Cricket 19 General Discussion

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@wasteyouryouth , @passwordistaco , need your input regarding downloading/updating teams in Cricket 19...

Wanted to start an IPL tourney and was planning to download wasteyouryouth's teams from academy. Now I don't want to replace the intl players which I've already updated as per my liking when I downloaded the intl teams (E.g., Stokes, Buttler, Warner, Smith etc. along with all the Indian intl players). But I want to replace unknown made up players in these teams with the correct players. Is there a way to do so? Or will I need to go through every player individually to see whether I replace it or not?

I watched the following YT video for reference but though it describes the overall process, it doesn't talk about replacing/keeping players and hence my question...

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
See, this is how I have my tests set, and I've never had the run out issues

View attachment 254685
Cricket 19_20210901193053.jpg

Thanks to these sliders, I've just finished the best Cricket 19 game I've ever played. They were 4/91 before a collapse and then Bumrah hit 30* down at 10 to pull off an outrageous victory. I streamed the whole thing, was roughly 12 hours of real time but it was absolutely worth it. This was the first ever game with these AI sliders too. Unreal.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
View attachment 255112

Thanks to these sliders, I've just finished the best Cricket 19 game I've ever played. They were 4/91 before a collapse and then Bumrah hit 30* down at 10 to pull off an outrageous victory. I streamed the whole thing, was roughly 12 hours of real time but it was absolutely worth it. This was the first ever game with these AI sliders too. Unreal.

That's a hell of a game. Glad they worked out for you

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
View attachment 255112

Looks superb , sorry but can you point me to sliders post again, thanks

The Real Udy

School Cricketer
Finally I am doing well in career mode. Long overdue post. Started as a medium pacer in Bengal club at 20 and now after 11 in-game years, at 31, I am captain of Indian test, odi and T20 team. Led team to World Championship win (50 overs) last year. Led team to somewhat of test championship (imaginary).

Test: matches 51 wickets 205 best 7/87
ODI matches 92 wickets 150 best 5/16
T20 matches 45 wickets 40 best 3/13

As captain
Test 42 wins 25 losses 13 draws 4
Odi 65 wins 50 losses 14 tie 1
T20 10 wins 5 losses 5

Hester

County Cricketer
Random thought of the day - I believe the crazy amount of AI run outs some people see in Tests are due to the Shot Force setting. Anything from 45 and less will lead to more run outs as a shot that would usually reach the boundary quickly isn't getting there, so the AI is running for 3s way more often.

njncricket

School Cricketer
With batting i am able to use left and right analog sticks to play all shots with good timing. I am also able to decide quickly and play front foot /back foot shots accordingly and achieve fair amount of success in pulling this off in hard level.
Now where i fail miserably is using the L2, L1,R2, R1 ,R3 , L3 buttons.
What i mean to say is unless i pre meditate and decide for myself before even the ball is delivered, i cant play aggressive shots, aggressive grounded shots (r2 & L2) , Leave the ball or advance.
Please help me understand if there are tips/techniques or even a way to do this without pre meditation. i.e. play these shot by seeing the line, length of the delivery. (more like in real world cricket). Is it possible ? How do you experts play this.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Random thought of the day - I believe the crazy amount of AI run outs some people see in Tests are due to the Shot Force setting. Anything from 45 and less will lead to more run outs as a shot that would usually reach the boundary quickly isn't getting there, so the AI is running for 3s way more often.

May have a point here

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
With batting i am able to use left and right analog sticks to play all shots with good timing. I am also able to decide quickly and play front foot /back foot shots accordingly and achieve fair amount of success in pulling this off in hard level.
Now where i fail miserably is using the L2, L1,R2, R1 ,R3 , L3 buttons.
What i mean to say is unless i pre meditate and decide for myself before even the ball is delivered, i cant play aggressive shots, aggressive grounded shots (r2 & L2) , Leave the ball or advance.
Please help me understand if there are tips/techniques or even a way to do this without pre meditation. i.e. play these shot by seeing the line, length of the delivery. (more like in real world cricket). Is it possible ? How do you experts play this.

What I did was bump up the 'Ball Display' slider to 85 (or maybe raise it to a 100) as it will allow you more time to decide on the shot. Once you get more comfortable, you can bring down the slider value. Personally, I stay away from special shots and only use the L2 for free hits (pre-meditated). occasionally I sort of pre-meditate sweep shots by keeping my finger on L1 and if the delivery is close to what I was expecting, play a sweep shot else stick with the regular shots. I haven't played a special shot or used any other shot modifier.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
View attachment 255112

Can you conform how many wickets of AI you got through edges in slip or keeper .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread