2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm enjoying the break from being disappointed!

I do feel like your lot would have raised their game or played much better against bigger teams. They looked decent value in the white ball games against South Africa in March and India a couple of months ago. Seems like they were just not prepared to the extent of other teams in the qualifiers for the last two World Cups.

Just wondering, how fearsome SA would have been, had Anrich Nortje been fit.
Support Australia :p We are totally giving Windies vibes so far!
Truth be told, the Windies aren't being missed at this edition- comes as a surprise to me, since a lot many had commented that they will be missed, in the aftermath of the CWC Qualifier.

Just wondering, how fearsome SA would have been, had Anrich Nortje been fit.

Truth be told, the Windies aren't being missed at this edition- comes as a surprise to me, since a lot many had commented that they will be missed, in the aftermath of the CWC Qualifier.

Is it really a surprise to you that people would be missing the team that has participated in every ODI WC till now and is the joint second most successful team in the tournament’s history? Irrespective of their current status, their history and stature alongside the vibe they bring means they will always be a loss at any cricket event they fail to turn up.

Crowds at Lucknow- very poor, low knowledge of cricket. City like that shouldn't have been given a non-India game. Know a few people who went there and exited midway.

Last edited:
I did already wish for a South Africa vs New Zealand final this tournament, and good to see others also predicting a similar outcome.

Best time for South Africa to break their "no WC jinx" and it would be pretty spectacular if they lift the trophy, after having being forced to qualify for this tournament and were in danger of almost not making it. Fingers crossed that they win the title!

I did already wish for a South Africa vs New Zealand final this tournament, and good to see others also predicting a similar outcome.

Best time for South Africa to break their "no WC jinx" and it would be pretty spectacular if they lift the trophy, after having being forced to qualify for this tournament and were in danger of almost not making it. Fingers crossed that they win the title!

It would also be incredibly poetic to see Bavuma lift the trophy in particular after all that’s been said about him.

SA are definitely playing well. This absolute demolition of Australia shows so. That said, they are very much capable of losing against Bangladesh, Netherlands etc. Their recent fortunes have been dictated by their absolute horror shows towards the closure of the league stages. Their last 3 games will dictate their fortunes:

Nz v SA at Pune
SA v Ind at Calcutta
SA v Afg at Ahmedabad

3 very different pitches- 3 very radical opponents.

Users who are viewing this thread