Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good to see people having fun with bowling. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best feeling you can have while playing a cricket game

Would like a bit better if the front foot was planted straighter down the middle of the wicket. Always feels like this is just exposing the stumps to get bowled.

See YJB planting his foot and playing all round it.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Would like a bit better if the front foot was planted straighter down the middle of the wicket. Always feels like this is just exposing the stumps to get bowled.

See YJB planting his foot and playing all round it.

In fairness. No one misses like YJB misses

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good to see people having fun with bowling. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best feeling you can have while playing a cricket game

I'll raise you a peach over that jaffar:

If that ball didn't seam away a fraction then it would have been flicked away for four.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Well, that was a somewhat disappointing half an hour. Sometimes you go to test stuff and instead of giving you what you hoped for, you get the opposite.

I tried the various settings that have been suggested on here in recent days to nerf spin.

I unequivocally failed. Emphatically so.

I've turned flight right down to 12. Revs are 17, which is also low.

I've got AI striker timing on 45, which I'll admit is on the lower side, and wicket chance on 34, which is really isn't bad. I'd say 60 timing and 30 chance are probably for good batting conditions. AI is also on legend.

Pitch friction is the only other one I've seen mentioned. I'm loathed to touch it as I don't want to mess with what seamers can do, so that's on 50.

Lord's, green deck, late day 1 into early 2 pitch with no cracks, slow wear. I wanted to bowl 25 overs of spin at the AI to see what happened. No reskilling.

It just can't help itself.

Idk, I got nothing.

The input thing I get, but after putting spin difficulty to 80, and the windows for bowling input (as you can see from the video) to literally a sliver, plus playing on remote play with lag where I don't think I hit anything better than "good" for any wicket, spin is still unstoppable.

Take out all close fielders (though I'm sure the wicket keeper will still vault out from behind the stumps and snag a few before they bounce) and just don't use the spinners on any surface with grass on?

Small sample size, but if I can make that happen, first time, then IDK.

I'm going off to put my head in Excel for a bit.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, that was a somewhat disappointing half an hour. Sometimes you go to test stuff and instead of giving you what you hoped for, you get the opposite.

I tried the various settings that have been suggested on here in recent days to nerf spin.

I've got AI striker timing on 45, which I'll admit is on the lower side, and wicket chance on 34, which is really isn't bad. I'd say 60 timing and 30 chance are probably for good batting conditions. AI is also on legend.

Pitch friction is the only other one I've seen mentioned. I'm loathed to touch it as I don't want to mess with what seamers can do, so that's on 50.

Lord's, green deck, late day 1 into early 2 pitch with no cracks, slow wear. I wanted to bowl 25 overs of spin at the AI to see what happened. No reskilling.

Idk, I got nothing.

The input thing I get, but after putting spin difficulty to 80, and the windows for bowling input (as you can see from the video) to literally a sliver, plus playing on remote play with lag where I don't think I hit anything better than "good" for any wicket, spin is still unstoppable.

Take out all close fielders (though I'm sure the wicket keeper will still vault out from behind the stumps and snag a few before they bounce) and just don't use the spinners on any surface with grass on?

I think the bat pad thing will come down to BA more than us, if they can alter it. The way I see it batter's pads are way too bouncy and seem to not react well with the physics of the ball regardless of settings.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Bangaldesh scrapping but this deak is doing bits...

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.14 - 13.01.33.50.png
Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.14 - 12.09.35.50.png

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.14 - 12.09.40.02.png
Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.14 - 12.09.44.08.png
Post automatically merged:

Idk, I got nothing.

The timing in my experience has to be 55+ minimum

Its more the fact that the green tops are bugged if anything

If you increase pitch friction it still does plenty for the seamers

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It appears with the agression change mentalities have been completely nerfed again. All in all everyone going at sort of 3.5 to the over regardless of whether they are agressive or conservative? I have a small sample size and will keep bowling.

Hester

County Cricketer

Idk, I got nothing.

I am REALLY surprised

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Figured I'd try something else, one last go to see if it made any difference.

1649940205939.png

That'll be a no then.

I think the bat pad thing will come down to BA more than us, if they can alter it. The way I see it batter's pads are way too bouncy and seem to not react well with the physics of the ball regardless of settings.

Agreed. I believe the issue to be hard coded.

Its more the fact that the green tops are bugged if anything

If you increase pitch friction it still does plenty for the seamers

Agree with this as well. Broad got 1 wicket from an inside edge playing on, with him and Anderson bowling 10 reasonable overs with the new ball. Then the spinners got 3 in two overs.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

Idk, I got nothing.

Have you tried it without the settings to nerf spin mate ? I haven’t touched anything on physics apart from the visual speed and had a great couple of ODI’s. I’m on to test match tonight see how that pans out

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Have you tried it without the settings to nerf spin mate ? I haven’t touched anything on physics apart from the visual speed and had a great couple of ODI’s. I’m on to test match tonight see how that pans out
I was happy to give it a try on default, as suggested. So this is just the base sliders, legend AI, hard bowling, default physics sliders.

60/4 after 25, all off spin on a grassy pitch at Lord's. It was easily the best I've seen the AI bat today. Mainly because the right handers actually worked the ball to leg rather than working the ball into their own pads and getting out.

Striker timing was 15 lower and AI wicket chance 13 higher than when I got 3 wickets in 2 overs in the middle of my three testing matches.

So there you have it lads, just put everything back on default and have at it.

In other news, doing this testing has magically erased my story game that I was in the middle of. Which is just lovely.

**EDIT**

Looking down my list of custom sliders that I used in sessions one and two and comparing them to default that I used for session three:

• The AI striker timing is worse
  • The AI wicket chance is higher

• There's more spin revs = more spin
  • There's way more flight
  • There's way more drift

• User spin bowling difficult is drastically lower
  • User input windows are wider, making it easier to hit perfect inputs.
Yet, the AI seems to find it easier to bat against? :flush:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread