Request Cricket Captain 2019 Editor

GaryD3009

School Cricketer
@Prashanth S Kharche @GaryD3009 @ahmedleo414 The Editor and Scout for Cricket Captain 2020 are almost ready for an initial release. The Editor will be quite limited at first, but the Scout will be basically the same as for 2018.

The main help I will need is to test them out and see if you find any problems. The structure of the player data has changed a bit since 2018, so it is possible that I didn't update something correctly.

The other thing you can help with is requesting new features. I will add various things that I find useful, but the quality will be better if other people make suggestions too.

I will post back here when an initial release is ready.

Is there a possibility for a 'player swap' feature? For example; Swapping Pope for Vince (Surrey to Hampshire)
Definitely like the idea of a scout system which allows the option to see highest rated players too

Many thanks

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Is there a possibility for a 'player swap' feature? For example; Swapping Pope for Vince (Surrey to Hampshire)
Definitely like the idea of a scout system which allows the option to see highest rated players too

Many thanks

Yes, I really like this player swapping idea and this is literally the next thing on my to-do list (after the first Editor release is done).

Player swapping is likely to be much easier than one-way transfers because it's hopefully just a simple data swap (without having to worry about how players are signed and released from squads). Well, it's not quite that simple, but I still think it's realistically doable once I fix a few small details.

I think it should also be possible to swap in historical "all time great" players to present-day clubs (with a date of birth adjustment), which may be interesting to some people. In this case, the player swapped out would probably disappear from the game.

varunbengani

School Cricketer
Hi,
The CC version that I have is 19.05. whereas the CC editor (all the versions that are available on the group) do not open in my system.
Please help if there are any trouble shooting options
TIA

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hi,
The CC version that I have is 19.05. whereas the CC editor (all the versions that are available on the group) do not open in my system.
Please help if there are any trouble shooting options
TIA

Check the "Quick Tips" here (except change 2018.09 to 2019.05):
https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/editor-for-cricket-captain-2018-release.114601/

If that doesn't work, then try following the instructions here:
https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...cket-captain-2019-editor.114683/#post-3402230

varunbengani

School Cricketer
Check the "Quick Tips" here (except change 2018.09 to 2019.05):
https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/editor-for-cricket-captain-2018-release.114601/

If that doesn't work, then try following the instructions here:
https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...cket-captain-2019-editor.114683/#post-3402230
Hi,

This is the message I get

Searching...
Success! Please record this information:
0x80 0x84 0xBD 0x65
0x4B 0x4B 0xA0 0x6A
0x6A 0x05 0xAE 0x1C
0x98 0xB0 0xF8 0x8E

But the editor is still not working.

The message i get is
Error! Failed to load. Please note:
1) This editor is only compatible with Cricket Captain v2019.05.
If a newer game update has been released, please report this.
2) Cricket captain must be running
3)The save game must be fully loaded (past initial set up screens)
4) This editor cannot be used in normal Difficulty Career mode games

Please help

varunbengani

School Cricketer
Hi,

This is the message I get

Searching...
Success! Please record this information:
0x80 0x84 0xBD 0x65
0x4B 0x4B 0xA0 0x6A
0x6A 0x05 0xAE 0x1C
0x98 0xB0 0xF8 0x8E

But the editor is still not working.

The message i get is
Error! Failed to load. Please note:
1) This editor is only compatible with Cricket Captain v2019.05.
If a newer game update has been released, please report this.
2) Cricket captain must be running
3)The save game must be fully loaded (past initial set up screens)
4) This editor cannot be used in normal Difficulty Career mode games

Please help
Hi, is there anything more do i need to do? Or anything that i have missed? Please do let me know.
Looking forward, thanks

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hi, is there anything more do i need to do? Or anything that i have missed? Please do let me know.
Looking forward, thanks

What have you tried?

Your result from the Pointer Searcher looks correct, so the editor should work. It seems like it worked for everyone else, so I don't know what is different for you. Are you running the game via Steam?

GaryD3009

School Cricketer
What have you tried?

Your result from the Pointer Searcher looks correct, so the editor should work. It seems like it worked for everyone else, so I don't know what is different for you. Are you running the game via Steam?

Hi Harry, I am in the same boat. My CC19 updated last week via steam and now the editor doesn’t work (Same message as above). Any tips to get it working again?

keep up the great work

varunbengani

School Cricketer
Yes, so i had recently downloaded the cc19 on windows (via steam just for cc editor). May be the updated version, that moght be the reason. Will be happy if you can help us with the editor. as i am new to steam, is there anyways where i can stop the auto-update?
You are doing a great job and thanks a lot again

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@GaryD3009 or @varunbengani Can you confirm what version number you see in the Options menu in Cricket Captain 2019?

I bought CC 2018 and CC 2020, but only got the demo of CC 2019 (which is why the 2019 editor is so bad). As far as I can see, there was no recent update to the demo. (I even uninstalled and reinstalled the demo to check). No update to the main game was reported on Steam or the official CC forums. (That doesn't mean there wasn't one, it's just a bit confusing).

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
as i am new to steam, is there anyways where i can stop the auto-update?

There are ways to prevent auto-update, but they're not easy and I don't recommend them. Steam really expects you to keep all games up to date.

Hopefully, I can always update the editor. To be honest, I don't expect many more CC 2019 updates now that CC 2020 has been released.

Users who are viewing this thread