Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't get why people clamour for a trailer for sport game's, the only time game's should have a trailer is if there is an element of a story/story mode, which a lot of the time they don’t.

Last edited:

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No trailer till now means "BUG-ANTS" are not confident with the game and the game is still in development.
Current mind voices of BA Fans and BA developers

Fans - Wow only 18 more days to go!!!:cheers
Developers - Oops only 18 more days to go !!! :facepalm

Karachi

Associate Captain
No trailer till now means "BUG-ANTS" are not confident with the game and the game is still in development.

Or it simply means that C24 is nothing more than glorified C22 - with extensive licensed elements - and doesn't need much marketing. Although, in such a case, it would be better to release the newly licensed elements as DLC.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I asked Bard,
"how many wickets were lost in the first six overs of an innings of international t20 games

categorize it as
1 wicket lost in 10 % of matches and so o
n"

AI Answered,

Here is a categorization of the number of wickets lost in the first six overs of an innings of international T20 games:

Number of wickets lost Percentage of matches
0 - 40%
1 - 30%
2 - 20%
3 - 5%
4 - 2%
5 - 1%
This data is based on a sample of over 10,000 international T20 matches played up to September 17, 2023.

---

The data is not a 100% correct but data such as this can be used for AI on how they build the innings, have better and real looking scenarios in game, how simulation takes place in the career mode and play as a player mode. There can be a number of uses for such data.

It would be great if the BA team could use AI to make their own AI better. @JNT BA

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Another great use case.

Average runs scored in the first innings of a test match played on a grassy pitch.

categorize it as
150-200 runs 20%

---
According to my knowledge, the average runs scored in the first innings of a test match played on a grassy pitch is 160-180 runs. This is based on data from the last 100 test matches played on grassy pitches.

If we categorize this into a range of 150-200 runs, then this range would account for approximately 60% of test matches played on grassy pitches.

Here is a breakdown of the percentage of test matches played on grassy pitches that fall into each category:

150-200 runs: 60%
200-250 runs: 30%
250+ runs: 10%

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Another great use case.

Average runs scored in the first innings of a test match played on a grassy pitch.

categorize it as
150-200 runs 20%

---
According to my knowledge, the average runs scored in the first innings of a test match played on a grassy pitch is 160-180 runs. This is based on data from the last 100 test matches played on grassy pitches.

If we categorize this into a range of 150-200 runs, then this range would account for approximately 60% of test matches played on grassy pitches.

Here is a breakdown of the percentage of test matches played on grassy pitches that fall into each category:

150-200 runs: 60%
200-250 runs: 30%
250+ runs: 10%
'Grassy' is a very loose term. New Zealand pitches are perhaps the most grassy and, in the last five years, there's been double the number of 400+ scores than below 200 in the first innings.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
'Grassy' is a very loose term. New Zealand pitches are perhaps the most grassy and, in the last five years, there's been double the number of 400+ scores than below 200 in the first innings.
The thing with Generative AI is that the user has to make the right prompt.

These were very broad questions that I asked just to put forward the point on how this can be used for the game.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
There is a tradeoff : the more the game labours to hit pre-defined targets for runs and wickets, the less the AI batting / bowling response is working on actually responding to what the user is doing.

At this stage in proceedings I'm kind of desperate for bad balls to be realistically smashable and for good balls to be realistically dangerous.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
There is a tradeoff : the more the game labours to hit pre-defined targets for runs and wickets, the less the AI batting / bowling response is working on actually responding to what the user is doing.

At this stage in proceedings I'm kind of desperate for bad balls to be realistically smashable and for good balls to be realistically dangerous.
How about combining the two.

They can have about 4-5 predefined brackets, and what happens in the game depends on how the user plays it.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The thing with Generative AI is that the user has to make the right prompt.

These were very broad questions that I asked just to put forward the point on how this can be used for the game.
Don't disagree in principle. There's certainly a lot more data points that when comparing reality and the game doesn't necessarily match up.

Remember doing my Lockdown Tournament on Cricket 19 and there was an awful lot that didn't mirror the real sport. In terms of wickets lost in T20s, a big factor was AI opening partnerships were a lot stronger and more consistent than you'd see from the majority of sides.

Agree with TJ though, there can be too much accuracy where it becomes as predictable. Less about what the AI is doing in response to you and more just doing what it's told. I'd argue that it's tough to find that sweet spot where both applies. That's why I am always in favour of more strategic or tactical gameplay elements.

Other factor is how to make things like par scores apply in a similar way to the human player. If the AI consistently falls apart for less than 200 on a specific pitch, then there needs to be sufficient gameplay challenge to make that a similar likelihood for the human player, imo. If you achieve above a par score then it should feel like an achievement but that only happens if there's struggle to do so - likewise if you fail to keep the AI to a par total it should be clear what you could have done better. Whether it's poor bowling (and what poor bowling qualifies as) or dropping catches.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Can we somehow Crack the C22 open and mod like hell to keep it updated and play? Always better than buying glorified updates with ridiculous pricing anyway. I so long to mod the grass, pitch, stadiums and scoreboard

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Can we somehow Crack the C22 open and mod like hell to keep it updated and play? Always better than buying glorified updates with ridiculous pricing anyway. I so long to mod the grass, pitch, stadiums and scoreboard
Don't take it for piracy or anything... had so much fun modding wwe 2k19 to keep us engaged till 2k23 comes out. Just wanna do something similar

Users who are viewing this thread