• Draw

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
saisrini80 said:
India winning is not a matter now! We want to see how comprehensive the victory is! India should win by a huge margin!

Ofcourse they should, because Zimbabwe are the worst of the Test nations by a margin and India are one of the better ones. How can you take any pleasure out of seeing a young, inexperienced and poor quality side getting spanked by a side that has huge potential and is vastly more experienced?

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
stevie said:
Ofcourse they should, because Zimbabwe are the worst of the Test nations by a margin and India are one of the better ones. How can you take any pleasure out of seeing a young, inexperienced and poor quality side getting spanked by a side that has huge potential and is vastly more experienced?
Zimbabwe is weak enough that even Bangladesh could beat the hell outta them in a test match. But some people take great joy in even the smallest of victories by their national team. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with that. Let the Indian fans enjoy these victories before they have to get thrashed by England and then Pakistan. :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
nightprowler10 said:
Zimbabwe is weak enough that even Bangladesh could beat the hell outta them in a test match. But some people take great joy in even the smallest of victories by their national team. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with that. Let the Indian fans enjoy these victories before they have to get thrashed by England and then Pakistan. :p

Hmm.. Thanks for that partial support on the Indian fans!

Now that you've kindled the fire in the Indian fans by saying that India would get thrashed by England and Pakistan, I challenge you - India will definitely beat Pakistan in Pakistan and England in India! Its my challenge. Lets see who wins!

Some good news for people who want India to do well

Kaif's supporters burn effigy of Saurav Ganguly

Mohammed Kaif's supporters are burning effigies of Saurav Ganguly who is said to be responsible for Kaif not playing a single test against Zimbabwe!

Well, this can be good news because if we rewind back to WC2003, an act like this from Indian supporters spurred the team to greater victories. Here it is against the captain who does the talking in the media instead of talking with his bat! So if Ganguly does well, India can think of starting to do well!

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Kaif is a good batsman and fielder. I don't understand why he wasn't selected for the Test team. But burning effigies of Ganguly is not good. He's the best captain India has had. They're enough other things to burn.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
saisrini80 said:
Now that you've kindled the fire in the Indian fans by saying that India would get thrashed by England and Pakistan, I challenge you - India will definitely beat Pakistan in Pakistan and England in India! Its my challenge. Lets see who wins!

Can I have some of that hashish you're smoking? :rtfl You're on mate.

Some good news for people who want India to do well

Kaif's supporters burn effigy of Saurav Ganguly

Mohammed Kaif's supporters are burning effigies of Saurav Ganguly who is said to be responsible for Kaif not playing a single test against Zimbabwe!

Well, this can be good news because if we rewind back to WC2003, an act like this from Indian supporters spurred the team to greater victories. Here it is against the captain who does the talking in the media instead of talking with his bat! So if Ganguly does well, India can think of starting to do well!
I was quite surprised to see no Kaif in the series. I know Yuvraj is Ganguly's favorite, but surely there should be a place for the man who should have gotten Man of the Series in the Triseries.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
nightprowler10 said:
Can I have some of that hashish you're smoking? :rtfl You're on mate.

I was quite surprised to see no Kaif in the series. I know Yuvraj is Ganguly's favorite, but surely there should be a place for the man who should have gotten Man of the Series in the Triseries.

Its definitely going to increase the voice of "Ganguly step down" from his critics who are widening in their size! Ganguly should rethink where his career stands after this test series and should take a decision in the interest of Indian cricket!

Sorry for bringing in BCCI politics here - But does anyone know if Dalmiya has any bearing on Sharad Pawar or Bindra? I know for sure he has a bearing in the decisions that RS Mahendra makes! Ganguly seems to be taking wholesome advantage of Dalmiya's influence in the running of BCCI!

I want some one who is not brainwashed by Dalmiya to win the elections to be held on Sept 22-23

Indiangod

International Coach
nightprowler10 said:

Ok then When we tour pakistan in thier back yard we will trash you badly, and India will trash England in the test series in India.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Some uninspiring display by India.. Now thwe chrorus of drop Ganguly should increase. 16 off 50 balls!!!! Awful!!! He clearly has lost his game! The last match hundred was because there was no one good enough to get him out!

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
saisrini80 said:
Some uninspiring display by India.. Now thwe chrorus of drop Ganguly should increase. 16 off 50 balls!!!! Awful!!! He clearly has lost his game! The last match hundred was because there was no one good enough to get him out!

