Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@JNT BA Look out mate.
Even @JNT BA is following one of his account. :coolio:
Post automatically merged:

Straight from the horse's arse.

@TemPSaad is that you buddy?

Also, as per Mr. Community Professnl " Their next stop is Chennai or Gujrat, and we cannot wait to bring these iconic players to all fans in #Cricket24 game. Stay tuned for more updates on this exciting addition to the world of cricket gaming!":spy

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios Ross visited MI, DC and LSG so far... All three franchise have teams in other leagues too... Just saying...

I honestly think part of his visit may have been to secure the stadium licenses which I believe are with the respective state associations rather than the BCCI. I wouldn’t mind seeing some teams from domestic cricket in the game too.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't mean this in a bad way at all..

I mainly focus on gameplay and trying to replicate what I see on TV when I'm playing etc.

Some of you guys who want to see comb overs in the crowd and the local lads confectionary shop down the road from the stadium really shows how everyone genuinely has such differing interests and views in what makes a game.

Which also enhances the whole no matter what they do someone will always be upset!

I don't care for fifty different crowd animations of them waving their arms about or how realistic the grime in the Feroz Shah Kotla is depicted but if I had to choose one thing that they focus on for licenses it would probably be stadiums. They've done a fantastic job with the English and Aussie ones and I've noticed enough subtle differences in each of them that you simply can't replicate in the stadium creator that has simply become stagnant if not regressed a bit despite the outstanding efforts of @wasteyouryouth and other creators to make as many custom stadiums as realistically as possible (I noticed how much effort they put into each of them when I was looking up for more Indian stadiums for my custom tournaments and comparing them to the real ones). You could always do players well with the face scan technology (and dare I say it's better for certain players if they aren't locked out of editing as they are with licenses) and teams with custom kits. Having more Indian stadiums can also tie in well with a potential DLC down the line when the World Cup is around the corner with a BBL update.

The ones who are moaning about wanting more realistic crowds and accurate popcorn stalls in the stadium will also be the first to complain when tail-enders play a wonky shot for three sixes in a row in a test. Ultimately gameplay is what decides how long people are invested in the game.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I don't care for fifty different crowd animations of them waving their arms about or how realistic the grime in the Feroz Shah Kotla is depicted but if I had to choose one thing that they focus on for licenses it would probably be stadiums. They've done a fantastic job with the English and Aussie ones and I've noticed enough subtle differences in each of them that you simply can't replicate in the stadium creator that has simply become stagnant if not regressed a bit despite the outstanding efforts of @wasteyouryouth and other creators to make as many custom stadiums as realistically as possible (I noticed how much effort they put into each of them when I was looking up for more Indian stadiums for my custom tournaments and comparing them to the real ones). You could always do players well with the face scan technology (and dare I say it's better for certain players if they aren't locked out of editing as they are with licenses) and teams with custom kits. Having more Indian stadiums can also tie in well with a potential DLC down the line when the World Cup is around the corner with a BBL update.

The ones who are moaning about wanting more realistic crowds and accurate popcorn stalls in the stadium will also be the first to complain when tail-enders play a wonky shot for three sixes in a row in a test. Ultimately gameplay is what decides how long people are invested in the game.
There's probably a dozen improvements and additions that'd improve the stadium creator. Hardly any English ground is a round, for example. However, it's far more stable than the old one, despite some it could use better prompts but it's so much easier to use. I can remember one crash using it, whereas on Cricket 19, the older creator would crash or bug out nearly every time I used it. I made about 15-20 Indian grounds in a couple of days. It'd probably take a week to do that on the old one when you're having to fit stands around the ground manually and because I'd have to restart half of them.

I would prioritise stadium 'things' over the backdrop/surrounds stuff, it's easy to get drawn into a Cities Skyline mentality and that you are creating a beautiful landscape, but 99% of the game is spent in the actual ground.

The crowds could do with not being 30 FPS and if people want haze just rub vaseline in your eyes.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Hope they get the crowd noise and reaction right this time , atmosphere in England , Aus , Saf, ind, pak , Sri , Wi, should be different to each other

If they get the sound right, it will be enough for the immersion , they should also have commentators shouting in T20s and chilling in test matches,

No need for doing anything extra then the sound , no need for crowd animations or their grin or sad faces

Karachi

Associate Captain
Hope they get the crowd noise and reaction right this time , atmosphere in England , Aus , Saf, ind, pak , Sri , Wi, should be different to each other

Codemaster did that with their BLIC'98. That was 25 years ago. Don't know what's stopping others from doing the same now with all this tech at their disposal.

Last edited:

Azamkisran

Club Captain
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The Codemaster did that with their BLIC'98. That was 25 years ago. Don't know what's stopping others from doing the same now with all this tech at their disposal.
Codemaster Did brilliant job With their Games Sound effects and stadiums were very good especially the Caribbean Music In BLC2007/05

Users who are viewing this thread