Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can anyone tell me who’s action is bowling action 1 (fast) supposed to be!

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Were you hoping every catch would be taken?
I have never had it happen before, is this normal? I thought that was the point of the mini game.

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Not a clue if its normal. But I wouldn't want to catch every ball. Even with the mini game
If it’s a design feature then so be it, just a massive culmination of fielding bugs and errors which are currently going on. Edges to the keeper are impossible to take as the mini game pops up for a split second with no time to react, throwing to the keeper who lets it go by, fielders walking up to a stationary ball and entering into the dropping a knee animation for no reason, fielders dolphin diving over a ball regularly, having a sky ball go out to the outfield for the fielders to remain flat footed and take it on the bounce. Just overall frustrated at the moment, the batting and bowling is fun, but the fielding just seems so concrete boots stuck in the mud. Absolutely love the game but motivation to play is just sinking like a lead balloon.

dazzer269

School Cricketer
I have been playing cricket games from Brian Lara cricket times. Have not seen anything like this. Wow! I will stick to Cricket 19 for the foreseeable future..
Do people not realize that the organic-ness of a fielder dropping a catch, wherever it may be on the outfield, is like real life?

Why do people insist every catch attempt has to be a catch? Do people not notice the ball physics as it falls out of the fielders hands, just like in real life?

Ok, I 99% of the time just watch CPU vs CPU, but everytime I see a mis-fielding, I witness an organic outcome, and for me, that is realistic.

Happy to be corrected of course, as I don't know if the issue people have is that this happens too much rather than that it happens at all. when using the C22 catching camera?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AI played a magnificent shot in a T20 game. What a brilliant shot. AI batter coming down the track and changed the shot in the last minute. Super

Attachments

• XmOrWtVxh6I5gGGS.mp4
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Do people not realize that the organic-ness of a fielder dropping a catch, wherever it may be on the outfield, is like real life?

Why do people insist every catch attempt has to be a catch? Do people not notice the ball physics as it falls out of the fielders hands, just like in real life?

Ok, I 99% of the time just watch CPU vs CPU, but everytime I see a mis-fielding, I witness an organic outcome, and for me, that is realistic.

Happy to be corrected of course, as I don't know if the issue people have is that this happens too much rather than that it happens at all. when using the C22 catching camera?
Issue is not with drop catches instead absent mind fielders or dumb/pathetic AI like

- fielder realize to raise his hand after high rise catch passes him
- fielder throws the ball in center of pitch and bowler/keepers dives and slowness of picking ball and standing up cause you one more single
- everytime bowler or keeper picks the throw 5 ft away from wkt and u can take one more single
- simple field or catch coming and all of sudden fielder dives in forward direction
- in t20 u r playing with 10 rpo and AI keep two slips and no fielder on mid on so one can easily hit boundaries 6 time in an over
- while playing sweep shot with ideal timing, slo mo shot comes in picture from no where i.e. 9/10 times
- in test match u bring spinners on both ends and place 5 fielders around the pitch, hardly AI survives 5-8 overs
- keeper catches the ball on slog long leg side shot … oh man

Last edited:

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Apparently right to Opinion is called as being a dick according to Mr. Ross.
why is their a option to write a review on steam then!

For the love of, make your mind up fella!! Everyone has a right to an opinion, or, opinions can now only be expressed as & when deemed permissable by your good & kind self? Not to mention, in your previous post you also intimated that those who deny others their opinions are dicks anyway.

I'll remember to check in with you first before any further forum participation in the future, boss man. (Yes, you may once again have just detected some sarcasm being expressed on this forum & your outstanding powers of deduction have not yet failed you ;).)

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I am not talking about the drop catch. God, if not anything, that adds realism to the game (and frustration as well) but what I am referring to is the second part of the video. Please watch it completely and tell me if this is expected/normal as well.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Issue is not with drop catches instead absent mind fielders or dumb/pathetic AI like

- fielder realize to raise his hand after high rise catch passes him
- fielder throws the ball in center of pitch and bowler/keepers dives and slowness of picking ball and standing up cause you one more single
- everytime bowler or keeper picks the throw 5 ft away from wkt and u can take one more single
- simple field or catch coming and all of sudden fielder dives in forward direction
- in t20 u r playing with 10 rpo and AI keep two slips and no fielder on mid on so one can easily hit boundaries 6 time in an over
- while playing sweep shot with ideal timing, slo mo shot comes in picture from no where i.e. 9/10 times
- in test match u bring spinners on both ends and place 5 fielders around the pitch, hardly AI survives 5-8 overs
- keeper catches the ball on slog long leg side shot … oh man
They should have stuck with the weekly patch until the fielding is somewhat fixed. If they are not making the fielding somewhat “playable”, two more weeks at current stage would be nightmare.

Last edited:

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Wicket keeper is now having super human reactions against spinners. Earlier he was dumb.
Looks like bigant cant balance keeper reaction times.

Users who are viewing this thread