Cricket 24 - General Discussion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Be 17 days on Monday (Microsoft don’t do weekends) without any patch for Xbox users and the game looks pretty decent now gameplay wise compared to what it was so infuriating and ill still stand by the fact the game was unplayable on day 1. Should be some part refund issued or something if it goes on any longer ? Is that even a thing ?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bought the game after last patch and some positive comments here , played a season of career mode , feels and looks exactly the same as C22 , where are the changes in gameplay people are seeing, the late cut wicket keeper catch is still there for spinners , as are the wandering out of their ground batsmen run outs , less over throws possibly , and does anyone know how to turn pitch length colour marker off !

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Bought the game after last patch and some positive comments here , played a season of career mode , feels and looks exactly the same as C22 , where are the changes in gameplay people are seeing, the late cut wicket keeper catch is still there for spinners , as are the wandering out of their ground batsmen run outs , less over throws possibly , and does anyone know how to turn pitch length colour marker off !
What platform you on ? Career mode always brings out the worse in the game I feel aswell

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
What platform you on ? Career mode always brings out the worse in the game I feel aswell
PS4 , I just don’t see any difference, another annoying thing in career mode that was there in C22 is at club level the pace bowlers are left arm over most of the time , and bowling 90mph , assuming best sliders are still @Rumple43 fine work from c22 ? Obviously I am making judgment on 3 or 4 hours gameplay but not feeling optimistic so far…

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
wait ...is there no option to turn off pitch length color marker??

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can someone test the spin on a licensed and non licensed stadium? Set the pitch conditions the same and share results. Wanted to do it myself but on my way to work now. Cheers

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
wait ...is there no option to turn off pitch length color marker??
I did it in c22 , but I think in the end I just turned all pitch marker lengths to white just to make it more realistic, happy to be told otherwise

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is there a pitch setting where people have found spin isn't so OP? I know green seamers seem to be really bad. It's been like this for years now so I have no hope of it being fixed. Was just wondering if anyone has a pitch combo that nullifies the spinners.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Why no is talking about the sound of the bat ?? its too poor !!
Haven’t got to that yet ! Another glitch is the sound of the ball off bat , it started to sound more like centre court at Wimbledon rather than leather on willow , and the audio is very ordinary in general as pointed out many times here

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Steve Bucknor has his finger up for that one. Missing 5th stump? Nah...get gone son.

Also, did Jadeja get any turn for you? As mentioned, didnt for me, despite Ashwin tonnin it a lot.

Good analysis.
A bit but not as much as Ashwin which I suppose is a good thing as previously anyone who was down as a spinner, even pure batsmen, could turn it like prime Murali.

threetoed

School Cricketer
Is there a pitch setting where people have found spin isn't so OP? I know green seamers seem to be really bad. It's been like this for years now so I have no hope of it being fixed. Was just wondering if anyone has a pitch combo that nullifies the spinners.

A bit but not as much as Ashwin which I suppose is a good thing as previously anyone who was down as a spinner, even pure batsmen, could turn it like prime Murali.

Wait, is spin too powerful or is it nonexistent?

Users who are viewing this thread