Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Steam
1. Keeper giving byes again don't know after which patch, mostly evident in test matches which i played after long time, more than 40 runs in byes
2. DRS lost even after umpires call
3. In tests after green zone most of the times batsmen goes t20 mode too much, they should attack but calculatingly
4. Slow motion in special shots if played earlier or late
5. Should have freedom to increase DRS count in limited overs cricket, currently only 1 available

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I mean I can explain again that there's more than one person who works on things if you like?

Yes - there's work being done on cross gen play - because it's the overwhelming feedback on Big XIs that people like the mode but finding a match is tough, especially with there now being a split between the players on previous and current gen consoles.

The Test the Best mode was always planned to return, but similar to Big XIs, it was pushed back to allow people who would work on that feature to complete other things first.

There's a bunch of work continuing to be done in career mode, on stability improvements, on performance, on online match quality, the academy - including download and search speed, gameplay including AI tuning and fielding and more. Some of that you'll see in this week's patch, some of it might be the next one or the one after that.

----

Would just make a wider comment on tickets, I think people over estimate the separation there - the support site is there as the official support channel - as opposed to the social media pages, but we try and get your feedback from many sources - including posts on here. You're telling the same people the same thing if you post it on here vs putting in a ticket.

I would recommend putting in a ticket if the cases where you have a specific issue with a save you have - as that is the simplest path to be able to uniquely check and follow up with you - but if you have a request or just comments about the game, making a ticket and making a post end up in the same pile that we work from in terms of identifying and prioritising requests, problems and feedback.

It's just a weird situation to be on here reading posts complaining about fatigue in putting in tickets - I can and do see your posts, others on the team see your posts or can be linked to them to follow up.

The bug report thread is very underutilised - the clean thread of just the specific issues is very helpful for ensuring things are not missed in here - both from the discussion moving on factor, or just for the ease of those at Big Ant seeing the posts.

Thanks for an essay, i have reported all 5 bugs that i highlighted here. Lets see how support team will address these bugs in which mostly are i think basic gameplay for a cricket game.

1647496214607.png

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
atleast got some smile :D on face , after long time waiting of patch

View attachment 265165
Cricket game is not like playing fifa, there you can play a blast and fun going match which last 10 minutes or so... Even if you want to play a T20 game, it takes time, and for test match you can calculate your self how much time it takes to complete... Someone believes, that game will improve and he tried his best to play and report the bug too, after paying full amount... But what he gets in return? Bad game and the insult in social media platform...

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
If you have specific tickets I can follow up and find out the status of them, but in general there's too high of a volume to give an individual followup when there's not a need to get more information directly from you.

Vague statements are very hard to follow up with and work on - especially when people play an over and make conclusions on a new patch or generalise from one match that the whole AI has changed or something.

Honestly, the most important bit of feedback missing is people saying when something they did think was a problem, and actually following up when it's better. People generally just go silent about something - but I don't know if that's people giving up on posting about something, or that they are now happy. It can then also lead to continuing to try new changes that some people then end up saying "why did you change this, it was fine" to.

There should be a number of improvements to fielding - particularly on the wicketkeeper - in this update. We'll then have to see what the feedback after this point is like and then work out what is next.
It was me and @AJ MODS that took the decision of posting a negative review of the game.

I’m sure the team can fix all the small fielding bugs in the game, it’s the AI that everyone is mostly worried about.

The game is supposed to feel real and in the current state neither long format nor shorter formats feel real at all.

I know it’s a vague description of what the problem is, there are a lot of people testing the game currently who can help you out.

If they’re not able to help you, get someone from the testing team to contact us and we can share some points that will help the game.

We also don’t want the developers to get a hit because of the negative reviews so we will change our reviews when we see the game in a better place.

Also, it’s better I don’t talk about what Ross tweeted out.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks for an essay, i have reported all 5 bugs that i highlighted here. Lets see how support team will address these bugs in which mostly are i think basic gameplay for a cricket game.
Scrolling through other tickets you've reported - the vast majority are things that were resolved in previous updates, which I'd have hoped would indicate that previous tickets you've put in were looked at and actioned. It is obviously too late for anything new you've reported in the last half hour to be resolved directly because of your tickets for this upcoming patch - but as mentioned, fielding will be improved.

I'll check the status on those graphical glitches pre-match, but know that one's logged.

I know it’s a vague description of what the problem is, there are a lot of people testing the game currently who can help you out.

If they’re not able to help you, get someone from the testing team to contact us and we can share some points that will help the game.

We also don’t want the developers to get a hit because of the negative reviews so we will change our reviews when we see the game in a better place.
I don't see how anyone benefits from this approach - a vague negative review won't help someone make a buying decision and it doesn't help us improve things. Trying to get us to take a guess at what your issues are with the product in the hope we stumble on the right improvements to make you happy isn't the best way for us to give you a better product.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Scrolling through other tickets you've reported - the vast majority are things that were resolved in previous updates, which I'd have hoped would indicate that previous tickets you've put in were looked at and actioned. It is obviously too late for anything new you've reported in the last half hour to be resolved directly because of your tickets for this upcoming patch - but as mentioned, fielding will be improved.

I'll check the status on those graphical glitches pre-match, but know that one's logged.

