Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Storer11

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not a bug, It's always been like that. You choose helmet or hat for batting. You don't swap between depending on pace or spin. It's been this way since DB14
Okay, thank you. Can I change it now or is it too late?

p.s. would be a handy feature to bring in for future editions!

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I'm not sure why with the new run-out mechanic that you go to throw down the stumps and then one of your team-mates bothers to intercept it because he's on the same pathway. Surely he knows you're going for a chance? :p

Not a bug, but in limited overs I'm starting to already get very tired of the screen wipe graphics of 'FOUR', opening and closing and then 'Cricket 22' opening and closing before going back to the game. It seems to be going on constantly in shorter formats with boundaries, wickets, reviews etc. Yes, we understand that we're playing Cricket 22, we don't need a glaring, flashing, full-screen, double appearing, sign every minute or so!

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Haven't had one LBW in 300 overs... Anyone getting the AI out LBW? I guess stumpings are too much to ask for also...

A stumping requires them to leave their ground. That ain't happening anytime soon.

Just bowled 95 overs in the first inns of a test match and every dismissal was either caught behind or bowled. Every other edge went straight to ground, nothing flying high at all let alone being caught in the outfield. That was with pitch bounce reduced to 30, not sure if that has had an effect on what comes off the bat as well?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A stumping requires them to leave their ground. That ain't happening anytime soon.

Just bowled 95 overs in the first inns of a test match and every dismissal was either caught behind or bowled. Every other edge went straight to ground, nothing flying high at all let alone being caught in the outfield. That was with pitch bounce reduced to 30, not sure if that has had an effect on what comes off the bat as well?

Nah, there's some serious issues with this game if you just scratch the surface. I'm afraid things like that have very little to do with the game modifiers.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Closest I had to an lbw was a 5-5 where the ball hit the pad and looped up and caught by the keeper. Appealed for lbw though to be fair was probably missing by a mile...

Given out caught keeper, with the replay showing the bat was in a different post code to the ball at all times. AI didn’t challenge either.

Bizarre.

B

Bigby Wolf

Batting against spin is greatly improved.

You can time the ball really late and play on the backfoot against spinners which I have not seen happen in the previous Iterations.

Whoever batting style 6 is its really well done.

Enjoy Playing Career on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey people. One question, what is Aftertouch, and what does it exactly do while in between a bowling action!

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Trying to create that typical English pitch. It’s impossible as everyone bowler is a different height so gets differing bounce..

BUT I focused on Jimmy making sure his normal (X) delivery could shave the stumps at times..

It produces more varied wickets as the AI plays different shots to that particular length but can then still get out…

I did nearly grab two LBW’s but they were just going over *just

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Trying to create that typical English pitch. It’s impossible as everyone bowler is a different height so gets differing bounce..

BUT I focused on Jimmy making sure his normal (X) delivery could shave the stumps at times..

It produces more varied wickets as the AI plays different shots to that particular length but can then still get out…
amazing video

Users who are viewing this thread