Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
@MattW

I was talking about how the AI should be improved, I've made a list of what changes I think should made to the AI. This is for short form of the game and some of them can be applicable for longer format as well.

Everyone who's not happy with the AI can join this conversation and point additional stuff out. People who have been talking about the AI it's your time to speak up so that the team can at least hear what the issues are. Please don't ignore this.

First,
The dab that AI plays at fine third man needs to be balanced. I think it happens way to often. I'm okay with this being played. Something that can be done with the shot is that sometimes AI fails to find the gap and the ball reaches fly slip or short third man or the batsman just misses the ball completely.

Second, I have noticed that almost all the time spinners bowl 2-3 of the overs at death.(last five overs) Mostly it's the Spinning allrounders that get to bowl these overs. Plus if you haven't got enough spinners in the game, fast bowling all rounders will bowl those overs. You can prioritize fast bowling bowlers, then fast bowling all rounders and then spinners to bowl in the last five. Bowlers with a death bowling or similar perk can have a priority set as well.

Third, Last ball smashes in shorter formats. I don't mind the last ball smashes in the shorter format of the game. If the batsman have only scored a couple of runs in the over I'm sure they'd want to score big on the last ball. But I think you can add instances when they are not able to hit/connect those shots. Having a balance between both would be great. And if you could squeeze in a rare maiden over in T20s it would feel great. Those are very rare but they do happen.

Fourth, having a balance of spinners and pacers taking wickets. Right now, mostly spinners dominate the wickets chart no matter what pitch you're playing on.
A good balance would be to have 50/50 wickets on standard pitches. 75/25 on a spin friendly or a pace friendly pitches.

Fifth, having variety of wickets. I think wickets can be categorized into three sections. One, bowled and lbws. Second, caught behind or at slips/gully. Third, catches in the 30 yard circle and outfield. (I know I left out runouts!). Having a balance of these three depending on the kind of pitches would be nice.

Sixth, Step out shots. I think only batsman with good skills be able to play these shots. I saw a tail ender try to step out and hit a bowler for six. He missed which was nice but if he would have been out as stumped it would have been better.

Seventh, I think the AI has already decided what bowlers are going to have a good/bad day. So If a bowler starts his first two overs with a low economy rate, he won't have a bad day at all. His next two overs are going to go better than everyone else. Same goes for the bowler that goes for a lot of runs in the first two, will go for more in the next two as well. I think bowlers should have a chance to make a come back or just go for a lot more in the next spell.

Eight, If AI Batsman has been dropped by a fielder, the AI will make sure that a wicket falls in the next few balls. Mostly in a similar fashion.

Last, (For now) I see that you've worked on how AI chases the scores down. I'd love to have close matches even If the AI going to chase the total down. Also, sometimes you can make a match swing a bit in favor of a team that wasn't going to win it will add a bit of depth to the game.

It would be great if people can join in on this conversation and share their thoughts.

I also have a list of bugs that I want to share. Hope you won't mind a similar kind of post in the coming days.
I think the AI bring spin bowlers on way to early in test matches,they always come on before the 20th over,mainly because it only allows the quicks to bowl 4 over spells,no matter how well they are bowling.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Anyone know how to get rid of the “press square to skip” graphic when fielding ?

Attachments

• 914D2678-D882-431E-9617-FDAF24249516.jpeg
    914D2678-D882-431E-9617-FDAF24249516.jpeg
    993.2 KB · Views: 24

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
My first impression was...not a good one.

First over bowling, easy one to cover, but no, instead he dives over it and they ease three, you can see the ball in the shadow under him.

Lets hope this isnt too common...

1647554679448.png

Attachments

• 1647554664893.png
    1647554664893.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Absolute joke, this is the one of the main modes of play and yet is completely forgotten about. Matt said career mode was getting a patch weeks ago, do we even reckon they know about the hundreds of bugs and items missing. Nearly 4 months of being patient is wearing a bit thin now.
I don't write the patch notes - but give it a go - there's a number of things in career mode that have been improved.

Of note, perk and proficiency level ups now are as intended, and there have been some improvements to the accuracy of press conferences and cut scenes. There's more work ongoing.

--

Thanks for a few people with some detailed posts overnight, I'll work though those today.

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't write the patch notes - but give it a go - there's a number of things in career mode that have been improved.

Of note, perk and proficiency level ups now are as intended, and there have been some improvements to the accuracy of press conferences and cut scenes. There's more work ongoing.

--

Thanks for a few people with some detailed posts overnight, I'll work though those today.
I don't envy you Matt and though i do understand peoples frustrations on here at least you come on here you don't have to say anything but you do and yeah i get frustrated to like how the fielders dive over the ball etc and other things but im glad dat least you converse here and face the music so at least thank you for that

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

--

Ok that's a great start. I believe the priority for the user is the more the level of detail accessible such as being able to see final team/player standings after a tournament finishes and also future fixtures and the old C19 selection chance screen for all the tournaments around the world for example. The career mode thread is the best place to know what is wrong with that mode. Thanks for responding :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
With those fielder dives, what's the want, that they are always perfect? Lots of feedback was that fielders would just basically be walls - stopping absolutely everything in their path perfectly, etc.

Maybe the balance isn't perfect in the other direction, but the improving that will need to know things like what their fielding skills are like, as those examples above are with edited teams, there are users who have down rated players, which would be a factor, among others.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Bad news as soon as I boot the game, Playfaces for community made Teams is messed up AGAIN..
I'd need more information - what platform you're on, specific teams you're referring to, etc. This is the only post I've seen with someone getting this.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
With those fielder dives, what's the want, that they are always perfect? Lots of feedback was that fielders would just basically be walls - stopping absolutely everything in their path perfectly, etc.

Maybe the balance isn't perfect in the other direction, but the improving that will need to know things like what their fielding skills are like, as those examples above are with edited teams, there are users who have down rated players, which would be a factor, among others.
No, i dont want it that they are always perfect and stop everything, thats not realistic either, its just that the diving over the ball is way too common, Ive just bowled 25 overs straight and ive seen at least 6 or 7 instances. If it could be toned down somewhat, thats all id ask.

Appreciate you trying to understand and help - im not having a pop, just pointing out things that may need more balancing.

Users who are viewing this thread