Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

caprikaps

Club Captain
Besides the new bowling animations, Bajo calls out new batting to spin animation system - is he talking about shots being more fluid or m I missing something here?

Gayan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hopefully there's been an upgrade to the fielding animations and ball physics.

One thing I found odd in past iterations is the catching. Fielders turning around to chase a ball going over them, then to turn around and face the ball to take the catch, almost like they are ahead of the ball the whole time or have somehow beaten the ball.

Irl the ball will always be ahead of the fielder running back to take a catch unless it's a skyer that's gone miles up and the fielder has over ran it so adjusts by turning around. Normally the ball would either be in front or just over the head of the fielder running back so you wouldnt have the time to turn around and face the ball, you'd take the catch running back.

Hope to see boundary fielding, ability to tip toe the boundary, slide and dive.

More dynamic fielding motions, felt like past games animations didn't account for lateral movement. Fielders couldn't throw themselves around and throw off balance.

For example if a batsmen just punches into a gap in the inner circle, the more athletic fielders e.g. Jadeja/maxwell would run back slide pick up the ball, quickly get up, turn around and throw off balance.

Another example would be a in fielder moving to there left to collect the ball, almost in a diving motion after collecting ball simultaneously fall to their left to have a crack at the stumps.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One thing I noticed was Maxi didn't bowl in his own action, hopefully its just pre-release jitters and not them removing that style. I personally liked his style rather than the generic one.

Other than that lighting seems to be better (reminds me of dbc17) and new additions are always welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread