• Poll closed .

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sri Lanka again and again ?
Wy didnt the ICC pair up India and Sri Lanka for the T20 WC as well ?

SAF in India is bound to be a cracker of a contest.
But I am looking forward to NZ in India which would actually be happening after a hiatus of around 10 years.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree with Sahil there. NZ coming to India is great news. The FTP robbed us of many exciting contests and players like Nathan Astle, who is one of my fav players from NZ and Chris Cairns, who had a pretty decent fan-following here should have played here a bit more.

Having said that, the new bunch of blokes like Guptill & Ross, apart from the great Shane Bond, would be a joy to watch. If there's a game in Mumbai, I'll make it a point to be there :)

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Another 7 match series against Australia in India? :eek:

Out of all the matches i am looking forward to South Africa and New Zealand tour of India.:banana2

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Was the last Kiwi tour of India when we were tormented by one Roger Twose? Damn, that was a long time ago.

How about this (India's itinerary during this FTP)

@ Pak
@ NZ
vs. SRL

vs. RSA
@ Zimbabwe
vs. NZ
@ RSA

@ WI
@ Eng
vs. WI
@ Aus

vs. Pak

That's when the FTP ends, supposedly. So, I want to hear the complaints from everyone who claimed India have been playing at home too much that India is playing too many series' abroad. In the next two years, we are playing 5/8 series' away including away series' in South Africa, England and Australia. In fact, in 2011 our only home series is one against the Windies. Let's hear it then...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In 2011-12, we are playing SA, AUS and ENG in their respective backyards. Wonder what the excuse would then be if India perform well in these places? Maybe "the respective boards didnt want to get the BCCI angry and prepared friendly wickets for the Indian batsmen"?:D:p

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Was the last Kiwi tour of India when we were tormented by one Roger Twose? Damn, that was a long time ago.

How about this (India's itinerary during this FTP)

@ Pak
@ NZ
vs. SRL

vs. RSA
@ Zimbabwe
vs. NZ
@ RSA

@ WI
@ Eng
vs. WI
@ Aus

vs. Pak

That's when the FTP ends, supposedly. So, I want to hear the complaints from everyone who claimed India have been playing at home too much that India is playing too many series' abroad. In the next two years, we are playing 5/8 series' away including away series' in South Africa, England and Australia. In fact, in 2011 our only home series is one against the Windies. Let's hear it then...

I agree. We play 5 away series against 5 unique and equally difficult to beat at home oppositions. I'd like to see what people say when India does well in these series :). What is the excuse going to be- BCCI bribed the boards to prepare India-friendly pitches? :p

Down with the idiots, I say :p

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I don't care to make any predictions how India will perform in the future, since it would be foolish to pretend like they are going to do well without having any idea of the context.

The only reason I put that post up is to see if anyone complains that India is playing most of their cricket in the next 2 years away, since people are quick to complain that India has played most of their cricket at home.

Robelinda

International Coach
Sri Lanka again and again ?
Wy didnt the ICC pair up India and Sri Lanka for the T20 WC as well ?

SAF in India is bound to be a cracker of a contest.
But I am looking forward to NZ in India which would actually be happening after a hiatus of around 10 years.

NZ toured India 5 years ago. 2 drawn tests.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Actually you are right, NZ toured India in 2003 which featured a 2 Test Series followed by a tri-series involving Australia as well.But still,thats not substantial cricket between the two nations.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
A good year, not the worst. I think this can set up a platform for some new faces, and settle their place into the Indian Squads by the end of the season, removing the doubts replacing if the big'uns will be retiring. Expect to Badri, Pujara, and all those chaps who sparkled for replacements and went off the scene. Zimbabwe and Bangladesh tours may be the easiest, so new players can get a dump in into the Squads.

The Asia cup, coming soon again, for India to get a boost, you have one-day series' all the months before the Tournament. So playing South Africa in India and Sri-lanka-Bangladesh tri series before Asia Cup can make India Prepared. Nice.

T20 worldcup is one year early, and in the West Indies. So India might want to take revenge for their last T20 WC performances and the 50-50 WC memories. It's a tough ask but it's a tournament to see.

The next half is almost a carbon copy of the past few years, and some thing to get excited about with Australia playing another huge 7-ODIers, and following up is NEW ZEALAND! The series i believe will drag huge attention. There are many similarities between India and NZ, so the Kiwis will be a challenge In India, not to mention the Domestic IPL, and Champions League featuring several New Zealand players, so India would wish to bite another series into wins.

Good year, decent. Year to watch out for.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The Asia Cup would be a drag.
You are going to have 6 teams again with the likes of maybe Singapore/Oman participating.
Though I would love to see the Afghans in action here.

Mit Parekh

School Cricketer
Asia cup does not mean Only top teams of asia participate... Let them too get a chance.. who knows.. they might be next Ireland Quality Team..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I hear that SA might not actually play tests but only ODI's in their tour to India next year. Is it true?

Last edited:

Params7

International Cricketer
Ind vs SA Tests and ODI's. OH YEAAHHH!! Both Tests and ODI's will be equally explosive here :D

Params7 added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

I hear that SA might not actually play tests but only ODI's in their tour to India next year. Is it true?

Damn what are they sacred? :p

Users who are viewing this thread