Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Hester

County Cricketer
Are peoples gaming experience impacted by the body shape of a Rakeem Cornwell or Johnny Bairstow for example? This is what I mean about people being picky.

I mean each to their own but I can’t fathom sitting there whilst playing the game stewing on the fact Rakeem isn’t as big as he is in real life.
It's all relative I guess. If Rakeem looked like Stan Laurel in the game, I'd stew on that for sure.

Hester

County Cricketer
Just look at this

Two catches at 1st slip. Visual pitch wear. AI playing shots. A bat-boot though....
Licensed stadium with actual, real pitch sponsors? (Why aren't they in C24 btw? wtf is that all about??)

Is this game better than C24?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are peoples gaming experience impacted by the body shape of a Rakeem Cornwell or Johnny Bairstow for example? This is what I mean about people being picky.

I mean each to their own but I can’t fathom sitting there whilst playing the game stewing on the fact Rakeem isn’t as big as he is in real life.

It isn’t just the visual aspect though. A fielder like Cornwall is unique and not every aspect of it can be covered by just attributes. In a proper game there would be a difference between a keeper like Bairstow and one like de Kock just based on their physique.

I’n not sure if these are captured in the current game anyway so the point is moot.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What values are you using for pitch and ball friction?

Pitch - 50
Ball - 80

I haven't had any nice outfield catches or leading edges or anything to a fielder yet though. But the actual cricket is so much better, the animations, the flow, the lack of jank.

The fact that an aggressive player looks to dominate a spinner and belts him is just miles ahead of anything in C24 where they nervously prod everything around before popping up a catch.

I'd love one of them to miscue a slog to a fielder though.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I'm watching a video of a test in C19 at the moment. The pitch wear is actually developing as the game is played!

The annoying thing is if you combined bits of Ashes Cricket, Cricket 19 and the latest iterations you would have the perfect cricket game.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pitch - 50
Ball - 80

I haven't had any nice outfield catches or leading edges or anything to a fielder yet though. But the actual cricket is so much better, the animations, the flow, the lack of jank.

The fact that an aggressive player looks to dominate a spinner and belts him is just miles ahead of anything in C24 where they nervously prod everything around before popping up a catch.

I’m also back on C19 and Ashes 17 since last week. If they can combine the two with the eye candy of C24 then we might have the best cricket game ever.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I'm watching a video of a test in C19 at the moment. The pitch wear is actually developing as the game is played!

Problem is, does it make an actual difference? No point in just the texturing changing from days 1 to 5 on the wicket if it is purely cosmetic.

Hester

County Cricketer
Problem is, does it make an actual difference? No point in just the texturing changing from days 1 to 5 on the wicket if it is purely cosmetic.
I kind of agree (I think Ashes cricket 17 had visual pitch wear that would reset when you logged off and came back the next day. but they fixed that with a patch) but the fact that it was developing during the same day's play shows that they gave a shit about it looking legit. That wasn't in C22. Jury seems out on whether there are any physics differences between days 1 and 5 in C24, but why remove the visuals?

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Just look at this

Two catches at 1st slip. Visual pitch wear. AI playing shots. A bat-boot though....
Licensed stadium with actual, real pitch sponsors? (Why aren't they in C24 btw? wtf is that all about??)

even the toss is overseen by match refree and a host with a mic unlike the drab affair of 2 umpires ,that is just a such a lazy ommission in cricket 24....like why would you go backwards,when you had such great presentation in c19...so bizarre.
They need to add that back for god sake atleast

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Pitch - 50
Ball - 80

Ball friction at 80 is too high .Max i would go is 55.Reduce pitch friction and swing by increments of 3 and see if it makes a diff.I remember increasing good input edges lead to some infield catches and keep miss input @ 50 and miss ability influence @50

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Wow man. I might have to redownload C19. Weren't the players tiny mini-men with toy bats and pads but adult heads though? I seem to remember that being a thing. ...

It's amazing the things we forget when we have yearly releases of games. EA have mastered the art of removing things from their sports games and barely improving them year on year. It appears Bigant have modelled themselves on EA but gone even further by making their games worse.
Post automatically merged:

I bet it was possible to make a realistic Newlands in C19 too. Then Bigant thought it would be cool to remove the mountains from the academy in C22
The player models are better than current stick models of cricket 24.Cricket 19 players had variety.
Post automatically merged:

Just look at this

I also like the minimal UI.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
As an aside Ive just fired up C19.

Maharaj getting tonked around a bit, first morning of a test on a green pitch against an aggressive Jason Roy, you would expect that. He is 0-70 off 12, England 268-4.

Then Buttler (aggressive) comes running down the track to him, misses and gets stumped. 1-79 off 15. You simply cannot get that on C22 or C24.

I'd agree then counter it with there's some things on 25 that you can't get on 19. So we need to find that ultimate sweet spot.

Or give me 19 with the bowling animations haha

Edit: just read people's replies.. they are on same wave length.. ignore me

Users who are viewing this thread