Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'll get in touch with him and share what I feel about the game and he can pass those things to you.
I don't see a need to communicate through third parties - you have a direct way of getting the attention of the people who work on the game by posting on this site. I mean you can if you want to, but it's going to be less effective.

Like based on the list in your post above - maybe someone else can find a way of explaining "ball felt heavier" with something more specific - that others know that's piece of feedback the community can see it and help get additional insight that could improve that. I don't know if it is something that would be visually obvious on an old version or not, etc. If people know more, more info would be helpful.

Similarly, a number of patches ago some AI tuning went in that should have helped with chases - if there's a mention in an old post of that, and then no or fewer newer mentions, my only conclusion has to be that what we did worked or helped. So yeah, things need to occasionally be repeated to ensure that where something remains an issue, we are aware that people still believe it's an issue - especially in cases it has been called out in a patch note, but many smaller changes are not called out or are said as general gameplay improvements.

On PS5, the controller lacking of vibrations unlike PS4
I've not had a chance to personally try it out, but I know there should be a number of vibration things resolved in this upcoming update.

And even you Matt, you come just on the day where Patch is gonna release & make these swift posts and then disappear for the next fortnight or whatever Ross is gonna inform us before he's gonna sleep..
In general, those are the two times I'll have something to say - responding to initial feedback, and talking about what should be in the new update as it comes. If there's something I can add between updates I'll post, but I do need to balance the time I spend at work on here with the other tasks I have.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
ross just wants every praising him else u would be blocked .....

Last edited by a moderator:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Seeing as everyone is losing the plot though I’d chime in here.

The only thing I can say is I have spoken to some of the BA guys this week and been spending hours testing a certain element of the AI that is a common complaint.

These guys are taking to me at 11pm their time and replying again at 6-7am there time.

They are tweaking builds to test daily and taking time to discuss feedback and explain how things can be improved. To the point where last night there was a small breakthrough.

The game isn’t what we wanted at launch. It isn’t what many want now. It certainly didn’t go to plan whatever the plan may be and I hammered it on release.

But these guys are working hours and hour each and every day trying to sort stuff.

It may well be that it never gets to the level that people want. I love Call of Duty but I hated Vanguard this year and don’t play it.

I can fault some of the decisions that were made but from my experience I can’t fault the effort and determination to fix things.

I will say.. Ross could do BA a few favours by getting off social media but he’s the boss.

Last edited:

hk613

School Cricketer
Why has it gotten to a point that it is 3+ months now and they need our suggestions and thoughts on improvements. I mean don't the developers or member of the BA team watch cricket ? things like AI behaviour in run chases, Bowling side to the left handers, How to approach test innings build up etc. are basics that every person who watches cricket understands. why were these things not implemented at first ?

We understand that bugs like fielding dives, keeper not catching, batting shots glitched requires customers feedbacks and suggestions BUT the AI tunning should have been done from starting if BA really understands cricket !

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

The only thing I can say is I have spoken to some of the BA guys this week and been spending hours testing a certain element of the AI that is a common complaint.

These guys are taking to me at 11pm their time and replying again at 6-7am there time.

They are tweaking builds to test daily and taking time to discuss feedback and explain how things can be improved. To the point where last night there was a small breakthrough.

The game isn’t what we wanted at launch. It isn’t what many want now. It certainly didn’t go to plan whatever the plan may be and I hammered it on release.

But these guys are working hours and hour each and every day trying to sort stuff.

It may well be that it never gets to the level that people want. I love Call of Duty but I hated Vanguard this year and don’t play it.

I can’t fault some of the decisions that were made but from my experience I can’t fault the effort and determination to fix things.

I will say.. Ross could do BA a few favours by getting off social media but he’s the boss.
Agree with lots of this the game now compared to first release is night and day and I have noticed a huge improvement in lots of aspects of the game, I play fifa and nfl and there are bits of that game that does my head in and annoys me and I go months without playing it but cricket 22 I play 4/5 hours a day every day and I absolutely love it despite its few flaws that annoy me. I think the AI has improved massively and plays to what’s happening rather than what feels scripted and any improvements on that would be great and it’s also great that players are helping BA try to put things right and the community on here is unbelievable creating the kits and stadiums and sliders etc

I see a lot of negativity and anger and some is understandable but I don’t think it’s far off at all

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Surely Ross has a boss now that Nacon are in charge?

I can fault some of the decisions that were made but from my experience I can’t fault the effort and determination to fix things.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Why has it gotten to a point that it is 3+ months now and they need our suggestions and thoughts on improvements. I mean don't the developers or member of the BA team watch cricket ? things like AI behaviour in run chases, Bowling side to the left handers, How to approach test innings build up etc. are basics that every person who watches cricket understands. why were these things not implemented at first ?

We understand that bugs like fielding dives, keeper not catching, batting shots glitched requires customers feedbacks and suggestions BUT the AI tunning should have been done from starting if BA really understands cricket !

There’s also LOADS of kids etc who don’t give a crap about any of that and just love smashing about with their mates and would be arsed to ever leave a review!

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
only answer what i find might be developers for this game are from AO tennis.....

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
There’s also LOADS of kids etc who don’t give a crap about any of that and just love smashing about with their mates and would be arsed to ever leave a review!
What about the rest of them?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Well, this has been a fun catch up read!

Whole place is in meltdown and the patch hasn't even gone live yet haha
I will say, credit to Matt for sticking his head up time and again. He gets blasted every time but kudos for the guy for not only toeing the party line but being fairly rational about it as well!

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Apparently right to Opinion is called as being a dick according to Mr. Ross.
why is their a option to write a review on steam then!
Thanks mate that di*k has blocked me and I was struggling to find his response to me.

I effing bought 6 of his titles despite not being a tennis fan to support his studio. And I get blocked when I was not even abusing him.

I've fought with twitter guys who kept abusing him and BA at the time of release.

I don't think anyone can stoop this low.

Users who are viewing this thread