness of the batsman of the stumps. I get its not a mechanical flaw but to have them run / walk through the stumps the entire innings and generally not know where the stumps/crease are is quite shocking.

Spinners should be able to alter their bowling speed by now. At least let us bowl 45 / 55 / 65 mph with the trigger buttons. They become too predictable too quickly.

Got to get the basics right. This game series just appears sub par in too many ways currently which taints what is, now, fundamentally a decent attempt at mechanising batting and bowling.

Fielding/presentation/animations are years behind where they should be

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
With plenty of time on my hands I’ve started a new career mode as was interested to see what effect the latest patch has had....

Nobody else has mentioned it but I have been out far more from edges , caught in slips , footwork seems harder, I’ve had catches at point and cover when bowling, things I’ve not seen before

This might just be down to being self isolated for 2 weeks and I’m starting see unicorns flying past my window but wonder if anyone else noticed differences after last patch ?

p.s. how many frigging left arm medium pacers are there in club games :(

Users who are viewing this thread