Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It's not far off is it? That's what's so frustrating I think.
There is nothing truly game breaking ( the run outs maybe but just reload and voila) but its the 15 to 20 irksome little things that add up and cast a shadow over all the good stuff. I am not talking about gameplay things but things like

Backward throwing
Walking through the stumps
Janky movements
Sliding on the pitch
The fact that ai already start leaving the ball even before it has pitched
The way the bowler hangs his head knowing already it was a near miss despite you appealing

And a bucket load of other things.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Wicketkeeper stays back now all the time now.Whats with this slo mo thing when a batter come forward as if to run and then goes back.Had it 3 or 4 times today never had it before.Serves no purpose whats o ever.Otherthrows are back yay.Doesn't anyone check these patches before releasing them.Just a waste of time .There is really no mad rush at this point to get patches out much better to make sure they work than just rush them out.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So, played half an hour this morning for a t20 game, as i resumed bowling, AI had 3 wkts all silly run outs (fielding was semi assisted always but i just couldn't take their awful behaviour so ran them out:grinning:)
but after latest patch , i increased AI batting run rate a little and reduced their wkt chance & i had a very decent bat ball contest (Andre Russel & shardul thakur took my spinners for cleaners with 7 sixes each), i m still tinkering with sliders but on gameplay it felt very good & authentic, now only thing i felt which needs to be iron out is WK not coming up to stumps to collect boundary throws. Will play some more today but for now bowling was enjoyable.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Not sure if I need to be happy that keeper is not taking super human catches now or be sad he is not taking any catches of spinners.
I was batting and keeper missed almost 4 edges which are very simple catches.

Also now fielders are throwing ball to the keeper when he is down and its causing byes. Happened thrice after the latest patch

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Not sure if I need to be happy that keeper is not taking super human catches now or be sad he is not taking any catches of spinners.
I was batting and keeper missed almost 4 edges which are very simple catches.

Also now fielders are throwing ball to the keeper when he is down and its causing byes. Happened thrice after the latest patch
They simply can't fix things before they leave patching. Did the same with cricket 19 and 22 too. Atleast revert back to the patch before November 9th and leave it, that was a decent state of game atleast.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I’m asking again, I dont own 24, but from the posts here why does it feel like many issues that were there in Cricket 19 are still present in 24.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
we raise support ticket for not rushing patches without proper testing. AI Wicket Keeper is throwing every ball back to bowler now if human batter leaves the ball. It's very weird animation

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I had fifteen overs without a runout yesterday and now back to one every couple of overs. I can't be bothered to reload every time and I shouldn't have to wait for them to finish running before I throw. What changed that I got 15 overs without a runout?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Anyone able to play the front foot drive against fast bowlers between cover and point fielder?

not able to play a single shot in that gap.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-14 115210.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-14 115210.png
    1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I wonder how long they test the patch before deciding to release it? You need to play at least a full test match to see all round behavior of batters, bowlers and fielders. But just looking at the wicket keeper sliding to in front of the batsmen to take catches that are meant to be taken by silly point and the fielders throwing the ball when they face the opposite direction, then one can't stop thinking that they don't test the patches properly. Probably just a quick 5 over match of testing . Who does the approval of release?

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Straight drive and cover drives are non existent now after today's patch and fielder throws the ball facing the other side. Why can't they just quit fixing it and call it a day and move on? A proper testing isn't not possible at all during a patch up? So stupid of them.

@JNT BA please quit fixing anything for god's sake. Enough is enough

Users who are viewing this thread