Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
saisrini80 said:
Then throw him out! Everybody needs to be close to the agility that Kaif and Yuvraj have set into this Indian team! If not, they have to quit!
You see even vaughan is not a good fielder but he is handling the captaincy job very well and also like Laxman he is failing with bat miserably.Now tell me how could they beat Aus with such a captain?He is similar to Laxman.

Sureshot

Executive member
Vaughan is a mixed bag sometimes he is good others he is poor, his ground fielding is normally fine it's normally his catching he's dodgy with.

Mahesh Babu said:
Thats ok man .Everyone cant be so agile as Kaif or Yuvraj.And also his age is almost 30?

Trevor Penney is a superbly agile fielder and is 37. Looks about 45 mind you.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mahesh Babu said:
You see even vaughan is not a good fielder but he is handling the captaincy job very well and also like Laxman he is failing with bat miserably.Now tell me how could they beat Aus with such a captain?He is similar to Laxman.

Vaughan is more useful than Laxman. And I remind you that we're talking about ODI's! Laxman is a first choice in the test matches! Dravid is the No.1 choice in tests followed by Laxman and only then Sachin!

Vaughan is equal to Laxman in batting (I havent seen Vaughan bat in ODI's so cant say!). He has been a terrific captain, a winning captain! Laxman, other than batting, lacks in every other department - running, fielding, throwing!

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
If you ask me Ganguly is obsessed with himself. Its so strange, that he mentions this incident on the third day when he got his century. What is he trying to prove, this hundred against agruably the worst bowling attack in the world cannot silence his critics.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
UsmanCHADDA said:
If you ask me Ganguly is obsessed with himself. Its so strange, that he mentions this incident on the third day when he got his century. What is he trying to prove, this hundred against agruably the worst bowling attack in the world cannot silence his critics.

I think you're right! Ganguly is now putting himself over the team and is trying to hold his place by having a one upmanship with coach Greg Chappell! Chappell has not said anything abt it.. Ganguly needs to sort out his differences, or quietly quit the side so that the youngsters get the chance to prove themselves and get themselves ready for the 2007 World Cup!

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
saisrini80 said:
I think you're right! Ganguly is now putting himself over the team and is trying to hold his place by having a one upmanship with coach Greg Chappell! Chappell has not said anything abt it.. Ganguly needs to sort out his differences, or quietly quit the side so that the youngsters get the chance to prove themselves and get themselves ready for the 2007 World Cup!
like steve waugh left Australia,Naseer Hussian left England to give chance for young players.

Indiangod

International Coach
Ganguly needs to be in the Indian team in world cup 07, look at what happened to India in wc 03, with his good leadership skills, shifting the batting line up, putting clever field placings, and making the bowlers come and take wickets at vital stages, it was all dont to Ganguly, he got the Indian team in the world cup final in 03, Ganguly backed evreyone of his players, and his players responded strongly. If dravid was captain in world cup 03, India would have been fineshed in the first round. All I can say is Ganguly will rebound strongly, not in this series, but in a tough series, he always does.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Mahesh Babu said:
like steve waugh left Australia,Naseer Hussian left England to give chance for young players.

One of the rare posts from you which I felt satisfied reading!

Indiangod said:
Ganguly needs to be in the Indian team in world cup 07, look at what happened to India in wc 03, with his good leadership skills, shifting the batting line up, putting clever field placings, and making the bowlers come and take wickets at vital stages, it was all dont to Ganguly, he got the Indian team in the world cup final in 03, Ganguly backed evreyone of his players, and his players responded strongly. If dravid was captain in world cup 03, India would have been fineshed in the first round. All I can say is Ganguly will rebound strongly, not in this series, but in a tough series, he always does.

but the thing is, for good leadership to happen, the captain needs to have the backing and respect of his players. I dont think Ganguly would now have these things after his outburst in the media! Everybody will now look into him with suspicion, the coach, vice captain and other players! He needs their full support and backing!

Dravid proved in Sri Lanka that he can be a very aggressive captain with his tactics! Ganguly if he resigns now, would be pressed into history as a selfless captain who sacrificed his place in the side for the welfare of the side!

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
saisrini80 said:
Vaughan is more useful than Laxman. And I remind you that we're talking about ODI's! Laxman is a first choice in the test matches! Dravid is the No.1 choice in tests followed by Laxman and only then Sachin!

Vaughan is equal to Laxman in batting (I havent seen Vaughan bat in ODI's so cant say!). He has been a terrific captain, a winning captain! Laxman, other than batting, lacks in every other department - running, fielding, throwing!

He's better in ODIs than his average, never settled in a position though.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Laxman at one point was in an ODI situation where he would score about 35 off 30 balls with some sparkling shots and then get out.

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
Indiangod said:
Laxmans unfit for odis, he gets one or two big scores then in the next 3 games he does nothing.

Laxmans unfit for odis, he gets one or two big scores then in the next 10 games he does nothing
He needs flat pitches to deliver just like Sachin

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Laxaman shouldn't play ODIs. Can't bowl, poor fielder, and is not aggresive enough. We don't need him when Dravid and Ganguly are already scoring slowly, and when Sehwag and Yuvraj are aggressive but inconsistent.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Second test starting tomorrow at Harare. Predicted to be a spongy bounce pitch with help for the seamers! Should be an interesting contest definitely! With Pathan and Zaheer in our ranks, I think Zimbabwe's batting would be even brittler than Bulawayo! Now it remains to be seen how our batting fares on this pitch!

More news on Ganguly-Chappell

Saurav and I share a mutual respect; it was my intention to motivate him ahead of the Bulawayo test!

I too felt it was Chappell's method to motivate Saurav but the media made it look otherwise! Anyways, happy that it was just a tactic to motivate the captain to get himself determined and score runs!

Users who are viewing this thread