Cricket 19 General Discussion

njncricket

School Cricketer
What I did was bump up the 'Ball Display' slider to 85 (or maybe raise it to a 100) as it will allow you more time to decide on the shot. Once you get more comfortable, you can bring down the slider value. Personally, I stay away from special shots and only use the L2 for free hits (pre-meditated). occasionally I sort of pre-meditate sweep shots by keeping my finger on L1 and if the delivery is close to what I was expecting, play a sweep shot else stick with the regular shots. I haven't played a special shot or used any other shot modifier.
Thanks. I will try ball slider option today and see if that helps.
I play test matches more and my batting camera has been the default option (the one from behind the stumps) . Feels more realistic this way, like a real batsman.
From this perspective, i wished i was able to play as per the merit of the delivery (swing, trajectory, angle of release, flight) , i.e. just after released from bowlers hand, and then decide to leave the ball, play loft shots, sweep shot or a precise shot . If i was able to do this, i am sure batting would be more fun and i can keep playing all my life.

But now its more like every ball i play a regular shot , either in front foot or backfoot ( and all are grounded shots too). As only analog sticks are in play.
This doesn't even allow me to score fast. Especially the upper cut shots i could play without pre meditation to those bouncers outside off :)
I really really miss defending or leaving a good ball too. Unless i decide a minute before that i have to leave next ball.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi Guys Just want to Know whats everyones shot force for Tests Just trying to find the right balance. Thanks ian

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks. I will try ball slider option today and see if that helps.
I play test matches more and my batting camera has been the default option (the one from behind the stumps) . Feels more realistic this way, like a real batsman.
From this perspective, i wished i was able to play as per the merit of the delivery (swing, trajectory, angle of release, flight) , i.e. just after released from bowlers hand, and then decide to leave the ball, play loft shots, sweep shot or a precise shot . If i was able to do this, i am sure batting would be more fun and i can keep playing all my life.

But now its more like every ball i play a regular shot , either in front foot or backfoot ( and all are grounded shots too). As only analog sticks are in play.
This doesn't even allow me to score fast. Especially the upper cut shots i could play without pre meditation to those bouncers outside off :)
I really really miss defending or leaving a good ball too. Unless i decide a minute before that i have to leave next ball.

I play ODIs and Tests primarily and I hear you when you say there's not enough time to judge swing and flight/trajectory. Generally I make a decision to play the shot based on line & length as there's not enough time to factor in the swing movement. Ideally you would be able to react late as you would in real life when you see the ball swing you adjust the shot accordingly.

But unfortunately in a 2D video game, you've to provide input at a certain time and for fast bowlers that moment is between the bowler releasing the ball and just before the ball hitting the pitch - depending on the speed of the fast bowler. I wish there would be a way to provide the input when the ball was say a couple of feet away from the batsman as that would allow you to account for swing but if you do so in the game you would be very late or miss the delivery altogether.

njncricket

School Cricketer
I've tried without the pitch marker but, for me, it becomes too much like guesswork. Particularly against fast bowling. I'm sure others might play without it but it's a bit too much for me. The pitch marker gives you line and length which I think you need.

I have found myself playing what would be yellow balls off the back foot at times (hard pitches) and on softer pitches what would be red balls on the front foot. It really makes the batting experience more engaging without the ball marker.

what a life saver . This post saved me from all the confusions of the ball marker. Now able to play proper cricket by hiding that stuff

Hester

County Cricketer
Hi Guys Just want to Know whats everyones shot force for Tests Just trying to find the right balance. Thanks ian
I used to have it at 30-40 but recently set it back to 50 because I was getting 3 or 4 AI run outs per game as they were running for 3s much more often.

Reactions: i.n

Hester

County Cricketer
The Great Jumper Conundrum.

I've been playing this game since release and have never seen the players wear jumpers. (just realised that sounds like I'm at an AA meeting).

I was watching a YouTube vid of a New Zealand chap who I think posts in here and his 1st test of the England / India series had jumpers in it! It was the 1st time I'd ever seen them. He's using downloaded teams.

I've tried all weather conditions and teams but no jumpers for me.

Does anyone have an idea on how this works?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

I've been playing this game since release and have never seen the players wear jumpers. (just realised that sounds like I'm at an AA meeting).

I was watching a YouTube vid of a New Zealand chap who I think posts in here and his 1st test of the England / India series had jumpers in it! It was the 1st time I'd ever seen them. He's using downloaded teams.

I've downloaded Wasteyouryouth's teams and I do see players wearing jumpers. No idea how it's determined but could very well be a function of kit and/or the weather.

Hester

County Cricketer
I've been using the downloaded teams from the incredible wasteyouryouth but, since the latest update, I've found that the faces of de kock and du plessis have changed. It's like they've been replaced by a half hearted attempt at a likeness.

I've tried redownloading the players (ones that had the faces I used to have that looked like the players) but my game doesn't recognise that I've downloaded them, so I can't add them to South Africa. It's really weird.

Anyone come across this and/or have a solution?

zafar_sheikh

Club Captain

Jumpers are attached only to 1st kit template.... Players will only wear it if the kit template is 1st...secondly temperature should be below 13° Lastly you can only achive this temperature on generic grounds created by BA Mostly NZ AUS ENG grounds... You cannot achive such cold temperatures on user creates grounds.... I hope this will help you

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

Cold and overcast = Jumpers for me.

Reactions: i.n

Hester

County Cricketer
Jumpers are attached only to 1st kit template.... Players will only wear it if the kit template is 1st...secondly temperature should be below 13° Lastly you can only achive this temperature on generic grounds created by BA Mostly NZ AUS ENG grounds... You cannot achive such cold temperatures on user creates grounds.... I hope this will help you
OK thanks for the comprehensive reply!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
@wasteyouryouth , quick question... I'm looking to download 1992 WC uniforms/kits. Have you created those or know of any user who may have created it?

Users who are viewing this thread