Pakistan Team Discussion

Are you Pakistani Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 92 74.8%
  • No!

Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters
Can someone give me a summary? Baz is so chill I wouldn't know if he's raging or discussing what to have for lunch.

• That's all fine, we already know Pakistan has performed badly in Australia recently
  • But every country bases their cricketing prowess on an established FC system (eg County and Ranji
  • How can you say you value FC cricket when you are making a mockery of rules, backdoor shady stuff. 80 overs maximum in first innings is ridiculous, it stagnates FC player development
  • You say our players lack intent and power hitting but then you block U19 players from playing the National T20
  • They have mandated atleast 1 U23 player in every FC XI. That is ridiculous — this is professional cricket and best players must be picked
  • Apart from that, conditions and pitches are a joke
  • In the world there are universal rules for FC cricket that should never be tampered with
  • You can't expect Pak cricket to perform well when the level under that is constantly devalued
  • Look at Bangladesh they finish FC season in just 2 months with somewhat balanced pitches
  • I can guarantee you no decent Test cricketer will come out of this FC system
  • How narcissist do you have to be to think the world is doing FC cricket wrong for years and you have the right answer to it

Honestly - everyone knew we would lose in Australia, yet we are all so disappointed at how badly we lost. Pakistan love to exceed expectations.

Every criticism I have heard (especially from Bazid Khan) is completely valid.

Here are my 2 hypotheses from the last few years
- Misbah was a genius and knew how to rally and get the best out of his team. We took us to number 1 in the Test ranking and made home (UAE then), a fortress for us. We beat Australia, England, and South Africa all at home. And we even got 2-2 against England in England. Without any "superstars" - our seamer used to Rahat Ali, Mohammad Abbas, Hasan Ali - there was no Naseem Shah or Shaheen Afridi.
- Playing cricket in Pakistan has ruined Pakistan cricket. Sarfaraz is one of your highest run scorers this year in domestic and averaged akin to Bradman this season! Pakistan doesn't know how to get a result on those pitches - England did though. They were better suited and planned than Pakistan ever could.

Finally, Pakistan cricket has ruined its superstars by using them like a workhouse.
- Afridi should not be playing at all. He is not fit, your lead bowler with the new ball is bowling at 130! Which was the reason not to select Mohammad Abbas btw.
- You select Sarfaraz instead of Rizwan because of his scores in the QeA tournament! Completely different pitches.
- Picking Agha Salman as your premier spinner because you wanted to fit in Faheem Ashraf! Who is Faheem Ashraf sleeping with? What has been done to warrant a selection? Is the test bowling average of 40 the best we have? Agha Salman doesn't even have a good enough First-Class bowling average?
- I would honestly go for as to rest Babar Azam aswell. He has had a horrid year! He's emotionally down and you're not even letting him rest. You're going to ruin him aswell

Picking Agha Salman as your premier spinner because you wanted to fit in Faheem Ashraf
Because Abrar got injured, and the Aussies average 100+ each against left-arm spin, with Noman being the alternative.
Agha's job was to hold up one end, and he did it perfectly. This is unwarranted criticism

Because Abrar got injured, and the Aussies average 100+ each against left-arm spin, with Noman being the alternative.
Agha's job was to hold up one end, and he did it perfectly. This is unwarranted criticism

Not sure I agree - your premier spinner can't just hold up one end. You're not trying to just get through the overs - you need to attack especially when two debutants are playing and you can't predict their performance. I'd even accept holding up one end if the rest of the bowlers were all out and out attacking bowling that needed breaks but both Shaheen, Faheem, and Khurram were bowling in the mid-130 at best.

Noman picked up 10 wickets in the last series against Australia (admittedly at home), including a 6-for in Rawalpindi. I'd much rather play a proper spinner to at least attack and potentially get a wicket.

Not sure I agree - your premier spinner can't just hold up one end. You're not trying to just get through the overs - you need to attack especially when two debutants are playing and you can't predict their performance. I'd even accept holding up one end if the rest of the bowlers were all out and out attacking bowling that needed breaks but both Shaheen, Faheem, and Khurram were bowling in the mid-130 at best.

Noman picked up 10 wickets in the last series against Australia (admittedly at home), including a 6-for in Rawalpindi. I'd much rather play a proper spinner to at least attack and potentially get a wicket.

I agree with this, regardless of left hand v aus stats, you pick players that are the best at your disposal. If the main frontline spinner is injured, choose another frontline spinner such as Noman, not a guy who is part time bowl, part time bat haha

Also, if the reason for not picking Noman was averages v australia, why is he even in the squad?

Screenshot_2023-12-19-15-42-03-22_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg
From the last T20I series (April 2023):

In: Aamir Jamal, Abrar Ahmad, Abbas Afridi, Haseebullah, Sahibzada Farhan, Usama Mir

Out: Shan Masood, Ihsanullah, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Haris, Imad Wasim, Naseem Shah

Thoughts:

Abbas Afridi :up:, Naseem Shah :down::
Probably the best they could've done in terms of replacement, although he won't perform anywhere near the same role

Aamir Jamal :up:, Faheem Ashraf :down::
Good move, coming from an ISLU fan. Jamal has a much higher ceiling

Haseebullah :up:, Shan Masood :down::
Yes

Sahibzada Farhan :up:, Mohammad Haris :down::
Don't like this much as @CerealKiller said. Farhan hasn't performed in PSL yet and Haris is young and hits sixes

Usama Mir :up:, Imad Wasim :down::
Didn't have the best WC, but once again, probably the best option

Abrar Ahmad :up:, Ihsanullah :down::
Ihsan is injured right? Abrar defo warrants a place anyway

Wait a sec just realized Shadab isn't there. When checking ins and outs I just assumed he would be. Wonder why? Maybe an injury

Wait a sec just realized Shadab isn't there. When checking ins and outs I just assumed he would be. Wonder why? Maybe an injury
No, just bad form. But then again he's been perpetually half-injured for a year.
Sahibzada Farhan :up:, Mohammad Haris :down::
Don't like this much as @CerealKiller said. Farhan hasn't performed in PSL yet and Haris is young and hits sixes
Farhan deserves it. Haseeb doesn't get in ahead of Haris for me.

Users who are viewing this thread