Zimbabwe Triangular Series 2010

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Tharanga is clever. Improved his selection chances much better than if he'd run out the captain and gotten his own hundred.

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm always right!:yes

Guys, Zimbabwe has done some pretty hard work there. It is one of their best tournaments. But Sri Lanka is Sri Lanka.

And I pointed out that Zimbabwe's success was down to batting second and one or two good batsmen - they batted first in the final, key batsmen (principally Taylor) didn't get the big scores they had been, and so Zimbabwe lost :p

Owzat added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

No doubt in it.
Zimbabwe Cricket is back.

Not so sure, their success was in chasing down totals in ODIs and their bowling is not that special. They have no Heath Streak, they need a good bowler to come through. Some good batting performances don't mean they are ready to return to Test cricket, but then they've as much right as Bangladesh who have yet to do anything special with just three wins in 60+ Tests and the opposition were weaker AND depleted nations.

Last edited:

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And I pointed out that Zimbabwe's success was down to batting second and one or two good batsmen - they batted first in the final, key batsmen (principly Taylor) didn't get the big scores they had been, and so Zimbabwe lost :p

You could probably argue a similar thing with Sri Lanka :sarcasm

P

pcfan123

Not really, Sri Lanka took about 15 years to win the world cup after Test status, Zim are no where close to winning an ODI WC.

Bangla are coming close to 10 years in Test cricket, I doubt they will be anywhere close to the 1996 Sri Lankan side in 5 years

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As in they won because they batted second, and most of their chases were based around Dilshan and Tharanga :P

In your meaning, you could argue NZ and India (I think) when they first started

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Not really, Sri Lanka took about 15 years to win the world cup after Test status, Zim are no where close to winning an ODI WC.
agree.
but I think he was talking about this particular tournament.

Bangla are coming close to 10 years in Test cricket, I doubt they will be anywhere close to the 1996 Sri Lankan side in 5 years

Nope, they can be better than that side but they will not be able to win the WC because the quality of cricket has improved a lot and till that time, if Bangla would get a team stronger than SL's 96 team, still they won't be able to win a world cup.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
You can see quite clearly that they lack the pacemen to compete in Tests. This whole four spinner thing won't work in Tests unless they can get away with preparing sub-standard pitches.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
All games won by sides batting second. Bat second, and win the match was the mantra of this series.

Users who are viewing this thread