Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lack of edges is most worrying, because the one thing we’ve seen throughout all iterations of BA games is they ALWAYS script out certain dismissal types.

DBC14 had no edges. Bowleds were removed from DBC17. Ashes and C19 had no outfield catches. C22 seems to be little to no edges (again they’ve patched them out, because they were there before).

This is an important point - it is important that there is a variety of dismissals. So far I think the latest Steam patch is ok for this though there is room for improvement.

Still haven't seen any AI batsman stumpings, they should be rare I guess, but it would be good to know they are in there.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
In terms of the bowling, are you playing with pro controls, because that’s completely different to EA and any other cricket game before the BA titles. Fair enough you press a button to choose your delivery type and the after touch doesn’t seem to be the best addition, but the use of the analog stick to determine foot landing and the line of the ball is pretty spot on
Yeah I've used pro in previous and bit in this one but it's still a very limited system but was something different at the time however the insides of it are much the same just the actual input is different
AI timing 10
Wicket Chance 90

Grassy
England
Max Swing

AI 62-0 after 14

Not a single edge in sight. It’s things like this that make me lose faith with this game.

Things ultimately don’t work…

we still can’t skill a batsmen to be a true tailender..

it’s all pre determined!

Are you doing tests or odi (not that it matters much I guess) and yes there is an element of predetermined feeling sometimes you feel it more than other times. I just think the way the game is designed is a mess
My wishlist would be:

Fix AI lines
Be able to create genuine tailenders
Pitches actually do something
Atmosphere
Visual Cracks on the pitch

All stuff that’s been needing looking at for 3 games now.

I think even the old EA games had tailenders or was it BLIC? Where their shots would be funny and awkward looking.

I haven't played basically since last week where I was testing very low AI timing and run rate and the results were good. I loaded up on midweek for few overs and I was getting slogged a bit more. Previously I was getting beautiful plays & misses with low timing and run rate.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
My wishlist would be:

Fix AI lines
Atmosphere

My Wishlist would be:
1. Keeper reacting to ball than anything else
2. slip fielders actually trying to attempt even if they cant catch a ball
3. Fast bowlers not being superman for every caught and bowled chance
4. AI batsman not standing outside the crease like a dumb person when a run is cancelled and thus getting run out
5. Fix the off side batting for lofted and grounded shots
6. Pitch and its characterstics
7. No-balls called for height of the batsman when he is standing up straight than calling no-ball even when he is lofted flicking the ball behind square leg.
8. fielders running properly on to the direction of the ball than taking two steps ahead and then running all the way back.
9. AI bowling a good percent of balls to the field its set and then not posting fields with a big gap in major on the ground.
10. Night games FPS fix.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I think a lot of the issues we face from bat and ball are from the way the game is designed at its core. I don't know if they have or had the resources for it but the true way to design the game would be to have just a bowler run up and bowl and then try to make the ball as free as possible and then add a batsmen and make the relationship between bat and ball free instead of scripted.

I understand this is probably very difficult to do and requires a budget idk the ins and outs

Wealey

ICC Board Member
For me there’s just too much focus on stuff that doesn’t really enhance the game!

There was so much focus on “accessibility” ironically that’s the thing holding up the Xbox patch. Something wrong with the tutorials.

But genuinly who spends hours in the tutorials.

Gameplay will always be king .. and its hardly been touched in 3 iterations.

All the time spent on the new commentators and Atherton keeps calling 4 runs when it goes to the outfield for a single…

mans he reckons a target of 500 is a small today that the batsmen will look to knock off easily.

there’s two types of leave gets said 1 every two overs..

swap all that rubbish for dynamic pitches which we all know is a fundamental part of cricket!

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
My wishlist would be:

Fix AI lines
Atmosphere

I don't play online so AI improvement is paramount for me. Bowling lines, field settings and how they bat. Specifically strengths & weaknesses meaning more and tailoring their approach better to the match situation.

I think this, tied with different pitch types playing differently, would make for an enjoyable core game. You @Rumple43 et all have proved that with the correct slider manipulation we can tease out the type of scores and dismissals we want to see, hopefully BA can take heed of this and better tie similar (identical would be ideal) settings to specific pitch types as default.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I don't play online so AI improvement is paramount for me. Bowling lines, field settings and how they bat. Specifically strengths & weaknesses meaning more and tailoring their approach better to the match situation.

I think this, tied with different pitch types playing differently, would make for an enjoyable core game. You @Rumple43 et all have proved that with the correct slider manipulation we can tease out the type of scores and dismissals we want to see, hopefully BA can take heed of this and better tie similar (identical would be ideal) settings to specific pitch types as default.

Yeah you can produce a good game… issue is it’s the same game..

And the same issues are wearing thin now.. I shouldn’t have to manually manipulate sliders to get what I want…

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

I agree with pretty much everything on this last page. For me, the lefty/righty mix bowler to batter is the one thing I'd like sorting now.

I can overlook a fair bit, I'm a fairly patient gamer and I didn't have Cricket 19 anyway. I also don't play many game modes, mainly just one off test matches. If I played career and those issues, or wanted a custom tour etc, I'm sure I'd be in a different place.

I still have fun with this game, and I still want to play it more than I get a chance to. I get that everyone has a different tipping point, each to their own, that's just where I sit on the scale.

Reducing the milking to leg off everything and the genuine bowling on the pads, that'll see me alright for the foreseeable I reckon.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah you can produce a good game… issue is it’s the same game..

And the same issues are wearing thin now.. I shouldn’t have to manually manipulate sliders to get what I want…
For now I am not purchasing the game (Ps4). Everything I thought would be fixed by this iteration are still huge issues and pitch conditions or weather having no impact on game play is the last straw. And lack of pitch wear visuals is just criminal. But hey let BA focus all their attention on getting the Xbox version up to the current buggy build so they can grab more money while they can

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
For now I am not purchasing the game (Ps4). Everything I thought would be fixed by this iteration are still huge issues and pitch conditions or weather having no impact on game play is the last straw. And lack of pitch wear visuals is just criminal. But hey let BA focus all their attention on getting the Xbox version up to the current buggy build so they can grab more money while they can
Just in terms of visual pitch wear (can't comment on the other stuff).

I've got another one coming for a dusty pitch, but I'm still only on day 3 and the changes aren't as pronounced tbh.

If those visual changes have any quantifiable effect on actual game play remains to be seen. I'd say I've visually felt like pitches have done a bit more later in games, but I certainly don't have any actual data to back it up right now.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just in terms of visual pitch wear (can't comment on the other stuff).

I've got another one coming for a dusty pitch, but I'm still only on day 3 and the changes aren't as pronounced tbh.

If those visual changes have any quantifiable effect on actual game play remains to be seen. I'd say I've visually felt like pitches have done a bit more later in games, but I certainly don't have any actual data to back it up right now.

It changes but cracks arnt appearing.. not for me anyway..

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I play with the 1st person camera, and leaning right into the pitch for a forward defensive allows me to look closely at the pitch.

I'd say there are cracks in it, but they're really small ones, like the surface is breaking up, rather than the wider, long lines you'd traditionally expect.

I'll try and get a video later, shouldn't hurt me to just prod an over out on day 3. You'll probably need the video in the highest def YouTube will offer to see what I mean tho!

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Though a small thing but significant I asked Ross about Thermal Imaging here is your answer from Him, We incorrectly believed that the thermal imaging was not going to be used in the Ashes test series, this is being corrected and it will be introduced.

Users who are viewing this thread