Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Rate the run out slo mo, looks way better
The 'cinematic' camera is an interesting phrasing. Will that be a fixed camera that's used for everyone, rather than different running and fielding cameras. Or is it more like a cut scene and quick time event, like catching I suppose. Will this occur every time the balls goes near the fielder and the AI runs? Or will there be a 'chance' like and edge for the catching. It will become old quite quickly if the game slows down all the time.

I'm wondering if this is a way to control the environment - meaning to avoid instances where the keeper does not get to the stumps, fielders don't back up or those random run outs where the AI will step out of their crease (although someone did that in one of the WBBL matches the other day, so it's no longer a bug but cricketing canon).

Reactions: DAP

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
So at the very least they have added 3 new bowling animations for fast bowlers which is cool enough , now if they give us an ability to mix and match them and adjusting the segment wise animation speed and adjusting the runup style and speed , it will make the game totally awesome because we already have 8 actions of fast bowlers so far.

Staresblank

Club Captain
The 'cinematic' camera is an interesting phrasing. Will that be a fixed camera that's used for everyone, rather than different running and fielding cameras. Or is it more like a cut scene and quick time event, like catching I suppose. Will this occur every time the balls goes near the fielder and the AI runs? Or will there be a 'chance' like and edge for the catching. It will become old quite quickly if the game slows down all the time.

I'm wondering if this is a way to control the environment - meaning to avoid instances where the keeper does not get to the stumps, fielders don't back up or those random run outs where the AI will step out of their crease (although someone did that in one of the WBBL matches the other day, so it's no longer a bug but cricketing canon).
It's hard to predict with big ant - I remember in DB 17 and Ashes the catching mini game used to trigger sometimes even if there wasn't an edge. They removed this in C19 which was a bit of a shame as we lost a bit of unpredictably.

If it triggers at every chance for a run out wicket, then it will become a bit obvious, but if it triggers at every run inside the circle it may become tiresome. It's a tough balance I guess

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is fantastic! They've made it really impressive in terms of fielding, so it's very active and makes fielding appear to be always in play.

I'm hoping the close-catch animations are as smooth as they appear in the video.

I'm not sure about the pitch marker thingy, and I hope it doesn't show up when you're batting; if it does, you'll be taken back to Cricket 07.

Looking forward to additional reveals, it is a clear step in the right way.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
This is fantastic! They've made it really impressive in terms of fielding, so it's very active and makes fielding appear to be always in play.

I'm hoping the close-catch animations are as smooth as they appear in the video.

I'm not sure about the pitch marker thingy, and I hope it doesn't show up when you're batting; if it does, you'll be taken back to Cricket 07.

Looking forward to additional reveals, it is a clear step in the right way.
Will these also be implemented in Online gameplay...... online is always neglected :(

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It's hard to predict with big ant - I remember in DB 17 and Ashes the catching mini game used to trigger sometimes even if there wasn't an edge. They removed this in C19 which was a bit of a shame as we lost a bit of unpredictably.

If it triggers at every chance for a run out wicket, then it will become a bit obvious, but if it triggers at every run inside the circle it may become tiresome. It's a tough balance I guess
Yeah, my preference would not be slowing down the game. But if this is a way to mitigate other issues I can understand it. If it improves the fielding experience that'll be even better.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
And I sincerely hope that the fielders are no longer ambidextrous when throwing the balls. I don't want Maxwell to throw like Jadeja using his left arm.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Will these also be implemented in Online gameplay...... online is always neglected :(
I only played it once or twice, and it sucked, so I didn't play it again.
As a result, my expectations for online gameplay are lower.

Users who are viewing this thread