Why is it always the batsman's fault with the Indian team? Maybe Zimbabwe are bowing well at him, meaning few scoring opportunities. It's no wonder the players feel under so much pressure to perform when there are 'fans' like you who think it's always the batsman fault when infact, the bowler deserves credit. Are you even watching the game, as I read earlier that you were following it on cricinfo? Give the players a break!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
stevie said:
Why is it always the batsman's fault with the Indian team? Maybe Zimbabwe are bowing well at him, meaning few scoring opportunities. It's no wonder the players feel under so much pressure to perform when there are 'fans' like you who think it's always the batsman fault when infact, the bowler deserves credit. Are you even watching the game, as I read earlier that you were following it on cricinfo? Give the players a break!

I was in your position defending my batsmen! But you guys (not exactly you!) said that scoring against a genocide country is not a big deal. Now when I blame my batsmen for playing that slowly and getting out, you immediately jump to his defence saying that the bowler deserves credit.

And I didnt read the Bulletin before posting my message. So I didnt know how Ganguly got out and who deserved credit. I knew the mode of dismissal only which was a catch by Taibu!

Now I read the Bulletin and it says efficient military medium bowling. But this was the same bowling attack against whom Gambhir and Sehwag yesterday ran amock. Why cant these so called greats like Ganguly and Laxman take a cue from the top two and bat aggressively? Today, all that has happened is due to the over cautious approach by the batsmen! This wicket still is helpful to the bowlers and it was Sehwag and Gambhir's aggressive approach that has brought India this far! Of course, everyone cant have a technique like Dravid to be defensive and at the same time not give up their wickets! Aggression should have been used by Laxman and Ganguly!

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
saisrini80 said:
I was in your position defending my batsmen! But you guys (not exactly you!) said that scoring against a genocide country is not a big deal. Now when I blame my batsmen for playing that slowly and getting out, you immediately jump to his defence saying that the bowler deserves credit.

Giving credit isn't the same as taking pleasure. For example, I didn't exactly enjoy watching the England v Bangladesh series (infact I found it extremely boring), but I give credit to Mashrafe Mortaza, because he bowled pretty well in the series when the rest of the side was poor.

saisrini80 said:
Now I read the Bulletin and it says efficient military medium bowling. But this was the same bowling attack against whom Gambhir and Sehwag yesterday ran amock. Why cant these so called greats like Ganguly and Laxman take a cue from the top two and bat aggressively? Today, all that has happened is due to the over cautious approach by the batsmen! This wicket still is helpful to the bowlers and it was Sehwag and Gambhir's aggressive approach that has brought India this far! Of course, everyone cant have a technique like Dravid to be defensive and at the same time not give up their wickets! Aggression should have been used by Laxman and Ganguly!

But as I said, maybe the bowling at the time was good enough to warrant playing defensively, you can't always hit bowlers for 5-6 an over. Look at Heath Streak's figures, going for about 2 an over, you don't bowl badly and go at 2 an over against a side like India.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
stevie said:
Giving credit isn't the same as taking pleasure. For example, I didn't exactly enjoy watching the England v Bangladesh series (infact I found it extremely boring), but I give credit to Mashrafe Mortaza, because he bowled pretty well in the series when the rest of the side was poor.

But as I said, maybe the bowling at the time was good enough to warrant playing defensively, you can't always hit bowlers for 5-6 an over. Look at Heath Streak's figures, going for about 2 an over, you don't bowl badly and go at 2 an over against a side like India.

I dont say they need to score at 5-6 an over. Even a 3-4 an over would have been good. But india scored only 52 runs off the first session which was less than 2 an over! The blame also goes to Dravid who should also have forced the pace!

Anyways, coming to the match, well bowled by Zimbabwe to restrict India to 349/8. Great bowling by Streak to pick up 5 wickets. The Indian tail enders trying to get the runs to put up a 200 run lead. I think with Harbhajan slogging and Pathan playing this well, India can put up a 200+ lead! And if Zimbabwe bat the way they have so far in this series, India should get an innings victory tomorrow!

India 366 all out | I.Pathan 32 , Harbhajan Singh 14*

Last edited:

Indiangod

International Coach
Come on India, India 366-10 good batting by Dravid and Pathan in the lower, Pathans ripping the zim batsmen apart in this match and the whole series.

Users who are viewing this thread