Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Skillzy

School Cricketer
I was excited to see you bat with those slider settings and then you were playing on standard controls.. Sooooooooooo yeah nothing much to see there as once you know to time the ball the game will feel dumb.. Try pro controls with same settings then see how it goes.. And test match would feel like test match if you progress and play like test or else it never is gonna be able to replicate real life cricket feel in game as slogging is gonna be easy as fielders are gonna be close in more with big gaps all over the field..

I play on 80 Max pace and 80 on visual pace, so the ball zips through and you really gotta play proper shots, it does create the feel of seeing of certain overs and get frustrated when you were not able to put the ball away in deliveries you should have.. It is lot better feel to the gameplay.. Slowly progressing to similar sliders for short formats too but will take time but should get there..

I am not talking against standard controls but I am just saying where a control system does the maximum work and expect you to just place the region and timing right to become a legendary batsman its not gonna be fun for long.
Earlier I use to play on Pro controls when there was no standard one probably in DBC 14. But when these controls came, it felt so fluid and responsive. True it's easy to play on these one but what I did was to play on the hardest to make it challenging mainly in C19. But seems like will have to stick to the gane which is more enjoyable for me :(

Last edited:

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Hey People. Back after a long time on the forums. But, I am really stuck.

I don't know if this is a bug, but searching and downloading even a single team takes painstakingly long on PS5, academy creations. So I am just stuck playing BBL, because I can't even download the basic academy creations without spending hours waiting. Internet is all fine, using the latest patch of the game on PS5.

I absolutely love @wasteyouryouth creations, but this situation is so so annoying.
okay so after being playing this game since january on ps5 and facing the same issues, I had to figure out the solutions all by myself
And it took me a while to find it.
Hopefully it will work for u too
There are 3 solutions to it:
1) For some weird reason sometimes this happens that when you search for a particular team in community, you tend to use autotype for the team name instead of writing it fully. There is a problem in ps5 with this game if u use autotyped words for community search.

2) After you have searched for the team and now downloading it, during the download game will ask to replace the already existing players with new players or not, in that try to always select the option "replace current with new ones" bcoz for some weird reason if you select the option "keep current ones, ignore new" the teams doesnt get downloaded. So you select replace current with new ones and then do it for all future conflicts and then it will ask whether you want to replace their identity, skills, visual or stats. In that choose whatever you want to replace according to your liking.

3) If you still cant download teams by searching from community then there is one last option left. Go to manage male teams, then directly select the team you want to change, select the option "replace with highest rated version". Its a good thing that only 2 or 3 top creators have their teams rated as 5 stars, mostly it is wasteyouryouth and Anmol Joshi.So whichever team you download it will be correct one. So once you've selected replace with highest rated version, as the download progress starts just follow the same procedure mentioned in 2nd point.

Try these solutions out and let me know if it worked for you or not.

Hester

County Cricketer
Anyone getting edges off seamers??
I've been having issues. I was never getting edges off seamers (or any wickets off seamers at all actually) when I switched to legend difficulty.
I've since tweaked a bunch of sliders and made AI timing 45 and wicket chance 60. (I suck, so take with a pinch of salt). Now I'm taking some wickets off edges.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone know which slider setting reduces the speed of spin bowling?
Also, why does reducing the flight slider make the ball travel at 57mph when a bounce ball makes it travel at 53?

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
WTF have they done to the defensive shot!! It actually looks like a Yoyo connected to the bat.As far as I'm concerned the latest patch did nothing to improve gameplay and once again resulted in breaking something that was perfectly fine before and taking the game backwards.So no quick singles :( BTW thanks for fixing the Show forecast in the menu.It seems to be working for now.Also seems the stupid overthrows are back in abundance and the AI wicketkeeper letting too many byes go to the boundary.The Umpires are still calling virtually every bouncer in test mode a wide making the use of bouncers useless.Sorry if these things have been discussed but haven't played in a while and seen a post by MATTW saying that they still read this forum for feedback.Possibly some of these issues might be addressed in the new now monthly patches.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
WTF have they done to the defensive shot!! It actually looks like a Yoyo connected to the bat.As far as I'm concerned the latest patch did nothing to improve gameplay and once again resulted in breaking something that was perfectly fine before and taking the game backwards.So no quick singles :( BTW thanks for fixing the Show forecast in the menu.It seems to be working for now.
Use the precise shot

Skillzy

School Cricketer
Also If you select heavy cracks on pitch. It doesn't seem to take effect. I mean textures of the pitch barely change.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
WTF have they done to the defensive shot!! It actually looks like a Yoyo connected to the bat.As far as I'm concerned the latest patch did nothing to improve gameplay and once again resulted in breaking something that was perfectly fine before and taking the game backwards.So no quick singles :( BTW thanks for fixing the Show forecast in the menu.It seems to be working for now.Also seems the stupid overthrows are back in abundance and the AI wicketkeeper letting too many byes go to the boundary.The Umpires are still calling virtually every bouncer in test mode a wide making the use of bouncers useless.Sorry if these things have been discussed but haven't played in a while and seen a post by MATTW saying that they still read this forum for feedback.Possibly some of these issues might be addressed in the new now monthly patches.
Yes I thought this yesterday when playing it looks horrific it like bounces then stops weirdly and when playing with a spinner the fielder seems to slide in front of the batter to scoop the ball up at what can only be described as the speed of light. You can see it would have probably been the bat/boot scenario but they’ve done something to stop it and it looks bizarre at times. I can’t see any improvements to gameplay at all and haven’t fir months I can remember the patch that came out in February everything gameplay wise was near perfect since then it’s just gone to absolute pot. I’ve given up hope of the game improving just got try enjoy it but it’s really hard at times.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
My mistake show forecast only seems to work when bowling.Also it doesn't seem to let you check how many overs are left in the day it just seems to rotate between total you're chasing and run rate(this is in Test mode)

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Try visual pace at 100% to give fast bowling some oomph.

I was excited to see you bat with those slider settings and then you were playing on standard controls.. Sooooooooooo yeah nothing much to see there as once you know to time the ball the game will feel dumb.. Try pro controls with same settings then see how it goes.. And test match would feel like test match if you progress and play like test or else it never is gonna be able to replicate real life cricket feel in game as slogging is gonna be easy as fielders are gonna be close in more with big gaps all over the field..

I play on 80 Max pace and 80 on visual pace, so the ball zips through and you really gotta play proper shots, it does create the feel of seeing of certain overs and get frustrated when you were not able to put the ball away in deliveries you should have.. It is lot better feel to the gameplay.. Slowly progressing to similar sliders for short formats too but will take time but should get there..

I am not talking against standard controls but I am just saying where a control system does the maximum work and expect you to just place the region and timing right to become a legendary batsman its not gonna be fun for long.
Try visual pace at 100%. It's more fun and fast bowling has a bit of real speed.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've been having issues. I was never getting edges off seamers (or any wickets off seamers at all actually) when I switched to legend difficulty.
I've since tweaked a bunch of sliders and made AI timing 45 and wicket chance 60. (I suck, so take with a pinch of salt). Now I'm taking some wickets off edges.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone know which slider setting reduces the speed of spin bowling?
Also, why does reducing the flight slider make the ball travel at 57mph when a bounce ball makes it travel at 53?
We spend more time tweaking sliders and reskilling players than you actually spend playing the game. My sliders worked perfectly until the latest patch. I'm going back to the days where you put the AI Strike Rate on 20 and also have to tone down the shot force. Currently my shot force is on 30 and still the ball travel to the boundary way too fast. Busy reskilling my teams to play and test the sliders tomorrow.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
We spend more time tweaking sliders and reskilling players than you actually spend playing the game. My sliders worked perfectly until the latest patch. I'm going back to the days where you put the AI Strike Rate on 20 and also have to tone down the shot force. Currently my shot force is on 30 and still the ball travel to the boundary way too fast. Busy reskilling my teams to play and test the sliders tomorrow.
That's commitment. . . . . . .

Hester

County Cricketer
I have shot replacement set to off but it's playing as though it's on.
Anyone else seeing this or am I going mad(der)?

Hester

County Cricketer
So, I'm 6 matches in to my test championship and thought I'd share the bowling stats so far. I'm playing as SA.
Spinners taking over the world. 39ff3a45-4b65-4281-ad68-cb27a75fc474.png

Users who are viewing this thread