Random Thoughts

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Well, I don’t accept that premise.
I don’t accept that we shouldn’t deal with oppressive economic/social structures and hierarchies, simply because it’s very complicated to do so.
Sometimes we just got to accept things as they are. I thought this way also and finally reached a point where I accept things as they are.

So a staff member changed his username to a well known ‘slave master’ who owned a plantation etc. when I confronted the member about it, he/she/they indicated that they realised after the name had a history in slave ownership and that this was brought forward with the other moderators and they took no issue with it. Now this occured a couple years after me taking it to moderators here and standing up against oppression. Upon hearing his response though I realized to give up and go with it, cuz at that point I just accepted things as they are.

Many members say I’ve gone soft, no I just accept the way things are here on this forum. Similarly with life I am just accepting it as it is. I do admire your thinking though, just dont let it consume you. Sometimes we just have to move on and accept things as they are.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sometimes we just got to accept things as they are. I thought this way also and finally reached a point where I accept things as they are.

So a staff member changed his username to a well known ‘slave master’ who owned a plantation etc. when I confronted the member about it, he/she/they indicated that they realised after the name had a history in slave ownership and that this was brought forward with the other moderators and they took no issue with it. Now this occured a couple years after me taking it to moderators here and standing up against oppression. Upon hearing his response though I realized to give up and go with it, cuz at that point I just accepted things as they are.

Many members say I’ve gone soft, no I just accept the way things are here on this forum. Similarly with life I am just accepting it as it is. I do admire your thinking though, just dont let it consume you. Sometimes we just have to move on and accept things as they are.
I don't see the connection there, sorry.
The planet is being destroyed in service of the ideology of capitalism, so i cannot bring myself to compromise my ideals, just for some mental peace.
I guess knowing that we're doomed gives me the freedom to stick to my principles.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
So a staff member changed his username to a well known ‘slave master’ who owned a plantation etc. when I confronted the member about it, he/she/they indicated that they realised after the name had a history in slave ownership and that this was brought forward with the other moderators and they took no issue with it.
Could have just been brave and tagged me in this post.

I adopted this username many years ago in recognition that Ben Aislabie was quite possibly the worst cricketer in the history of the first-class game. It is also a homophone of a village in my favourite part of England, and several English historical figures (including no fewer than three MPs for the same constituency who were all called William).

This was a non-issue until the MCC released a press release detailing why Ben Aislabie's portrait had been removed: that being his links to the slave trade.

We discussed whether I should adopt a new username at this time, but it was decided that, as I was obviously not endorsing a pro-slavery position and that the initial goal had been to reference a cricketer's career on a cricket forum, I could keep the username provided that it did not cause undue offence around the community.

This is the first time it has come up since.

At no point do I recall you bringing it up with me directly (to the extent of still not even tagging me in this post), but regardless I hope my explanation helps clear things up now.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Could have just been brave and tagged me in this post.

I adopted this username many years ago in recognition that Ben Aislabie was quite possibly the worst cricketer in the history of the first-class game. It is also a homophone of a village in my favourite part of England, and several English historical figures (including no fewer than three MPs for the same constituency who were all called William).

This was a non-issue until the MCC released a press release detailing why Ben Aislabie's portrait had been removed: that being his links to the slave trade.

We discussed whether I should adopt a new username at this time, but it was decided that, as I was obviously not endorsing a pro-slavery position and that the initial goal had been to reference a cricketer's career on a cricket forum, I could keep the username provided that it did not cause undue offence around the community.

This is the first time it has come up since.

At no point do I recall you bringing it up with me directly (to the extent of still not even tagging me in this post), but regardless I hope my explanation helps clear things up now.
Yeah sorry about not tagging you. Didnt see the need to make it public.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
if I didnt asked how would I know you relayed the info to the other mods/staff members at the time?
Because I posted about it in reply to a question by Nilay in my AMA. You were then a part of the discussion that followed, but at no point conveyed any concerns. I also explained at that point that I had consulted with both staff and non-staff members.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Man is a known shit-stirrer who frequently posts bait, flames others and offers nothing constructive in most posts other than take a contrarian stance and has the gall to talk about mod abuse, becoming soft, acceptance and whatnot. Lol.

As for the royal queen herself, even ignoring the vile colonial history she has plenty of dirt on her and her esteemed family ranging from the very different treatment of Megan Markle and her son just because they happened to belong to a different race, the whole fiasco around Diana, the millions of taxpayer money that herself and her family has wasted on themselves for vain pursuits and past glories whilst the country seems to head to much tougher times and of course defending and shielding a pedophile in the family vehemently. This is ignoring all of what she and her family in extension could have done to help the British populace on numerous occasions. Her charisma was the only thing making people over the world ignore all of this and fawn over her. Her heir seems to have none of that and most certainly lacks popularity so I hope his presence will at least cause more people to question the worship of monarchies and archaic institutions in this day and age whilst the world is on it’s way to a hellscape.

Personally the best I could offer in this scenario is condolences to their family for their loss and nothing more. I suspect most people would be on the same footing and some wouldn’t even offer that to this family for justified reasons.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Pleasant day to you sir, please do elaborate on what your take is on this picture? Cuz honestly I am not sure what to make of it!

Your probably not aware upon her death she was the Head of State of a couple Caribbean islands.
@liveinasociety would still love to know your thought process behind this post, significance etc. Feel free to shoot me a private messsge if you're avoiding a discussion, I know how some guys like to come at others.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
If a student fails an exam/test, does the blame lie on the teacher or the student?
Student.

No one should escape this by putting the blame on the teacher. A student is as much responsible about his studies as his educator.

Had the talk been about a student not able to top/gain a merit rank then the weighing scale would have tipped off towards the educator slightly. But in case of failing, its the student.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Student.

No one should escape this by putting the blame on the teacher. A student is as much responsible about his studies as his educator.

Had the talk been about a student not able to top/gain a merit rank then the weighing scale would have tipped off towards the educator slightly. But in case of failing, its the student.
Are parents to blame?

Users who are viewing this thread