England's tour of India - 2021

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
As an admission of how badly we got our selection wrong this is pretty special
I cannot think of another one quite like it. Have there been openers dropped down to the middle/lower order mid-Test for purely performance reasons?

Also, an absolutely chronic two overs from England
Post automatically merged:

Has an England captain ever taken a 10-for?
Bob Willis and Gubby Allen probably will both have done

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
This is a joke from England. They've just given up. Where are the catchers?
Post automatically merged:

"The odd ball has turned somewhat"
- Laxman Sivaramakrishnan

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well I take my words back and this is a disgraceful wicket. After all the highs of Australia we come home to pitches like these. I am sure we could have prepared better pitches for the return of cricket to India for a series as big as this, Indian fans please do not cry if things are reciprocated in our tour to England later this year with green seaming and swinging pitches that end in 2 days as well. Yes while I agree the first inning shots played by the English batsman were for spin and they got out to straighter deliveries, this pitch has been an abomination.

As an Indian fan, this has been a boring series for me. The Chennai pitch for both the matches was below standard and this pitch has been below standard as well. I am just hoping that the last match has a better pitch that lasts all 5 days. There is enough talent on both the sides to last the match for all 5 days.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Well I take my words back and this is a disgraceful wicket. After all the highs of Australia we come home to pitches like these. I am sure we could have prepared better pitches for the return of cricket to India for a series as big as this, Indian fans please do not cry if things are reciprocated in our tour to England later this year with green seaming and swinging pitches that end in 2 days as well. Yes while I agree the first inning shots played by the English batsman were for spin and they got out to straighter deliveries, this pitch has been an abomination.

As an Indian fan, this has been a boring series for me. The Chennai pitch for both the matches was below standard and this pitch has been below standard as well. I am just hoping that the last match has a better pitch that lasts all 5 days. There is enough talent on both the sides to last the match for all 5 days.
At least they'll get 3 extra days to work on the pitch.

It was very entertaining but test cricket shouldn't be finishing inside 2 days unless there's a complete mismatch in quality of the sides.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well that was a tonking. I don’t think you can blame the pitch, England have just simply been unable to cope

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
At least they'll get 3 extra days to work on the pitch.

It was very entertaining but test cricket shouldn't be finishing inside 2 days unless there's a complete mismatch in quality of the sides.
I will not be surprised if they do nothing and leave things as is. I for one have not enjoyed test matches in India recently. Its been way too one sided. I know Kohli will not admit this but he should man up and admit this is not the best pitch. He has been vocal about how Test Cricket is the utmost format, this is not how you will make sure Test Cricket survives. The younger generation is already getting bored and want a quickie T20. We should not be setting up expectations for them that Test matches end in 2 days.

ICC should definitely penalize BCCI for this pitch. Biggest cricket stadium in the world and all the hype around it to have a test match as lull as this.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Did Kohli really say that this was a good pitch to bat on and only the odd bowl turned? :noway

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I think it’s not just the pitch. We’ve had worse pitches with red ball where teams scored over 200 in India. I feel the pink ball and twilight conditions just dont cut it for test cricket at international level. Not a big fan of day night tests. I think artificial light can never substitute daylight conditions with test match pitches. White ball cricket is a different story with flat batting tracks made for limited overs. And I just didn’t get a classic Test match feel for day night matches.

ICC needs to stop experimenting with pink balls and day night tests. I bet the red ball traditional Test will last 4 days in similar pitch conditions.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Looking forward to seeing the Trent Bridge pitch looking like this in August

Greenfields%202.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread