Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is the triggers that allow for fine adjustment, so partially pressing LT/RT (L2/R2) for adjusting the power of shots, not the sticks.

Nudging is a bad idea, not only does it not make a difference, if you don't pass the controller's dead zone you'd not play a shot (which is the main reason that it's not the control - at least on the triggers at worst you play a different strength of shot than you intended).
Ahh okay, my bad, thanks for the tip.

davidgirt

School Cricketer
The new patch is fantastic, I think. Forward defensives and quick singles. It's made taking wickets with spinners way harder. Before the patch, you just knew they'd always be a wicket round the corner, be it bounce off shoe or the multiple bat/pads. Now, not so - and the wickets you do take now feel v realistic. Tests matches now feel super tough. Rightly so.

Re quick singles, so much better now. Before it was way too easy to take them. In a real test match thats really not possible. Pretty rare anyway.
Cricket 22 - for me, feels even more realistic after this patch.

sheharyar

Club Cricketer
With the last 2-3 updates, even on the hardest bowling difficulty with the release time window and foot placement window literally at 0, I can deliver every other ball with perfect foot placement and ideal release from pacers.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Took me a few replays to notice. wow.

Hester

County Cricketer
With the last 2-3 updates, even on the hardest bowling difficulty with the release time window and foot placement window literally at 0, I can deliver every other ball with perfect foot placement and ideal release from pacers.
My hero

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Has anyone noticed that AI loses wickets in 2s?
I mean, if a wicket falls, the AI will lose the second very quickly. (Same over or next over)
I have noticed this in the limited-overs format, this happened after the recent patch.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Has anyone noticed that AI loses wickets in 2s?
I mean, if a wicket falls, the AI will lose the second very quickly. (Same over or next over)
I have noticed this in the limited-overs format, this happened after the recent patch.
One brings two, boys!! Said every noisy wicket keeper/fielder/captain ever.

In truth, some of my more recent games have involved some lengthy partnerships on the back of each other, but I also play matches over such a long period that sometimes they span different patches.

I'll keep an eye out for it though.

Rhone

International Cricketer
@Rumple43

Does increasing Pace Bowling Speed min and max sliders improve carry to the keeper, or is it purely visual? I'm trying to get at least the odd edge to carry from my Medium Pacer. I already have slips and WK up and Hard pitches....

If not, do any sliders help improve edge carry?

Last edited:

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@Rumple43

Does increasing Pace Bowling Speed min and max sliders improve carry to the keeper, or is it purely visual? I'm trying to get at least the odd edge to carry from my Medium Pacer. I already have slips and WK up and Hard pitches....

Slider talk outside of the slider thread! Very brave :-)

As far as I'm aware, turning the speed up will make every ball faster, but that kind of defeats the point for a medium pacer as you'll be bowling faster if you pull the min bar higher.

Visual speed is the one that is purely visual, but I don't know if you'll get more bounce per se. That isn't something I've tested.

You could increase the general pitch or ball bounce sliders, but you might want to keep an eye on what the quicker bowlers do as a result. You may make them unusable as they now can't get a normal delivery near the stumps.

If you're in career and only controlling one player, that might not be as much of an issue, but I suppose it would be when you're batting.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Slider talk outside of the slider thread! Very brave :-)

As far as I'm aware, turning the speed up will make every ball faster, but that kind of defeats the point for a medium pacer as you'll be bowling faster if you pull the min bar higher.

Visual speed is the one that is purely visual, but I don't know if you'll get more bounce per se. That isn't something I've tested.

You could increase the general pitch or ball bounce sliders, but you might want to keep an eye on what the quicker bowlers do as a result. You may make them unusable as they now can't get a normal delivery near the stumps.

If you're in career and only controlling one player, that might not be as much of an issue, but I suppose it would be when you're batting.

I gave it a go and increased the sliders close to your spreadsheet and it seems much better. My 3rd slip took a catch! The speed for my medium pacer seems good too....between 67 and 77mph.

Raising the pace min speed certainly helps as i'm no longer chucking down pies at a speed my gran could exceed.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Interesting one after the latest patch. The AI will happily just drop the ball at their feet with a defensive shot and sprint a single.

The bowler is completely uninterested in trying to stop it. They amble over, do a slow pick up animation, stand still then throw to the keeper long after the run has been completed. Unless you have a close catcher in short mid-wicket/short cover don't try to come in and stop it either.

The AI has done it to me about 10-15 times now over two sessions. No way to stop it apart from slot a silly mid-off or similar into the set up.

Here are 2 examples:

Not sure if I'm willing to call it a bug. I mean, you can do this IRL, it is possible, but it all feels a bit cheap if my fielders are just going to let it happen without really trying to do anything. If it happened all the time, a close catcher in real cricket would be a must, but isn't. Idk, a bit odd all round.

Last edited:

imported_beatle

Club Captain
@Rumple43

The funny thing is if you bowl a bouncer 90% of them are called as a wide when they don't even look wide.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Interesting one after the latest patch. The AI will happily just drop the ball at their feet with a defensive shot and sprint a single.

The bowler is completely uninterested in trying to stop it. They amble over, do a slow pick up animation, stand still then throw to the keeper long after the run has been completed. Unless you have a close catcher in short mid-wicket/short cover don't try to come in and stop it either.

The AI has done it to me about 10-15 times now over two sessions. No way to stop it apart from slot a silly mid-off or similar into the set up.

Here are 2 examples:

Not sure if I'm willing to call it a bug. I mean, you can do this IRL, it is possible, but it all feels a bit cheap if my fielders are just going to let it happen without really trying to do anything. If it happened all the time, a close catcher in real cricket would be a must, but isn't. Idk, a bit odd all round.
Can understand it in short format but not tests

Users who are viewing this thread