Request Cricket Captain 2019 Editor

Fe98

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh ok , was just wondering why you didn't use the Pointer Scanner in Cheat Engine ...

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
sorry and thanks to @weetabixharry I completely forgot about this. But with the release of 2020 today, I won't be playing 2019 anymore. I just bought 2020 and will be playing that for now. I'd love to see a editor for 2020 though :D:D

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
sorry and thanks to @weetabixharry I completely forgot about this. But with the release of 2020 today, I won't be playing 2019 anymore. I just bought 2020 and will be playing that for now. I'd love to see a editor for 2020 though :D:D
Difficult for an editor so fast. Developer's will have to sort out all the glitches, 4-5 versions at least before work on an editor is logical. What say @weetabixharry?

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
As far as I can see, there isn't currently a demo available for Cricket Captain 2020. I don't plan to buy the game at full price (I spend all my spare time working on the editor, so I've only played a few seasons of Cricket Captain 2018, let alone 2019 or 2020).

You could try re-running the first PointerSearcher program (see this post) and we might be able to get a basic player editor working, like we did for Cricket Captain 2019. However, if the player data structure has changed, then it could be difficult (until a demo is released).

As @Prashanth S Kharche says, there will of course be several updates coming soon, so I wouldn't want to invest too much time until the game is stable.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
As far as I can see, there isn't currently a demo available for Cricket Captain 2020. I don't plan to buy the game at full price (I spend all my spare time working on the editor, so I've only played a few seasons of Cricket Captain 2018, let alone 2019 or 2020).

You could try re-running the first PointerSearcher program (see this post) and we might be able to get a basic player editor working, like we did for Cricket Captain 2019. However, if the player data structure has changed, then it could be difficult (until a demo is released).

As @Prashanth S Kharche says, there will of course be several updates coming soon, so I wouldn't want to invest too much time until the game is stable.

Hi @weetabixharry, I would like to gift you a copy of the game through Steam. If you want could pm me on [email protected]

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@Prashanth S Kharche Thank you for your very kind offer. However, I don't want to profit from making the editor, so I will buy Cricket Captain 2020 myself. I also want to support the game's developers, so it makes sense for me to buy the game even if I won't have much time to play it. But thanks again for your offer.

There has been some discussion on the Childishthings forums about editors, and Chris Child (the main developer) has said he would happily provide support for some aspects of an unofficial editor for Cricket Captain 2020. I think the main thing he doesn't support is editing (or even viewing) hidden attributes, such as ability and potential. Therefore, I will consider making a main editor release that can only edit things that are visible in the game. Then maybe a full editor could be available only for people who specifically request it.

Hopefully, with the help of the game developers, we will be able to make a better editor for 2020.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
@Prashanth S Kharche Thank you for your very kind offer. However, I don't want to profit from making the editor, so I will buy Cricket Captain 2020 myself. I also want to support the game's developers, so it makes sense for me to buy the game even if I won't have much time to play it. But thanks again for your offer.

There has been some discussion on the Childishthings forums about editors, and Chris Child (the main developer) has said he would happily provide support for some aspects of an unofficial editor for Cricket Captain 2020. I think the main thing he doesn't support is editing (or even viewing) hidden attributes, such as ability and potential. Therefore, I will consider making a main editor release that can only edit things that are visible in the game. Then maybe a full editor could be available only for people who specifically request it.

Hopefully, with the help of the game developers, we will be able to make a better editor for 2020.
Dear @weetabixharry noted. I'm not a coder, so I honestly don't know how I can help except in giving my comments. But please do let me know if I actually can be of any assistance. I did give input on certain players across all Indian State squads to the developers which was incorporated into the game.

Probably the only thing which is unrealistic in the new game is batting order and part time bowlers rolling their arm over for a couple of overs in 1st ings. Otherwise, it looks like a really good release.

GaryD3009

School Cricketer

Hi weetabixharry. Just wanted to say thank you for producing the editors so far. I’ve loved the series since the beginning but have always wanted an editor to change all parts of the game, much like the football manager one. I’ve never played online and have no interest in doing so. I just like to set up my own scenario and play!

if there is anything I can do to help with the process, please let me know. I have limited knowledge of cheatengine, although I know how to edit money.

thanks again

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@Prashanth S Kharche @GaryD3009 @ahmedleo414 The Editor and Scout for Cricket Captain 2020 are almost ready for an initial release. The Editor will be quite limited at first, but the Scout will be basically the same as for 2018.

The main help I will need is to test them out and see if you find any problems. The structure of the player data has changed a bit since 2018, so it is possible that I didn't update something correctly.

The other thing you can help with is requesting new features. I will add various things that I find useful, but the quality will be better if other people make suggestions too.

I will post back here when an initial release is ready.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Looking forward @weetabixharry but I'm led to believe that developers are releasing a patch tomorrow 20.05 just FYI.

Thanks. Each new game patch will stop the Editor from working, but hopefully it won't take me long to patch the Editor each time.

In theory, the Scout should keep working after each patch (but this is not guaranteed).

Users who are viewing this thread