Cricket 24 - General Discussion

BarestOfMargins

Club Captain
Another thing Ive noticed, not a single no-ball bowled when Im batting, been well over 100 overs across two innings now. I seem to bowl one per over (obviously this is my fault for trying to be too precise, but I think the what-ya-call-its are too sensitive compared to C19 - I left C22 off, thankfully). The pick up and aim movement by fielders is as annoying as the throw the ball and hit the stumps everytime regardless of whether a run has been attempted.

Still enjoying the game mind you, just some bits that id love fixed for realism.

Edit: Also to add, nowhere near enough close lbw, nick calls etc. 3 reviews each pretty pointless in this game..! Guess I could change the umpires to be terrible might sort?

Last edited:

Hester

County Cricketer
Higher it is the better they bowl... in theory. But it's minimal .
I'm finding at 10 that the short balls they bowl aren't wides. At 50 and 90 there were 3 an over.
I wonder if 'better' equals better bowler timing and speed. That would make them bounce higher I guess.
Post automatically merged:

Reduce the bouncer length to 40.. it will reduce the over head wides
I might. I did that in C22 and it worked well.

Hester

County Cricketer
I'm finding at 10 that the short balls they bowl aren't wides. At 50 and 90 there were 3 an over.
I wonder if 'better' equals better bowler timing and speed. That would make them bounce higher I guess.
Post automatically merged:

I might. I did that in C22 and it worked well.
Although it's more to do with the Ai obsession with short balls at 90 that's the problem I feel.

Godamasu

Club Captain
BNG..
Let's be fair though.. this place did become an absolute dive
So did their game?

There were a lot to cherish in the earlier installments, unlike the last ones. It's no surprise that there is barely any positivity coming from this forum, because there is barely any reason for it to come.

cricboi

Club Captain
I am very much enjoying the game. I've especially found a good rhythm with tests. A few tips: 1) Don't set too high of a second innings total or the AI will really stick around. 2) Bat your first innings on your normal settings and then change it to Hardest if you go into your next innings with a lead. It makes batting basically impossible but is fun when you have runs in hand. 3) Don't play with short leg or basically anyone 5 feet of the batter on the leg side. You will get too many wickets this way, even if they aren't bat pad you'll get a ton of acrobatic catches on well driven balls.

The new challenge I have is finding pitch settings that work so stock good length balls actually bounce near or about the top of off. Killing pitch bounce and ball bounce has helped but then the friction is so high that the ball rarely carries to slip. Similarly, using a hard deck leads to great AI bowling but then every good length ball is 6 inches above the bails while my full length ball still stays quite low.

Can people post what physics settings they've found the most success with in tests. I find the Rumple sliders are great for when I'm batting but I can't seem to find a sweet spot for when I'm bowling. Cheers :)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Another thing Ive noticed, not a single no-ball bowled when Im batting, been well over 100 overs across two innings now. I seem to bowl one per over (obviously this is my fault for trying to be too precise, but I think the what-ya-call-its are too sensitive compared to C19 - I left C22 off, thankfully). The pick up and aim movement by fielders is as annoying as the throw the ball and hit the stumps everytime regardless of whether a run has been attempted.

Still enjoying the game mind you, just some bits that id love fixed for realism.

Edit: Also to add, nowhere near enough close lbw, nick calls etc. 3 reviews each pretty pointless in this game..! Guess I could change the umpires to be terrible might sort?
I had one where I was Australia Warner was on 1 and broad got him lbw I thought oh that’s close they didn’t review and it was hitting felt good I like those aspects when they appear

Users who are viewing this thread