Draft: IPL Draft - Completed!

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have been wanting to do this for quite sometime and as they say, better late than never.

This draft is based almost entirely on the layer cake draft that @Aislabie ran quite successfully a few weeks ago with the theme being the IPL. Why IPL? It was obvious that the novel concept would quite successfully apply itself to the theme of IPL as two of the central ideas were easily applicable to the league. The draft will proceed in four layers which are

Layer One: Icon Player

You nominate one Indian player as your franchise's icon player. This player will be yours to keep no matter what unless someone else happens to nominate him too, in which case he becomes ineligible for the remainder of this draft and neither of you gets him. This will replicate the original idea of franchises choosing an icon player in the inaugural season from the state that they were based in.

1. @Bevab - :ind::wk:MS Dhoni
  2. @Aislabie - :ind::wkb:KL Rahul
  3. @Na Maloom Afraad - :ind::ar:Sourav Ganguly
  4. @Akshay. - :ind::bat:Virender Sehwag
  5. @CerealKiller - :ind::bwl:Bhuvneshwar Kumar
  6. @ahmedleo414 - :ind::bat:Manish Pandey
  7. @Nilay_60 - :ind::bat:Sachin Tendulkar
  8. @Bigby Wolf - :ind::bwl:Jasprit Bumrah
  9. @VC the slogger - :ind::wk:Rishabh Pant

Layer Two: Rejected Players

This is where you nominate eight players who will not be available in the remaining rounds. You could reject both Indian and overseas players. Do you reject overseas players who were duds in the IPL or Indians similar to your icon player? But most importantly, these players will not be available to you in...

:ind::ar:Yusuf Pathan - @Aislabie / @VC the slogger
:ind::bat:Shikhar Dhawan - @ahmedleo414
:ind::bat:Rohit Sharma - @ahmedleo414 / @Na Maloom Afraad
:ind::bat:Mayank Agarwal - @ahmedleo414
:ind::bat:Virat Kohli - @Na Maloom Afraad
:ind::ar:Ravindra Jadeja - @Na Maloom Afraad
:ind::bwl:Ravichandran Ashwin - @Na Maloom Afraad
:ind::bwl:Ashoke Dinda - @Nilay_60 / @CerealKiller / @Bigby Wolf
:ind::bwl:Santhakumar Sreesanth - @Nilay_60
:ind::bwl:Amit Mishra - @VC the slogger / @Nilay_60
:ind::bwl:Munaf Patel - @CerealKiller
:ind::bwl:Parwinder Awana - @CerealKiller
:ind::bwl:Ramesh Powar - @CerealKiller
:ind::ar:Stuart Binny - @CerealKiller
:ind::bwl:Vinay Kumar - @CerealKiller
:ind::bwl:Ishant Sharma - @CerealKiller
:ind::bwl:Varun Aaron - @Bigby Wolf
:ind::bat:Mohammad Kaif - @Bigby Wolf
:ind::bat:Cheteshwar Pujara - @Bigby Wolf
:ind::bwl:KC Cariappa - @Bigby Wolf
:ind::bat:VVS Laxman - @Bigby Wolf
:ind::bat:Ajinkya Rahane - @VC the slogger
:ind::ar:Suresh Raina - @VC the slogger
:ind::ar:Irfan Pathan - @VC the slogger

Layer Three: The Auction

This is the part where you nominate four overseas players to go into the lottery that is the auction. You cannot nominate anyone who you rejected previously which means that pulling a Panesar is not possible. Any player that is nominated by two or more people will be unavailable to those who nominated him. Do you take the risk and nominate a bunch of flops believing that they will not be back to haunt you? Or do you nominate a star even if there is a risk that he might not end up in your side as others have done the same?

More detailed analysis here.

Layer Four: The Recovery Draft

This is where you will receive the chance to fix the mess that your owners in the auction have left you with. No one from the rejected list is eligible to be picked here and it will be a regular, ordered draft from worst to best. You will only select Indian players in accordance with the overseas rule of the league.

Signups:

Despite being a fairly niche theme I am hoping for around eight signups due to the interesting concept, although a number on either side of that target might not hurt either. Given that the theme is the IPL, only stats from the IPL will count as to the strengths of your teams so someone like Maxwell who is a renowned T20 star but has flattered to deceive in the IPL barring one season may not be the wisest choice. 563 players have played a game in the IPL until now and all of them will be eligible.
  1. @Bevab
  2. @Aislabie
  3. @Na Maloom Afraad
  4. @Akshay.
  5. @CerealKiller
  6. @ahmedleo414
  7. @Nilay_60
  8. @Bigby Wolf
  9. @VC the slogger

Last edited:

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Would have loved to be in it, but can’t stay active till the end of the draft.

Bevab

Staff Member
There were some Pakistanis who played in the inaugral season and one of them ended up as the leading wicket-taker. Of course they are eligible too.

@Aislabie I'm not sure of how that would work, given that only four overseas spots exist...

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
ok, im in too... i was a little hesitant because i have not watched more than 2 ipl matches, nor am i too familiar with whos has and has not played in the ipl. but i'll give it a try

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Thanks for the offer. But these leagues/drafts are beyond my understanding. Hence, I stay off them for my well being :p

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm in thanks to the joblessness but someone needs to tell me in short what this is about?

Users who are viewing this thread