I don't see how anyone benefits from this approach - a vague negative review won't help someone make a buying decision and it doesn't help us improve things. Trying to get us to take a guess at what your issues are with the product in the hope we stumble on the right improvements to make you happy isn't the best way for us to give you a better product.
I think posting points here doesn’t help at all. How about getting us in contact with someone who tests the game is the best way to go about it?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yes you are right that behavior of AI needs to change specially
- In test match or FC game, once you bring on spinners and with silly point and leg slip fielding position whole AI can be easily got out in one spell.
- AI batting script in t20 is way obvious and that also need to change with game situation

But what i think as far direction goes for this game so far, they are more focus towards customization, display, online bigXI, cross gen etc instead basic gameplay or challenging AI in a match.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
While selecting SEAM ANGLE with Left stick in Pro controls and while leaving the ball in batting with pro controls with PS5 version Dual sense controller not vibrating but on PS4 version the vibration working beautifully
I never knew it was supposed to do you have to turn on in settings ?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

I guess the issue is the last patch(1st week march) taking the game backwards in terms of gameplay comparing the 4th of February patch. Till then many users were hoping the game getting better with each patch.

But to be honest the last patch was bad. Keeper, catching, running had massive issues with it. The big xi mode had multiple issues with it. I used to be someone who spend 3-4 hours on the game on a daily basis. Since the last patch (except the day it got released) I've hardly played because of the above mentioned issues.

And that has transpired to some of the negative things been said. Though such comments are not going to help anyone like you rightly pointed out, some are really frustrated to keep seeing this on a product they have paid in full and which was released 4 months before.

I know your team is working on it but when everyone was expecting a patch last week, it was communicated at the last hour that the patches will be fortnightly. If that communication was prior many wouldn't have been pissed.

Yesterday everyone was again waiting and last hour same thing again. If the communication can be little upfront a lot of these things can be managed.

It certainly doesn't help when new patches pull the game backwards, either give it hotfixes or revoke back to the previous patch where things were far better would be my suggestion. Again no disrespect meant to anyone who commented negatively nor big ant who have been trying to fix it.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Let me post few previous tickets which still unaddressed ... Regarding new tickets, i am not asking to fix right away, at-least consider those and try to fix in 2-3 months

Fielder forget to field or catch #9320
Ball Tail option not working properly #8330
Batsman can easily move too leg or off position #8263
Overthrows lead to boundary are back #9318
Request to add “Ground wear option” #9377
AI bowled 47 wides at hardest difficulty in test match #8844

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think posting points here doesn’t help at all. How about getting us in contact with someone who tests the game is the best way to go about it?
Please give it a shot.

Posting it publicly means people can comment on whether something you experience is a more general issue, whether people agree that it's something, or if others do something that helps them minimise an issue - or simply that it's a difference in how you play vs how others play the game. It's hard to get that when taking feedback tickets in isolation, as it's just one perspective. Consensus is a lot easier to action than one person's opinion, as there's lots of people playing the game - and as I noted, lots of people don't comment when they are happy with something, but are very vocal when unhappy, but might take part in a discussion.

Multiple members of the BA staff (myself included, as you can see by this post) read this forum, and where needed, posts are passed on to the testing team, or where possible directly actioned.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It was me and @AJ MODS that took the decision of posting a negative review of the game.

I’m sure the team can fix all the small fielding bugs in the game, it’s the AI that everyone is mostly worried about.

The game is supposed to feel real and in the current state neither long format nor shorter formats feel real at all.

Also, it’s better I don’t talk about what Ross tweeted out.
Completely with you on this one. I mean who does insult you publicly on a social media platform for writing a negative review. The option to write a review in steam is there for a reason. That particular tweet just made me lose all the self control I had. He is just so arrogant and ignorant towards customers

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Posting stuff here isn't given proper feedback that the developer acknowledges or even sees what all is being posted here, same case with bug report thread and the "support site" where I have raised many tickets and none of them even get that stale reply of 'Thanks for sending us your feedback' and obviously whatever Ross keeps on doing in Twitter..

So, I guess people find no motivation to post bugs/problems if the developer is not even gonna recognize that he has seen let alone work on it, then I guess we can go on that loop of 'you guys always say broken but don't mention it specifically' and 'we have paid you for the game in Dec but still we are eagerly waiting for patches 4 months later'

And even you Matt, you come just on the day where Patch is gonna release & make these swift posts and then disappear for the next fortnight or whatever Ross is gonna inform us before he's gonna sleep..

Last edited:

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Please make a post in the bugs thread with a video and a listing out of the camera options you have - fielding/batting/bowling etc. We tried to look at this from a previous comment and couldn't work out what you were referring to.

Should have fielding a lot better in this next update, and work continues on AI bowling length, likely the next patch after this one should have some improvements.

Again - a list like that is actionable - just saying stuff like "broken" or "bad AI" isn't something you can work on.

Maybe just DM me your PSN(?) profile ID, so I can get a save data collection thing, then I can get all your settings and play the game with your setup and see if it will happen.
I will try to make a video of it when I play the game next time. Currently using different settings because of the issue. But the settings which had problems were Broadcast 1, Broadcast 3, Broadcast 1, Broadcast 3, when put in the order from top to bottom in the camera settings. I also have a ticket lodged about this issue about 10 days ago

Users who are viewing this thread