Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I did get rid of this.. I need to get on and check settings!
I think people including me are waiting for your settings in the same excitement as waiting for Christmas to arrive:lol

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I'm so glad I purchased the game on PS5 instead of Xbox x/s.This is really concerning that when it crashes it turns the system off.Surely this can be rectified.
I am on Xbox series X and luckily I am not having these crash issues. It occured very rarely for me.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Yep, the action is intentionally quite slow based on the reference used for that action.

We're aware of those reports, just it has never occurred on any of our internal devices, development or otherwise, meaning we have nothing to go on other than trying to resolve the game crash issues where possible to reduce the potential for causes.

The miss animations play out at the intended speed.
No, miss animations play very slow sometimes. They were not playing like this couple of months ago.
Just to clarify many of the members are talking about miss animations while human batting and not AI batting

Irtileaf

Club Captain
E
I just want to voice again, as people still are asking for this, I don't think spinners are OP and need to be nerfed. I actually think spin (though pretty good as a playing experience) needs enhancing (more turn, drift and bounce in the right conditions...at the moment it feels like conditions are not really a factor). Nerfing spin bowling by reducing turn, drift and bounce will make the experience really dull...you're just bowling slowly at some point. What is needed is better AI batting against spin...not for every batter...but for those who are good against spin and when the conditions are appropriate. Lower order batters and those with a weakness to spin may still struggle (though should sometimes triumph).
Exactly mate. That's what I mean by merging spin. The AI should not just collapse against spin. The AI should be tuned. Their defence and attack should be enhanced against spin.
Also consideration should be given to pitch type. A spinner should get wickets on a green track rarely.
So yes AI tuning is desperately needed.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Correct. The current behaviour is intentional.
Seriously mate? I am speechless , it is killing the momentum of batting and feels like a bug , It wasn't there in Cricket 19 and not there in Cricket 22 when it launches , who made such intentional buggy design later? Can it get fixed so that the play and miss feels more natural?

Or is it intentional to punish the players who criticize the game by taking the natural immersion out of the play and miss shot? It should be the first most priority to sped up that slow mo animation.

It's like making a Tennis game where normal shots moving faster then the smash and saying its intentional.

Last edited:

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
We're aware of those reports, just it has never occurred on any of our internal devices, development or otherwise, meaning we have nothing to go on other than trying to resolve the game crash issues where possible to reduce the potential for causes.
Surprised me that.

Out of interest to everyone with a Series X my controller flashes before the crash. I have an official, but customer controller. I.E not the original with the console. Clutching at straws but those with the issue using a custom controller?

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW

Can we get realistic , Any Pitch Spinner are overpowered , This should be pitch and weather condition , Pitch and weather condition is not effecting current

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Surprised me that.

Out of interest to everyone with a Series X my controller flashes before the crash. I have an official, but customer controller. I.E not the original with the console. Clutching at straws but those with the issue using a custom controller?
I have a PS5, so this isn't a problem for me, but I have been seeing this come up for quite a while now and I feel a bit of concern for Xbox Series X users who're getting this extremely worrying crash. Bringing a console to full shutdown is serious.

I'd encourage any Xbox Series X users who experience it to note down anything and everything that could be relevant about the crash. Which menu are you generally in, is it crashing in-game, pause menu? What changes have you made? Created a player etc?

Tarrantino has made a good start there with noting something to do with his usage (custom controller) and it flashing. Maybe even start a thread, could find something for BA to go on.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I have a PS5, so this isn't a problem for me, but I have been seeing this come up for quite a while now and I feel a bit of concern for Xbox Series X users who're getting this extremely worrying crash. Bringing a console to full shutdown is serious.

I'd encourage any Xbox Series X users who experience it to note down anything and everything that could be relevant about the crash. Which menu are you generally in, is it crashing in-game, pause menu? What changes have you made? Created a player etc?

Tarrantino has made a good start there with noting something to do with his usage (custom controller) and it flashing. Maybe even start a thread, could find something for BA to go on.
The problem is it’s so random! I have been in the pause menu and not looking and it’s gone. The other day I was batting and Lyon was bowling, I lost all control and my controller was flashing then it cut out.
The flashing controller is the common theme.

My other thought is, is this because of quick resume? I didn’t experience a problem for a few days because I setup my old Xbox One and was playing the game between both consoles.

Those with the problem might be able to answer these questions too.

aragon

Club Cricketer
I am having issues playing shots on Leg and On side (Including Hook shots) (mostly get edges) . Anyone facing similar issue?

noys390

County Cricketer
I am having issues playing shots on Leg and On side (Including Hook shots) (mostly get edges) . Anyone facing similar issue?
The offside and onside/legside batting is unbalanced in this game. With batsman in normal stance, while it is very difficult to time a ball through legside when the delivery is an inch outside off-stump, whereas you can very easily cream a ball through cover-point region when a delivery in bowled on leg-stump. You can hit a leg-stump yorker for six through point. Due to this unbalanced batting on multiplayer everybody is taking stance way outside off-stump. Hope Bigant fixes this unbalance, if you are not allowed to hit 'out-of-off' balls through leg then by same logic balls on leg-stump/pads should not be allowed to play through offside so easily.

hk613

School Cricketer
I think batting, bowling and fielding are okay now. I know there are still a few bugs but i guess we all can agree that we can live with that but what we dont want is in trying to fix those small remaining bugs, other things get broken.
The only thing that remains unfixed is AI. AI field settings, AI bowling lengths, effect of weather conditions on game, effect of new ball in the game and Batting with LHB(which will automatically get fixed if AI Field positions and owling lengths are changed).
So Apart from AI @MattW its a request let other things as they are now with current patch. I think most of the people here will agree that we won't be able to get a 100% bug free game.
Only request is to change mentioned AI things.

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
had a little go on the new patch last night and i noticed that there seems to be a pitch marker now when bowling with pro-controls. Is this an addition or have I got a setting on somewhere that's suddenly come into effect?

I for one definitely enjoyed the new patch - especially the edges seem to be tuned nicely

Users who are viewing this thread