Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So this is on semi-auto - and I am using an internal thing to force edges every ball to get more catch chances - this is what I get for the catching.

View attachment 263680

Can someone post what they are getting? Maybe some thin edges might be different or something, so not all cases, etc.
Not the conversation you are having but is there any chance we can get an option where for thin edges and batpad catches the catching will be automatic by the wicketkeeper/fielder without the camera change? But still keep other sort of catches as manual. Right now it's redundant to review for edges as I know immediately if there was an edge or batpad catches or not.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I've given up on the game atm.

Batting too easy
Bowling too hard
Simulations is disastrous.
AI fielding comical
AI field placements needs a lot of development.
AI use of bowlers in limited overs questionable with last 20% of overs bowled by batsman at times.
Press conferences pointless

There is a lot of potential in the game but every patch seems to be doing bad to the game than good. Pointless to keep playing like this.
Agreed. I think you can make batting interesting with sliders but the fact that you can't even play some of the shots makes it even more annoying :(

cricboi

Club Captain
Is there a way to reset the game without re-downloading/installing it? With new IPL rosters I'm thinking it might just be faster to start fresh,download national teams, re-skill all the test squads, and then download new IPLs teams and create new players for T20. Anyone have experience starting fresh or is my best bet to just delete and download again ? On ps4 btw.

Last edited:

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've given up on the game atm.

Batting too easy
Bowling too hard
Simulations is disastrous.
AI fielding comical
AI field placements needs a lot of development.
AI use of bowlers in limited overs questionable with last 20% of overs bowled by batsman at times.
Press conferences pointless

There is a lot of potential in the game but every patch seems to be doing bad to the game than good. Pointless to keep playing like this.
Couldn’t agree more. I kept on playing with the bugs until last Wednesday’s patch but had to quit playing after that. They just messed up the game big time. I wonder if some of the bugs will ever get fixed. If this game remains unplayable even after 2 and a half months after release, it is just ridiculous. Devs must accept defeat and give refund to the people who want it. I think they will have to patch it for at least a few months to get a good game out of it. I don’t think BA is going to spend their time on Cricket 22 forever.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Is there a way to reset the game without re-downloading/installing it? With new IPL rosters I'm thinking it might just be faster to start fresh,download national teams, re-skill all the test squads, and then download new IPLs teams and create new players for T20. Anyone have experience starting fresh or is my best bet to just delete and download again ? On ps4 btw.
You can start fresh by resetting the academy. Press the button for the Settings menu on the main menu, then select 'Reset Academy' and tick all the boxes.

I'd never advise re-downloading - it'll be the exact same data.

cricboi

Club Captain
You can start fresh by resetting the academy. Press the button for the Settings menu on the main menu, then select 'Reset Academy' and tick all the boxes.

Thanks! This is def the option I was looking for. :)

s0074845

Club Captain
Have you reskilled your players? If you take poor batters and drop their judgement right down as a minimum, it cuts a lot of this out. I get it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it is a solution.

Also, there's a slider for making poor batters more likely to play poorly. Turn that right down for good measure (it's an inverted slider from memory, lower the number, greater the effect).
Yes I reskilled all the players but did not pay attention to turn the judgement down for 9,10 and 11. Thanks for that I will do that and restart my series again

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah that everyone gets it. The point is when 9,10,11 bat like top order batsman is the issue .

Sorry to ask why you keep asking people to raise tickets to BA when they have said not to create duplicate tickets for same issue
I really didn't want duplicate tickets flow. But I want to to communicate properly to BA about the issue by few players

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

@MattW plz fix the gameplay first as its more than 2 months and we dont have correct batting shots, basic fielding and normal bowling.
I think in any sports game if gameplay is broken rest all stuff is useless.

Thanks

Lassana_Dias

School Cricketer
@MattW I am not capable of downloading any teams from academy for months now. Everytime i try it says the server is not available or game crashes. Is there any fix for this what so ever

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Also I'd love to know how Big Ant developing an AFL game is confirmation that Cricket 22 is going to be 500 times better than C19.

From this post by burdi, m sure he neither played c19 nor c22, he is paid BA resource for praising Ross and how C22 is fantastic …
Lol

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW I am not capable of downloading any teams from academy for months now. Everytime i try it says the server is not available or game crashes. Is there any fix for this what so ever
The support team would need to collect your save data to investigate further. Some cases if you can't access the server may be related to your internet provider, but obviously shouldn't be crashing.

If you have an existing ticket, let me know the number and I'll get that escallated.

@MattW plz fix the gameplay first as its more than 2 months and we dont have correct batting shots, basic fielding and normal bowling.
Every patch will have gameplay and non-gameplay elements to it - different people work on different things. I can keep saying this to every post that complains about things other than gameplay being worked on, or to each "little timmy" post you want to make, but it'll keep being the same answer.

I'd like to actually know what you mean on "normal bowling" because I really have not seen many if any posts with issues about bowling, other than difficulty. Fielding and batting continue to patch after patch have work done on them, with a lot on batting in this week, and a few important fielding changes.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
The support team would need to collect your save data to investigate further. Some cases if you can't access the server may be related to your internet provider, but obviously shouldn't be crashing.

If you have an existing ticket, let me know the number and I'll get that escallated.

Every patch will have gameplay and non-gameplay elements to it - different people work on different things. I can keep saying this to every post that complains about things other than gameplay being worked on, or to each "little timmy" post you want to make, but it'll keep being the same answer.

I'd like to actually know what you mean on "normal bowling" because I really have not seen many if any posts with issues about bowling, other than difficulty. Fielding and batting continue to patch after patch have work done on them, with a lot on batting in this week, and a few important fielding changes.
Thanks for the response @MattW , I've raised this earlier. Sorry for the repetition.

But atleast in limited overs field placement could you remove short mid on and short mid off and keep them at mid on and mid off. Straight drives are so easy in the game and half the time the short mid on/off fielder reacts late or jump over the ball..

Then in some of the field preset there are multiple fielders covering almost same lines which leaves big gap at someplace else. If this can be solved people won't feel that batting is too easy.

Really sorry for repeating but such instances really does question us on whether playing this game or not.

Users who are viewing this thread