Request Cricket Captain 2019 Editor

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@lish2642 (and anyone else with Cricket Captain 2019). Please run the attached PointerSearcher program. I have added "Search 2", which will hopefully find all the remaining memory addresses needed by the editor. (Please ignore "Search 1").

Cricket Captain 2019.05 must be running. Please load any savegame (or create a new one) before running the PointerSearcher.

Please copy the whole result (Ctrl+C) and paste it here in the forum. Your result should looks something like this:

PointerSearcher2.png

Attachments

• PointerSearcher.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 16

lish2642

School Cricketer
@weetabixharry, please refer below results from the latest PointerSearcher. Search A and C failed, was I need to follow certain steps to generate the success info. Plz let me I can rerun the Pointer again

==================
==== SEARCH A ====
==================
Searching...
Failed.==================
==== SEARCH B ====
==================
Searching...
Success! Please record this information:
0x0E 0x40 0x7B 0xE9
0x9D 0xDC 0x91 0x72
0x39 0x5B 0xDA 0xDE
0x7C 0x7C 0xA7 0x02
==================
==== SEARCH C ====
==================
Searching...
Failed.

upload_2020-5-24_10-27-24.png

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@lish2642 I have looked more closely and now I can see that all these things have all changed significantly since Cricket Captain 2018. Even "SEARCH B" didn't actually find the right thing.

Therefore, it will not be possible to include these "Global" options in the 2019 Editor yet. If I can find time, it will be fixed in a later release. (I expect it will need several days of effort).

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
OK so there seems to be no work around the regen players entering the game within 2 years of playing. It seems that however much you tweak the potential & ability of an existing player (32-34), the AI will always generate a better skilled player at a lower age (20 or so).

lish2642

School Cricketer
@lish2642 I have looked more closely and now I can see that all these things have all changed significantly since Cricket Captain 2018. Even "SEARCH B" didn't actually find the right thing.

Therefore, it will not be possible to include these "Global" options in the 2019 Editor yet. If I can find time, it will be fixed in a later release. (I expect it will need several days of effort).

@weetabixharry With any guideline on the editor code, I can help you

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
OK so there seems to be no work around the regen players entering the game within 2 years of playing. It seems that however much you tweak the potential & ability of an existing player (32-34), the AI will always generate a better skilled player at a lower age (20 or so).

@Prashanth S Kharche I think the game has a problem with how it models the effects of age. It looks like it hugely overestimates the negative impact of age on player ability. Using the Cricket Captain Scout, I noticed that all the older players (aged 40+) have enormous potential (i.e. peak ability), just so that their current ability is realistic, after the huge impact of age has been deducted.

For example, Paul Collingwood has batting potential about the same as AB de Villiers. (Collingwood was an okay batting all-rounder, definitely not the same class as de Villiers). The highest potential in the game is Shivnarine Chanderpaul. Yes, Chanderpaul was a very good batsman at his peak, but not better than Virat Kohli and Steve Smith.

So, I think this is part of the reason why young regens do so well. It's not something we could fix easily with an editor. Personally, I like it when brilliant new regens appear, but I agree it's probably not realistic.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
@Prashanth S Kharche I think the game has a problem with how it models the effects of age. It looks like it hugely overestimates the negative impact of age on player ability. Using the Cricket Captain Scout, I noticed that all the older players (aged 40+) have enormous potential (i.e. peak ability), just so that their current ability is realistic, after the huge impact of age has been deducted.

For example, Paul Collingwood has batting potential about the same as AB de Villiers. (Collingwood was an okay batting all-rounder, definitely not the same class as de Villiers). The highest potential in the game is Shivnarine Chanderpaul. Yes, Chanderpaul was a very good batsman at his peak, but not better than Virat Kohli and Steve Smith.

So, I think this is part of the reason why young regens do so well. It's not something we could fix easily with an editor. Personally, I like it when brilliant new regens appear, but I agree it's probably not realistic.
I agree that top skilled regens are exciting @weetabixharry However, there are a number of players in the Under 19 levels who are more likely to make the cut in 5-6 years time.

It would be more realistic if they were given some enhanced abilities so they could play for the country rather than regen players cropping up out of nowhere.

Also, some of the exciting youngsters at age 21 seem to disappear from the scene in 3-4 years. I know that aspect is addressed in the database updates every year by the developer but my point is that the AI shouldn't disregard present players over regens.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I agree that top skilled regens are exciting @weetabixharry However, there are a number of players in the Under 19 levels who are more likely to make the cut in 5-6 years time.

It would be more realistic if they were given some enhanced abilities so they could play for the country rather than regen players cropping up out of nowhere.

Also, some of the exciting youngsters at age 21 seem to disappear from the scene in 3-4 years. I know that aspect is addressed in the database updates every year by the developer but my point is that the AI shouldn't disregard present players over regens.

Yeah, I totally agree with that. I think this is something that has never worked well in Cricket Captain. Football management games have been much better at this, so hopefully this will be improved someday in Cricket Captain.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Hi @weetabixharry, just played a game using the editor extensively before every series. Realized that if you wanted a player to continue to play till 43-44, all you have to do is keep tweaking his ability and skill level continuously so the factor of age is mitigated in his selection. Some results for your view.

CC-19-With-Editor-Batting.jpg

CC-19-With-Editor-Bowling.jpg

Fe98

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@weetabixharry, just wondering... if you don't mind me asking, what is the Pointer Searcher program supposed to do? Also, what are the First and Second attempts about?

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@weetabixharry, just wondering... if you don't mind me asking, what is the Pointer Searcher program supposed to do? Also, what are the First and Second attempts about?

I don't own Cricket Captain 2019, but several people asked for an editor. So I needed a way to find various multi-level pointers (most importantly, to the player data record) without access to the game. It seemed like no one was familiar with CheatEngine/ArtMoney/etc., so the Pointer Searcher is just a very simple program to automate the search. The original Pointer Searcher just searches for Rory Burns' date of birth (which is a unique byte sequence) and works backwards from there, based on offsets I found in Cricket Captain 2018. This was enough to get the basic player and club editor working.

Someone then asked about the "Global" options in the 2018 Editor. These are a bit more complicated, as they rely on (very basic) code injection to overwrite instructions in the program memory. For example, in Cricket Captain 2018, there was one function that was always called to fetch a player's nationality. By overwriting the return value with some constant, we can make every player appear to be from any country. So, for example, you can select as many foreigners as you like to play in an English County match, by making all players appear to be English before you click "Play Match". Similar tricks can be used to allow you to select players that are "unavailable" due to IPL or international matches.

So, the 2nd version of the Pointer Searcher was trying to look for these instructions. Unfortunately, it seems like all these things have changed in Cricket Captain 2019 (I also had a closer look in the free 2019 demo). So, for now, the "Global" editing is disabled for 2019.

If you're wondering why so many random bytes are printed out by the Pointer Searcher, that's just to be deliberately confusing. There has been some controversy over the years about editors being used to cheat online, so I just mix the useful bytes in with garbage to make it a bit harder to understand. If people search hard enough online, they can always find ways to cheat, but I don't want to ruin the fun for people who play online (although I've still never played online myself). The 2018/2019 editors I uploaded will only work in easy mode games (not eligible for online play).

The 2018 Editor and Scout were re-written from scratch, but both still contain various remnants of your original C# code. I don't think I or anyone else would have been able to make an editor without the work you did back in ~2008.

Users who are viewing this thread