Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Thanks mate that di*k has blocked me and I was struggling to find his response to me.

I effing bought 6 of his titles despite not being a tennis fan to support his studio. And I get blocked when I was not even abusing him.

I've fought with twitter guys who kept abusing him and BA at the time of release.

I don't think anyone can stoop this low.
Welcome to the club

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I totally understand some of the frustration when not so long ago in this thread someone brought up when a batsman nicks the ball (nearly always off a spinner) and the camera zooms out to a long distance away.

Matt states that they'd tried to investigate this and couldn't get it happening. Well, I've seen many people talk about it on here, but it's taken it being brought up again (during a time where some are getting fed up) for Matt to come back on and ask for more info. It's a two way street, yes we the gamers need to provide detailed information, totally agree. On the other hand, none of us knew that Big Ant couldn't replicate it until today after all this time?

Here's some more info on that one. I'm on PS5.
Camera settings:
Bowling: Broadcast 1
Fielding: Broadcast 2
Batting: Broadcast 1
Running: Broadcast 3
Pro Cam Catch Camera - Tick
vs Bowling: Broadcast 1
vs Fielding: Broadcast 2

I hope that helps, but would be nice to hear from you if it doesn't.

My camera settings also have given me the "almost no time catching games" from time to time, with all infielders including the wicketkeeper and in the outfield occasional super, suuuuppppeeer slo-mo'ed catches.

Through these camera settings you'll also possibly see really poor catching cam view angles for the wicket keeper.

On top of that, you might find players diving and missing balls hit right to them. I used to believe when it was said that it only happened when they would not have reached them anyway. That might have been the case in the preceding patch, but it does happen now.

Players taking forever to remember that they'd just tapped back the ball from the boundary, yep that's still there.

The controller not registering inputs for throws back to keeper or bowler? Especially when R1 and circle or X are input together? (Not only those inputs though) Yep, still there, has been reported a looong time back. Is it something unable to be replicated?

Overall the game is not "broken", but it still has key elements that alter game outcomes and results. That's "broken's" next door neighbour.

We know a lot has been done to improve the game and yes thank you, but it has not been too great recently with a backwards or at least a sideways step patch two weeks ago. Then a last minute goal post shift last week, then a drought of communication on here until the last 24hrs, then another release movement yesterday. I think people have some grounds for their legitimate thoughts.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I totally understand some of the frustration when not so long ago in this thread someone brought up when a batsman nicks the ball (nearly always off a spinner) and the camera zooms out to a long distance away.

Matt states that they'd tried to investigate this and couldn't get it happening. Well, I've seen many people talk about it on here, but it's taken it being brought up again (during a time where some are getting fed up) for Matt to come back on and ask for more info. It's a two way street, yes we the gamers need to provide detailed information, totally agree. On the other hand, none of us knew that Big Ant couldn't replicate it until today after all this time?

Camera settings:

My camera settings also have given me the "almost no time catching games" from time to time, with all infielders including the wicketkeeper and in the outfield occasional super, suuuuppppeeer slo-mo'ed catches.

Through these camera settings you'll also possibly see really poor catching cam view angles for the wicket keeper.

On top of that, you might find players diving and missing balls hit right to them. I used to believe when it was said that it only happened when they would not have reached them anyway. That might have been the case in the preceding patch, but it does happen now.

Players taking forever to remember that they'd just tapped back the ball from the boundary, yep that's still there.

The controller not registering inputs for throws back to keeper or bowler? Especially when R1 and circle or X are input together? (Not only those inputs though) Yep, still there, has been reported a looong time back. Is it something unable to be replicated?

Overall the game is not "broken", but it still has key elements that alter game outcomes and results. That's "broken's" next door neighbour.

We know a lot has been done to improve the game and yes thank you, but it has not been too great recently with a backwards or at least a sideways step patch two weeks ago. Then a last minute goal post shift last week, then a drought of communication on here until the last 24hrs, then another release movement yesterday. I think people have some grounds for their legitimate thoughts.
Batting mid and batting far are better camera options. Just try them

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

Camera settings:

Quick question that’s been bugging me on the cameras. What exactly is the Vs Bowling and Vs fielding camera option ?

sonimrajk

International Cricketer

Camera settings:

I hope this is the zoom out issue you are talking about.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I think Ross' problem is he's too heavily involved in the community.

The Big Ant account is largely quiet as Ross is the port of call for feedback/support/suggestions on twitter.

I'm not saying he should go fully silent but the shit he deals with isn't what a CEO of a relatively large company should be dealing with, the BAS account should be a go to for the support tweets etc and tweeting info on patches, I'd like to see better comms from the dev team (Trello boards) so we as players know what their priorities are and Ross just needs to have time to run his company.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Just trying to eliminate the AI going full Viv Richards on us in Tests etc.

It’s still not ideal… but rather than aerial it’s more aggressive ground shots on the deck or flying catchable height if miss timed.
Have you tried playing T20s? What's your take on that?

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I hope this is the zoom out issue you are talking about.
Yes thank you, but is slightly more pronounced on my console. Although Big Ant can't find it as yet unfortunately.
Post automatically merged:

Quick question that’s been bugging me on the cameras. What exactly is the Vs Bowling and Vs fielding camera option ?
How it views for 2 humans playing each other.

hk613

School Cricketer
I think Ross' problem is he's too heavily involved in the community.

The Big Ant account is largely quiet as Ross is the port of call for feedback/support/suggestions on twitter.

I'm not saying he should go fully silent but the shit he deals with isn't what a CEO of a relatively large company should be dealing with, the BAS account should be a go to for the support tweets etc and tweeting info on patches, I'd like to see better comms from the dev team (Trello boards) so we as players know what their priorities are and Ross just needs to have time to run his company.
Still he is not justified calling his customers d**k just because they gave the game a negative review.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Still he is not justified calling his customers d**k just because they gave the game a negative review.
The guy is indeed a d**k for spending countless hours in creating content for a game developer for free, yep pretty much d**k to me.
Post automatically merged:

Ross probably want we should buy his game and then start worshiping him too for giving our hard earned money to him. Yep we all are d**k indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread